Stingray (Stern 1977)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/stingray-stern-1977/

Playfield image and plastics where rebuilt from cryptdoctor21s vp9 table

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/stingray-stern-1977-vp9-fs/

he did a great job on the PF redraw but those are not accurate light inserts.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Total of 30 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

and speaking of PF images with bad light inserts

I can pull a Loserman and release 5 tables in one day.   if anyone is interested in finishing this PF images for me.

I pretty much have the tables finished they just need the PF images finished

the only table missing resources is Cosmic Princes,  the plastics from the VP9 table are unusable because of the burnt in GI light effect.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qx3q1dzybg9ieue/AADZsah7BlNTMzV2dZEalevWa?dl=0

if not you can all wait as I release them throughout the year.

Wild Fry and Trident are pretty much finished.  only problem is that I used the same incorrect images for my light inserts.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Gwen
        Participant
          @gwen

Thanks for the great looking table!  I am finding that the ball will not kick out of the upper and center kicker holes though.  It just keeps kicking and not coming out.

Gwen
          - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

xenonph
          Participant
            @xenonph
            MemberContributor

If you change the last numbers on Line 108 and Line 113 from 5 to 6 it will eject ball.

So Line 108 will look like this…

bsSaucer1.InitSaucer sw12,12,180,5

You just need to change to…

bsSaucer1.InitSaucer sw12,12,180,6

same with Line 113..

From this…

bsSaucer2.InitSaucer sw12a,12,207,5

To this…

bsSaucer2.InitSaucer sw12a,12,207,6

This should now eject balls for you.

Edit..tried adding pic as attachment but no go.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Thank you 32assassin :good:

Xenon, Attachments are just for the other “Files”, Images Uplader is here …

images

2 users thanked author for this post.
              STAT
              Participant
                @stefanaustria
                MemberContributor

FS POV optimized …
                32assassinm you could add it to the next Update.

Attachments:
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Thanks, 32a! This was on my wish list of classic Sterns.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Something new there ?

Rajo Joey
                    Participant
                      @joey2001

I’m also wondering, what’s new. The last version was 0.9, so maybe something was changed or there is no bug and he released it as 1.0.

[Edit] Filedate and filesize has changed.

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Hey @stat & @Joey

The changelog says:
                        adjusted kickers
                        PF updated by Fransisco666

or is that from the previous update?

bord
                          @bord

Hi @32assassin, one thing that I miss on this table is switched bumper lights. Instead of being always on they should alternate as seen in this video: https://youtu.be/NA7_tit8tqk?t=57

I’ve been really enjoying playing this one. Thanks again.

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

according to the service manual and more specific the J3 connector

the Top and left bumper share a lamp ID an the right bumper has its own lamp ID

now I have to figure out what those IDs are from the 20-30 IDs that are currently unmapped given

that none of the VP9 tables have those lights mapped.

kds70
                            Participant
                              @kds70

Table is a masterpiece … love it. Thanks @32assassin :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

markrock76
                              Participant
                                @markrock76

Thanks for the great table 32assassin!  I have 2 questions.  Should I be able to see the lines from the playfield primitive?  And since a primitive playfield is being used is there a way to get more wobble out of the kicker holes?  I’ve been playing around with them but I can’t figure out how to get more realistic behavior.

bord
                                  @bord

@markrock76, try replacing the playfield_mesh with this one:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14fcJOFSmlvXxb4lrSsG5anfMpl1V4WkI

and turn the settings to look like this:

stingray

You can set the shading options for a mesh surface to smooth or flat. The current one is set to smooth and creates problems in VPX. The attached one is set to flat and shouldn’t create any visual anomalies.

EDIT: I should say this is only to fix the visual stuff. The kicker hole physics are entirely separate.

32assassin
                                  Participant
                                    @32assassin

I did not know why the mesh was visible given that it was set to hidden

I assume that if you want more wobble you have to make the actual kickers smallers

@bord

I tried to identify the bumper ID lights but had little luck

I added lights up to 64 and all the backglass lights have been identified

the only two remaming lights  that trigger are 28 and 54

but the light animaton comes no where near to matching the light animation on the video

I’m thinking

ID 54 –> left top and top bumper

ID 54 inverted –> right bumper

test table with all the lights

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml0va8z4rffzqqh/Stingray%20LIght%20test%20maping.vpt?dl=0

markrock76
                                    Participant
                                      @markrock76

Thanks Bord and 32A.  It seems like the kickers need a new property in order to allow the ball to settle longer before grabbing it.  Maybe a delay?  I can get pretty good wobble without the kicker enabled.  But very tough to get good results and have it also kick the ball back out.

Table looks great though.

32assassin
                                      Participant
                                        @32assassin

try it without the magnets,  just move them off the table,  don’t delete them or you will get s script error.

the magnets where only added to simulate the concave wood around the kicker,

edit

I take it back I did not add magnets to this table

Yves Staub
                                        Participant
                                          @yves-staub

First of all, I wanna say a big thank you to 32assassin for making this beautyful table.

During gameplay I have noticed, that the lights from the lower saucer won’t change corresponding to the awards this saucer actually gives. The Lights Number L36 and L37 are allways on and the Lights Number L16, L48 and L64 are allways off.

Does anybody else have this issue or is the a fix for that? Thanks for any help.

BTW: These Lights are working correctly in the VP9 Version of this table.

32assassin
                                          Participant
                                            @32assassin

the service manual does not have a map for the lights

I assumed that the name of the lights of the VP9 tables where the rom IDs.

it was true for some but not all.

I updated all the lights to match the correct rom IDs.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?