Tron Legacy LE: 3 on 1 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, DMD on 1 Screen )

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

external DMD Does not rotate  90*

Try this.. ( Using PinUpPackEditor.exe ) See TerryRed Post Above..
      You could always change the size of the pup-pack windows so there’s a space at the bottom..

Then use the special location for the external DMD on those games..

This may help
      https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/puppackscreentweaker/?fbclid=IwAR1ZetaVnWxm4hW61oHjyi9GEdSehq5zxGFLpWWPt-mG8nvOvXgystzqEVM

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Zedixair
      Participant
        @zedixair

@TerryRed and @outhere : thanks for your advices !

I think it’s going to be very tricky for me to do what you suggest, but I’ll try…

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Yes it may be a challenge, but once you get it working you’ll be very satisfied that you were Able to make it work

HouseLive
          Participant
            @houselive

Just curious is the OST music not compatible with this 3 in 1 version? I had it working with 3 monitors. but i decided to just go dual for other reasons. and have this pack working perfect, except the awesome music. i copied over all the music folders from the 3 screen version and made sure im using the custom muted rom. but no music. :(

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Just curious is the OST music not compatible with this 3 in 1 version? I had it working with 3 monitors. but i decided to just go dual for other reasons. and have this pack working perfect, except the awesome music. i copied over all the music folders from the 3 screen version and made sure im using the custom muted rom. but no music. :(

This pack would need to be completely updated for it to work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              HouseLive
              Participant
                @houselive

Thanks @terryred guess I’m going back to the 3 screen version. lol. I love this table to much to not have every Bell and Whistle you put time and effort into. Plus it doesn’t help Im a huge TRON fan.  :yahoo:

markzq
                Participant
                  @markzq

Hello TerryRed,

First of all, thank you for your great work on this PuP-Pack.

Unfortunately the PuP-Pack doesnt’t work as it should, while others (like Munsters and Master of the Universe) work completely. I’ve narrowed it down that it seems that all videos that are triggered by event starting with the letter “D” are not triggered at all (for instance, CluMode is triggered by event D12). All other videos that are triggered by event with the letter “W” are working correctly (like the “Arcade Mystery” video and the “ZUSE” and “TRON” letters.

I’ve got the table set for “USA” (also changing ik to UK doesn’t solve it). I’ve got the VPINmame DMD set to “use external DMD” (this does give me an error message “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” every time I start the table, but when I close this message the table works fine and the VPINmame DMD comes up all the same).

Do you have any idea what might be wrong here?

I did notice that you mentioned that “pininit.bat” (that is included in the PuP-Pack) should be excluded by antivirus. But when I downloaded the PuP-Pack I didn’t find any pininit.bat file, not even when I searched within the ZIP file itself before unpacking. Are you sure that the pininit.bat file is in the ZIP file?

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hello TerryRed,

First of all, thank you for your great work on this PuP-Pack.

Unfortunately the PuP-Pack doesnt’t work as it should, while others (like Munsters and Master of the Universe) work completely. I’ve narrowed it down that it seems that all videos that are triggered by event starting with the letter “D” are not triggered at all (for instance, CluMode is triggered by event D12). All other videos that are triggered by event with the letter “W” are working correctly (like the “Arcade Mystery” video and the “ZUSE” and “TRON” letters.

I’ve got the table set for “USA” (also changing ik to UK doesn’t solve it). I’ve got the VPINmame DMD set to “use external DMD” (this does give me an error message “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” every time I start the table, but when I close this message the table works fine and the VPINmame DMD comes up all the same).

Do you have any idea what might be wrong here?

You need freezy dmdext files installed. Without that the External DMD driver isn’t being used…and it also means that pup can’t monitor the DMD images to trigger the videos.

markzq
                    Participant
                      @markzq

Thanks for the quick response. I’m no expert but Freezy is also used for other PuP-Packs, am I right? And those work just fine.

