Taxi (Williams 1988)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    RallyRally
    Participant
      @rallyrally

Just now trying starting with v1.1. Looks great, plays fantastic! I love it when I don’t have to change anything to enjoy it. Just about perfect as is.

What’s intriguing me atm is when you first start the simulation, the ball tends to center drain out of the joyride kicker a few times, but then very rarely afterward. I am -very- appreciative of the angle of the ramps, so that a failed ramp shot rolls back either into the same flipper that launched it or into the slings every time. This version of the table is also one of the very few VPX tables I’ve seen that gets the physics of the rubber above the inlane/outlane divider right.

Kudos to all your efforts!

TNT2
      Participant
        @tnt2

I know I have said this before about various Pinball Arcade tables but I thought Taxi was boring when I played it in TPA. Obviously I have learned that those tables are not always a completely accurate representation.

I find that the VPX table is a lot of fun.  :yes:

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

another unreal super clean, wicked smooth table…. no less than I would expect
          love it man!!

Dark
            @dark
            vipMemberContributor

another unreal super clean, wicked smooth table…. no less than I would expect love it man!!

Glad you like it bud.

3dcreation

ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

table has been updated

1.2 update

– ball shadow implementation by rothbauerw
              – ICPjuggla fixed a few lights on the regular lighting
              – dark added solder joints on some ramps.

enjoy ICP

3 users thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thank you icp and team! Table looks even better and that’s hard to say as it looked great before. I like shadows and the joints!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

Just wanted to bump this to make sure everyone saw the update since it got buried by NFL mods.  :good:

3dcreation

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I’m going to bump it as well. It will be table of the week over at vpf. So, c’mon guys – the more people we are that are competing in these challenges the more fun.

Unfortunately I have a self inflicted HW problem in my cab, so this table is going to be waiting for me.

Thank you very much for the update “retired” ICP ;)

rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great table, thanks for the updated.

I’d love to see a leader board here were folks can post their high scores for any table.  Maybe with a featured table of the week?  What do you guys think?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

Thanks for the update of this all time classic for me :). Played it to death when I as a teenager. Now this version is gonna help me win this weeks challenge!

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Great table, thanks for the updated. I’d love to see a leader board here were folks can post their high scores for any table. Maybe with a featured table of the week? What do you guys think?

If we  do a leader board here i would  like it to be actually a “leader board” with database linking to different tables or even downloads page.  Where we could have matches it’s a great way to play test a build that’s for sure!

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Dark
                            @dark
                            vipMemberContributor

Great table, thanks for the updated. I’d love to see a leader board here were folks can post their high scores for any table. Maybe with a featured table of the week? What do you guys think?

If we do a leader board here i would like it to be actually a “leader board” with database linking to different tables or even downloads page. Where we could have matches it’s a great way to play test a build that’s for sure!

Sounds like a neat idea, I’m sure people would dig it.  It would be nice to have over all standings but it would also be good to have tourney’s or like the game of the week or what have you.  :good:

3dcreation

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw

If we do a leader board here i would like it to be actually a “leader board” with database linking to different tables or even downloads page. Where we could have matches it’s a great way to play test a build that’s for sure!

It would be even cooler if you could track leaders by VPX, VP9, or IRL.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I have a Unique idea for challenges!

Will work on getting a test page setup

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Skeptic. Looking at other such implementations, cheaters everywhere.

Sven34
                                  Participant
                                    @sven34

thanks ICPiuuggla for Taxi, nice  :good:

johnco
                                    Participant
                                      @johnco

So much fun on this great table.  Does the carrypassengers switch work?

johnco
                                      Participant
                                        @johnco

I thought it was just hard to hit but now I’ve added the ballcontrol bits and I’m pretty sure that switch doesn’t do anything.  I went mucking about in the script but don’t really know what to look for, how to implement a new switch, check if this one should be doing anything…

rothbauerw
                                          @rothbauerw

I took a look at this the other day and didn’t see any issues.  Can you grab a screen shot of the switch you believe  isn’t working?

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw

Upon second look, you are right.  Target24 does not register.  There are two hit subs for that target.  Comment the following line should fix it.

Sub Target24_hit: PlaySound SoundFX(“target”,DOFTargets) End Sub

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?