VR ROOM Attack From Mars (Bally – 1995) G5K

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Rawd
    Participant
      @rawd

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-attack-from-mars-bally-1995-g5k/

UPDATE  (v1.2.3)  VR ROOM version of G5K, DJROBX, and TOM TOWERS’ Attack from Mars!

Set your VR Far Plane to like 20,000!

Thanks to G5K, DJROBX, and Tom Tower for this awesome VPX version of Attack From Mars.  I have not touched the physics, graphics, or gameplay from the original authors VPX version.   I did have to change the sidewalls sizing, images, and materials to get them to display properly in VR.  The script has a lot of changes for VR, mostly all at the end of the script.

Thanks goes to..

VPX table: G5K, DJROBX, TOM TOWER

Some VR models and help from: 3RDAXIS

Space Ship animations: STEELY  (Special Thanks.  You’re crazy Steely)

Thanks always to Randy Davis, The VP development team, and Caligula for bringing us VPVR

Options:

Use Left and Right Magnasave to toggle VR Room components on or off.

Graphics options on script lines  121-125.

Enjoy!

Total of 23 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

IT’s 2:17am here so I’m going to be testing this tomorrow but man, it’s really hard not trying it right away LOL.  Congrats on the release and thanks again!  From the video you posted earlier, it looks incredible and really pushes VR in the right direction

takut
        Participant
          @takut
          MemberContributor

Looks fantastic, follow the WIP threat and was enthusiastic about the process and now to see the release is incredible. Thanks for sharing :good:

Arvid
          Participant
            @arvid84

What an amazing VR version! This will get a lot of playtime. Thanks to all involved for all the work that went into this.

waltiti
            Participant
              @waltiti

Thanks

It’s giving me a script error loop, I think it is only me, any idea? variable not defined and other errors.

waltiti

gear323
              Participant
                @gear323

Works great for me.  No issues or errors.    Thanks Rawd.

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Can’t wait to try it. Have loved following the WIP videos, etc. Looks amazing!

Rawd
                  Participant
                    @rawd

Hey guys.   A small update already.  DJRobX merged their latest version (1.21).  Aliens models were lowered and Super pops light was connected.  Thanks Rob!

waltiti – Rom issues maybe?

DJRobX
                      @djrobx
                      MemberModerator

I’m loving this VR room.  I keep losing balls because I want to look around and see where that crazy alien ship has gone lol.

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thanks

It’s giving me a script error loop, I think it is only me, any idea? variable not defined and other errors.

Try finding this line:

Dim DesktopMode: DesktopMode = AFM.ShowDT

And change it to this:

Dim DesktopMode: DesktopMode = True

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great job on this RAWD!  I can’t believe how smooth this plays even with the entire environment enabled.  I do get a little stutter, but it really doesn’t affect game play.  And thanks for the magna save option to disable the environment, easy peasy to turn off and just focus on game play.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

Hey Rawd (and Steely and G5K and all others who contributed):  Got a chance to try it out and yep, it’s a grand slam!  What an amazing job and I’m floored at SS set to 1.75 that it’s as smooth as it is.  There is a little micro stutter as Roth mentioned every now and then but it does not affect gameplay here, flippers still are snappy with zero lag and its just amazing. To top it off, to have the ability to shut off the room for more performed at a tap of a button is outstanding.  I’m amazed at how clear everything looks in my Index, a testament to G5K and the other contributors.  Steely:  the attacking saucer is an awesome addition to the game/  Thank you Raw, Steely and all who contributed.  Thank you so much.

There are some out there that still think VR is just slapping screens closer to your eyes.  What you guys are missing man…

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

Sorry if it is a stupid question but can the VR version also be used to play on a normal pincab?

I am asking as the G5k normal version of AFM is hard to find.

Thanks in advance!

TinyBlackDog
                              Participant
                                @dbknightx

I apologize in advance for the gushing praise that is about to follow…

I just finished my pinsim build recently and owned an AFM for 20 years – just sold it last December.  I am intimately familiar with what a real AFM plays like.

Last night I spent two hours playing this AMAZING VR room and I have to tell you it was 95% like playing the real machine.  G5K, djrobx and team seriously nailed the realism on this table.  So many little aspects like how the ball behaves in the area under the saucer, the way the ramps and flippers feel.  Absolutely life-like.  The only knock I would give it is more VPX VR related in that the lighting isn’t quite right (inserts and strobe in particular).  I know this is all going to improve in future iterations.  Hats off to the creators of an amazing table.

SSF made the experience even better.  The shake of the saucer and the jumping martians really felt so realistic.

Rawd:  You outdid yourself on the room.  Love the atmosphere and attention to detail.

This is the first time since I’ve discovered VPX, and more recently VPX VR, that I’ve felt that virtual pinball can actually be as good as the real thing.  Given the limitations of current VR headsets and the VPX engine we are using, that is amazing.  I’m so excited for what is to come!

Rawd
                                Participant
                                  @rawd

Rothbauerw – Thank you for the script fix above.

The table has been updated to 1.2.2.

The script error was coming up for those who have their VP video settings to “FS Always”.   (I am guessing anyone who plays VPVR on their full sized cabinets).   This has now been updated and should work under any setting.

I also removed the light reflection on the grill when the red lights go off.

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

Sorry if it is a stupid question but can the VR version also be used to play on a normal pincab?

I am asking as the G5k normal version of AFM is hard to find.

G5k shared all of his tables via a GDrive link on Visual Pinball Junkies group on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VPjunkies/permalink/403819423549414/

If you want a good laugh try running the VR version in normal VPX.    It works, if you don’t mind playing the world’s smallest AFM ever!

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

I’m an idiot, never mind lol

Rawd
                                      Participant
                                        @rawd

V 1.2.3 – Fixed collidable wire ramp heights (Thanks Walter).  Made Clear ramps more translucent and Fixed some unwanted effects from the undercab lighting (Thanks Rob).

My apologies for the quick succession of updates.   I think that’s everything now.. Should be good to go. :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Please don’t apologise. This is all free stuff and the time you put in and the quick fixes means all you need to say is “you’re welcome” from the constant thanks we are giving you :)

Rawd
                                          Participant
                                            @rawd

V 1.2.4

Fixed walls sticking out at back of cabinet.

Added Backbox warning decal.

Made plunger button bigger (correct size now).

New Speaker Grill.

Sound cue on VR room elements toggle.

Added playfield glass with DMD reflection.

Added coin sitting on the glass (It moves with analog nudge).

Press “G” To toggle playfield glass on and off (it is set to on by default).

You can change playfield glass on/off by default on line 225 of the script.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?