Verne’s World (Spinball 1996)

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Aurel
    Participant
      @aurel

Thanks for this recreation: very good table!

I’ve applied the line given by BorgDog in order to get credit key working and it works! Thanks!

After a few tests I noticed that the Extraball key didn’t work, and in fact pushing it makes the game crasy by adding balls again and again…

I’ve tried to find how to fix it in the script and in the forum but didn’t found anything about that…

So I took a look at the recent JollyPark table from JP and tryed to find the solution: found and it works!

I think it can help some people so I decided to post it here ;)

To get Extraball button working we can add the following line (near line 198) :

If KeyCode = KeyFront Then Controller.Switch(75) = 1 ‘Add extra ball, Keyfront is usually the key nr “2”

Also you have to remove this one to delete the ‘addball’ function using the same key (you can just comment it like this) :

‘ if keycode = 3 then bstrough.addball 0: debug.print “drain”

I hope it will help a few people :)

Thanks to all!  :good:

mccorkled
      Participant
        @mccorkled

Thanks for this recreation: very good table!

I’ve applied the line given by BorgDog in order to get credit key working and it works! Thanks!

After a few tests I noticed that the Extraball key didn’t work, and in fact pushing it makes the game crasy by adding balls again and again…

I’ve tried to find how to fix it in the script and in the forum but didn’t found anything about that…

So I took a look at the recent JollyPark table from JP and tryed to find the solution: found and it works!

I think it can help some people so I decided to post it here ;)

To get Extraball button working we can add the following line (near line 198) :

If KeyCode = KeyFront Then Controller.Switch(75) = 1 ‘Add extra ball, Keyfront is usually the key nr “2”

Also you have to remove this one to delete the ‘addball’ function using the same key (you can just comment it like this) :

‘ if keycode = 3 then bstrough.addball 0: debug.print “drain”

I hope it will help a few people :)

Thanks to all! :good:

I am getting an invalid character error when launching the table after adding your code.

gtxjoe
        Participant
          @gtxjoe

Make sure the new code you added is all on 1 line. Not 2 or 3 lines

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

copy/paste from here might help.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/master/vernes%20world%20082516a.vbs

2 users thanked author for this post.
            mccorkled
            Participant
              @mccorkled

It was all on 1 line. Thalamus script works but I don’t see the addball line anywhere. I assume his script has the fix in it.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

RightMagnaSave :whistle:

CarnyPriest
                Participant
                  @carnypriest

Weird issue that I don’t see mentioned here in the support thread. After locking ball in the volcano, the table launches the next ball from the launch lane. When it drains it does not register and eventually the table will go through a lost ball routine. I can consistently reproduce. It’s not the updated script from the github repository. Same behavior with out without the updated vbs. VPX beta rev3664/SAMBuild r4729

naeromagus
                  Participant
                    @naeromagus

@CarnyPriest I have noticed the same here also with/without updated scripts. @Thalamus can you maybe take a look at this ? since your are obliviously good with scripting for vpx. Thanks guys c

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

For such issues it would definitely be preferable to have the game manual at hand, and not in Spanish. One guy that might be able to fix this is of course @jpsalas.

naeromagus
                      Participant
                        @naeromagus

@CarnyPriest So after speaking with jpsalas. I have fixed the issue. I was on a pretty recent beta 3696 and sambuild from may 17th. But anyway his comment prompted me to go to the latest beta. anyway it still did not solve. So i just re downloaded the table and it is working again as it should. make sure to update script with thalamus github repo . so the credit key registers. Happy playing !  :good:

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

You just re-downloaded the table, and it worked? Ok. Weirder things have happened, I guess. :unsure:

naeromagus
                          Participant
                            @naeromagus

So actually after closer inspection. I re-downloaded, exported my pov setting from the old table loaded into new table and guess what same problem well I went and looked at the Z scale and it was set to something other than 1. Changed to 1 issue is now gone. This is what you get for using someone else’s settings. If you didn’t download again I suggest you check your pov setting.

charlieshakur
                            Participant
                              @charlieshakur

b2s wont show :(

xenonph
                              Participant
                                @xenonph
                                MemberContributor

Go to Line 17 in the table script and change it from this…

Const DB2SOn = False

to this…

Const DB2SOn = True

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?