Top Gun Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I am by no means a fan of original or modded tables unless done by a real company back in the day, but I love this one.  Made me smile the whole time I played it.  I never downloaded the Taito space shuttle because Bords was so great, good choice modding after that one.  The pinup looks amazing.  At first I was thinking, why did he put the score on the BG, but love it.  Great job.  And the plane looks great too!! :good: :good: :good: :good:

@Siggi
      …how the hell can you hate TopGun????????????????? :unsure:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

Its a shame that this table has been downloaded 345 times and only 34 thanks, come on people

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

The only recommendation I would make, I like to keep the intensity of the red inserts down low, like 2-4, so you can read the writing if there is some.  Also, if you cutout the holes on the PF image for the drop targets, standup targets and wire rollovers and use the inside of hole primitive it looks really nice.

example

Untitled

Great job on the table otherwise, one of my favorite PUPs

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Engage!  So, even tho’ I don’t have pinup player, I was determined to play this table.  So I spent the better part of the morning going through the script and commenting out line after line of pup stuff.  Then would try to load and comment out any other error lines.  And I got it running.  Just table sounds and a few effects but it’s working.  I just had to check out that ramp mod.  Gotta say, this plays great.  And love that ramp mod!  I did check out the videos and wow, thanks for all the work that went into this.  Very cool.  Not sure I’ll get around to pinup player in the near future but I created a static b2s so I can throw it on my cab tonight and check it out further.  Hm…guess I won’t be keeping score.

Graphics look fantastic.  Very cool work with the plane.  And since I’m hearing the table sounds loud and clear – – that spinner is perfect!!

Thanks again zimbakin and support crew.  Much appreciated.     whoops, I think I forgot to hit the like/thanks buttons.  Better get on that.

zimbakin
            Participant
              @zimbakin

Been looking forward to this mod. Preview looks better than what I expected. Will fire it up when I’m back from work today. Thank you very much ! :good:

Thanks for your motivation and support @Thalamus

Never take advice from me,
              you'll end up drunk.

LynnInDenver
              Participant
                @lynnindenver

Not sure I’ll get around to pinup player in the near future…

You’re likely going to start missing out – PinupPlayer is starting to give some indications that it’s going to outright replace UltraDMD and DirectB2S Server as the backglass and DMD solution of choice in the next year or two, at bare minimum for original tables, and quite likely we’ll start seeing non ROM light backglasses for recreations being done this way.

I still need to sit down and design and write a tutorial to do what’s been done with this table on my part – picking out the byte values out of the PinMAME display driver, converting those into numbers, then making up a complete score that way that PinUp then displays. I found how to do it from one of the Modern Sterns to Not Be Named that was converted from Sea Witch, so this is likely only the second table to pull the trick to get a ROM score onto a PuP backglass. With enough work, one can actually extract (mostly accurate) text out of an alphanumeric (limitations of things like O vs 0, 5 and S, etc.), although displaying it works best using a similar style of font that accounts for the character sharing that winds up resulting.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JR
                Genesis38
                Participant
                  @genesis38

Ended up fixing my problem. Was a Rom issue. Using a different Rom now and all good. Thank you for this beautiful table. I love the music, movie clips and that 80s feel. So good! No disrespect to the Space Shuttle table, but this mod is way more enjoyable. At least for me. Was never really a fan of the original table.

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to add Sega After Burners music to the table? It’s so fitting since the game was a spin off of Top Gun.

Shannon
                  Participant
                    @shannon1

Very fine mod.. thanks to all involved!

coreduo0099
                    Participant
                      @coreduo0099

Wow!  Awesome mod.. I like it way better than the original table with the fantastic PUPpack!

Oldschool4
                      Participant
                        @oldschool4

Thankyou zimbakin, Well Done. :good:

zimbakin
                        Participant
                          @zimbakin

Ended up fixing my problem. Was a Rom issue. Using a different Rom now and all good. Thank you for this beautiful table. I love the music, movie clips and that 80s feel. So good! No disrespect to the Space Shuttle table, but this mod is way more enjoyable. At least for me. Was never really a fan of the original table.

Out of curiosity, how difficult would it be to add Sega After Burners music to the table? It’s so fitting since the game was a spin off of Top Gun.

Glad you got it going.
                          To add music, simply drag an .mp3 to the [MusicGameplay] folder. Likewise, delete anything you’re not happy with.

you'll end up drunk.

Flipper_Freak
                          Participant
                            @awalsh053

Hey @zimbakin awesome work on the table love the theme and the backglass overlay I run a third screen I would like to run the backglass like a fullscreen dmd on that screen but can’t figure out what numbers to change in script if this is possible thanks in advance amazing table!!! :yahoo:

robertms
                            Participant
                              @mophead

@zimbakin Great mod, very well done, excellent pup implementation. I’m surprised more people haven’t commented on your clever “dead-end” ramp transformation, I think it’s brilliant in execution and combined with the dynamic action augmented by great sound effects helps this mod stand on it’s own. Many thanks for taking this up and to all who contributed! :good:

trochjochel
                              Participant
                                @trochjochel

Its a shame that this table has been downloaded 345 times and only 34 thanks, come on people

thats normal(but not correct) at the end you got 2%-3% thanks from the people who download your files

Genesis38
                                Participant
                                  @genesis38

Zimbakin, I like all of the music, just wanted to see if I could add more to it, which means I can. I can’t wait to add the afterburner music to it. I love the table so much and it’s been my favorite the last day or two. Can’t stop playing it. I’m having some stuttering which I have to figure out but other than that, I absolutely love it!! Thank you again for your hard work. 

Mark70
                                  Participant
                                    @mark70

Great mod! The playfield graphics, the additional wireramp. Together with the great looking PUP Pack wich has nice videos and audio, scoring and that awesome looking HUD!

And the table is different enough to not conflict with Bord’s awesome Space Shuttle on the cab :)

Thank you for sharing.

I agree that a topper would be a very nice addition :)

nmooer
                                    Participant
                                      @nmooermidrivers-com

Thank you! Can’t wait to try it!

ed18555
                                      Participant
                                        @ed18555

Thanks for Top Gun, it’s a lot of fun!

dramaone
                                        Participant
                                          @dramaone

Thanks for this. Lovely table and the pup backglass looks outstanding.

I have an issue though, when I launch the ball it gets stuck a few inches above place of launch.

I seem to be able to bypass by restarting the table.

Any ideas?

thanks

zimbakin
                                          Participant
                                            @zimbakin

Thanks for this. Lovely table and the pup backglass looks outstanding.

I have an issue though, when I launch the ball it gets stuck a few inches above place of launch.

I seem to be able to bypass by restarting the table.

Any ideas?

thanks

That’s an interesting one. I haven’t encountered this issue.
                                            Check that you don’t have any buttons linked to the ‘C’ key for manual ball control…could be something’s activating that which would stop the ball.
                                            Maybe try completely reseting the table, delete NVram etc. and see if that helps.

you'll end up drunk.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?