Taxi (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Ginsonic
    Participant
      @ginsonic

I LOVE this one, thanks so much IPCjuggla  :yahoo:   :heart:

toxie
      Participant
        @toxie
        VP DEVMember

Wow! Thanks a lot!

toxie
        Participant
          @toxie
          VP DEVMember

One minor request: Please lower the z value of the flipper shadow primitives to something like 0.1, as otherwise the AO calculations will pick the primitive up and you get a dark outline around the quad.

senseless
          Participant
            @senseless

Awesome guys! Nice surprise of one of my all time favourites back in the days :). Things just getter better and better, thanks for this team work and great result.

RonnyH
            Participant
              @ronnieh

Thanks guys, looks and plays amazing :good: . Still a question though, when launching direct from VP10 on my Cab the B2S backglass is shown. Only when launched from Pinballx the backglass is not showing. Settings are the same for other working VP10 tables launched from PBX (v2,31). Any ideas, or anybody else with this issue ?

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Fantastic work on one of my favorite older tables!

Even in a military shack this table is great fun to play…can’t wait to try it out on my cabinet when I get back home!

senseless
                Participant
                  @senseless

Just finished a half hour of Taxi and loved every minute of it! One question : I saw that the express lane is still on after finishing a game. I can’t remember if this is also the case on the real pin. I seems like an advantage to start with this.

Jopp
                  Participant
                    @joppnl

Thanks to all involved!

Looks lovely, vey high detail, excellent, a real gem thanks!

My favorite pinball machine?
                    Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

ICPjuggla
                      @icpjuggla
                      MembervipModerator

We are adding a few other things.. An update won’t come tonight! Hopefully tomorrow.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                      Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Needless to say that I installed both versions (LED and classic) as separate tables in the cab.
                        They are way too good to miss one of them.

Guys I like these ramps again, I could eat them :)  looks so awesome with the small particels on it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Lol! You could eat them they do look that nice. :) I installed both versions as separate tables too!

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

Mark70
                          Participant
                            @mark70

lol yeah :)

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

looks so awesome with the small particels on it.

I’m really glad to hear you say that, I observed in many photos that even on fairly new plastic ramps there would be a ball trail and lots of small nics and imperfections in the plastic, some times even just dust particles catching light.  Most everything else in the texture is 3d rendered but those details I did by hand in photoshop.

3dcreation

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

I’m really glad to hear you say that, I observed in many photos that even on fairly new plastic ramps there would be a ball trail and lots of small nics and imperfections in the plastic, some times even just dust particles catching light. Most everything else in the texture is 3d rendered but those details I did by hand in photoshop.

Very impressive work Dark. It exactly looks like these small scratches or dust particles on real ramps.
                                And yes it has a very nice impact on the Light. I believe it was the first game when I had to go to the side of my cab to marvel at the ramps and the particles. :) It looks also very nice when you loose your last ball (LED version), and the light turns off , that gives a nice contrast to the the ramps for this moment, and you see how well they were illuminated.

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

I’m really glad to hear you say that, I observed in many photos that even on fairly new plastic ramps there would be a ball trail and lots of small nics and imperfections in the plastic, some times even just dust particles catching light. Most everything else in the texture is 3d rendered but those details I did by hand in photoshop.

Very impresive work Dark. It exactly looks like these small scratches or dust particles on real ramps. And yes it has a very nice impact on the Light. I believe it was the first game when I had to go to the side of my cab to marvel at the ramps and the particles. :) It looks also very nice when you loose your last ball (LED version), and the light turns off , that gives a nice contrast to the the ramps for this moment, and you see how well they were illuminated.

We used texture maps that switch in the script to give the ramps that awesome extra glow! I came up with the idea and dark implemented the texture perfectly. To top it off mfuegemann did an awesome job scripting it all! ? All in all it turned out exactly how I pictured it.

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

We used texture maps that switch in the script to give the ramps that awesome extra glow! I came up with the idea and dark implemented the texture perfectly. To top it off mfuegemann did an awesome job scripting it all! ? All in all it turned out exactly how I pictured it.

Awesome teamwork, the extra glow looks just perfect!
                                    I like all these details.

robertms
                                    Participant
                                      @mophead

ICP/Dark/Michael and Ben: phenomenal work, a true feast for all pinballing senses. Pretty sure I drooled all over my glass.. Many thanks for your hard work. WhoopWhoop!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      ICPjuggla
                                        @icpjuggla
                                        MembervipModerator

Table has been updated to 1.1 :-)

sorry it took so long I’ve been busy with real life stuff..

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                        randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Thanks icp! I know busy with stuff :) thank you.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

Drybonz
                                          Participant
                                            @drybonz

I’ve been a bit behind on trying out new tables, but just got to check this one out.  You guys did a great job on it… thanks for the table.  Lighting and ramps look really cool.

I noticed the elasticity falloff was left blank for the flippers… was this an oversight, or is there an advantage to leaving it without this field?

Thanks again.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?