I noticed that in one of the first posts in this support topic, that you meantioned a “pininit.bat” file that should be included in the PuP-Pack, but this file isn’t in the ZIP file (I’ve also checked the ZIP file for your Max Pack, but there isn’t any pininit.bat” file in there either.

I can check the Freezy if you like, but I’m suspecting the lack of the pininit.bat file to be the culprit.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Thanks for the quick response. I’m no expert but Freezy is also used for other PuP-Packs, am I right? And those work just fine.

I noticed that in one of the first posts in this support topic, that you meantioned a “pininit.bat” file that should be included in the PuP-Pack, but this file isn’t in the ZIP file (I’ve also checked the ZIP file for your Max Pack, but there isn’t any pininit.bat” file in there either.

I can check the Freezy if you like, but I’m suspecting the lack of the pininit.bat file to be the culprit.

Instead of shooting in the dark without having an understanding what your are talking about…maybe actually listen to the fix that was suggested instead of blowing it off, and wasting my time and yours. A VPX original table like MOTU does not work the same as a pup-pack for a rom based table using pupcapture.

I told you what the problem was…why it didn’t work…and the solution.

Install dmd extensions (you can install dmdext-1.8.0-x86-Release.msi).

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/releases

Then edit the dmddevice.ini in your VPinMAME folder to enable pinup. You need “use external DMD” in vpinmame enabled for this table to use the external freezy dmd driver that is now enabled for pinup. When the table is launched position the freezy virtual dmd (if you enabled that) if you want that displayed as well.

markzq
                        Participant
                          @markzq

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean no disrespect. I was just trying to figure out what might be wrong, and the lack of the pininit.bat file triggered me that this might be the issue.

But I downloaded the dmdext-1.8.0-x86.msi file and installed it in the VPINMamefolder of Visual Pinball and made the adjustments in the DmdDevice.ini, DmdDevice.log.config and dmdext.log.config files. Before I used the x64 version of the dmdext msi, because I figured that I should use that because I’m running x64 Windows 10. Now using the x86 version did fix the “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” error message, and now I am seeing a different DMD screen as before (before I was probably seeing the regular DMD and now I’m seeing the Freezy version). But unfortunately I’m still not getting any other videos on my backglass screen, then the “Arcade Mystery”, “ZUSE” and “TRON” videos.

Do you have any other ideas?

TerryRed
                            @terryred

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean no disrespect. I was just trying to figure out what might be wrong, and the lack of the pininit.bat file triggered me that this might be the issue.

But I downloaded the dmdext-1.8.0-x86.msi file and installed it in the VPINMamefolder of Visual Pinball and made the adjustments in the DmdDevice.ini, DmdDevice.log.config and dmdext.log.config files. Before I used the x64 version of the dmdext msi, because I figured that I should use that because I’m running x64 Windows 10. Now using the x86 version did fix the “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” error message, and now I am seeing a different DMD screen as before (before I was probably seeing the regular DMD and now I’m seeing the Freezy version). But unfortunately I’m still not getting any other videos on my backglass screen, then the “Arcade Mystery”, “ZUSE” and “TRON” videos.

Do you have any other ideas?

Don’t mind my crabbiness…. I just had surgery to remove a kidney stone… and I’m in a lot of pain.

Completely close VPX…. then check dmddevice.ini again. Installing freezy disabled it by default.

[pinup]
                            ; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.
                            enabled = true

Then reopen the table. Having vpx still open while making changes means it won’t take affect until vpx has been closed completely.

I just installed freezy 1.8 and I also needed to re-enable pinup, despite having it enabled before.

markzq
                            Participant
                              @markzq

I hope you feel better soon.

You are definitely knowledgeable about this stuff, because you were right. After restarting Visual Pinball and changing the dmddevice.ini file again now all video’s are working :good: :good:

Now I can fully enjoy your work ;-)

Thanks a bunch !!!

FekeFez
                              Participant
                                @fekefez

Thanks for this 2 screen update Terry, works great and keeps all the great stuff from your original pack!

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?