What is wrong with me?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    greensteel
    Participant
      @greensteel

Great tables and work you have done!  I have a request, if you take them.  I haven’t been able to find a VPX version of Bally’s Odds and Evens.  I would love to see that one if possible.

Thank you for the hard work either way!

Loserman76
      Participant
        @loserman76
        vipMemberContributor

As far as Odds & Evens, you never know :) – there is a version of Monte Carlo but the playfield and ruleset is different. I need to see if I can actually touch up the playfield to make an Odds & Evens one out of it.

And it looks like I have another table in my official build queue (sorry it’s not Odds & Evens) thanks to one of my suppliers – lol.

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

I hope some day ressources come up for Dixieland. That is one amazingly fun table for its era!

awesome to see more releases from you Loserman, thank you!!

LTA
          Participant
            @luvthatapex

Yes, Dixieland hasn’t had a release since vp8 in 2002. I used to play Dixieland alot in the early 70s at a campground. Great game. I almost bought one in 1970 but picked a Bally Trio instead.

Thank you Loserman for reigniting my interest in EMs on my vpin cab. Your games play so well.

I hope some day ressources come up for Dixieland. That is one amazingly fun table for its era!

awesome to see more releases from you Loserman, thank you!!

Jeff
            Participant
              @jayber4

I have to thank you Loserman for all your hard work and effort on all the tables you have released.  It is mind boggling how many great tables I have played and the great detail you put into your work.  Thank you so much for your passion sir.

Loserman76
              Participant
                @loserman76
                vipMemberContributor

Ok, so next in the coming soon pile is “Flipper Fair” by Gottlieb. Add A Ball machine with a backglass ball “flipper”.  It’s in the final testing stages now.

Loserman76
                Participant
                  @loserman76
                  vipMemberContributor

ok, so I’ve got a couple more tables in the build queue right now (Ship Mates is one of them). Along with that, I’m going through my entire release catalog (like 180 tables) and doing minor tweaks/updates/fixes. The other thing I’m working on is putting primitive playfields on the tables with kickers. Thanks to an awesome tutorial doc by @bord, this Blendertard can now make primitive playfields. I’ve been cranking through these now and I’m down to like 32 tables still needing the primitive playfield updates. Once I’m done with all of these, I’ll wrap up the 2 tables in my build queue to release them first and then expect a deluge of table updates (likely in phases/groups so it’s not an overwhelming amount of downloads).

-LM

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

LM, I am not gonna have time to do the plastics on hi low ace unfortunately with my job change, they are really basic and I’m sure if you as around someone would be willing to make them.  They should just be the yellow color from the playfield with spades, hearts….. on them.

Loserman76
                    Participant
                      @loserman76
                      vipMemberContributor

Seriously, I’ve got 4 wips that’ll be out soon – Ship Mates, Olympics, Hi-Lo Ace and the EM version of Pinball by Stern.

After things settle with those 4, hold onto your balls cause I’m going to be refreshing pretty much my entire catalog of tables (any tables with kickers/gobble holes play completely different with the primitive playfields added).

I figure this time I’ll sort them into groups that make sense like wedgeheads, 4 player, 2 player, Add a Balls, Italians, non-Gottlieb, etc or release based on the name (A-Z type releasing).  Honestly, I’ve seriously considered just posting them to a mega drive or just flat out sharing my Google drive where I keep them, but due to the less than desirables out there that create torrents, CDs and machines with all of our work on them it’s highly unlikely that will come to be (sorry – not going to be an easy update to process).

-LM

6 users thanked author for this post.
                      Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I wouldn’t do that LM, you said it best, the undesirables will come out and take advantage of that.

I would gladly spend the time to download your tables, a fraction of time compared to the countless hours you put into this hobby for us. :good:

Loserman76
                        Participant
                          @loserman76
                          vipMemberContributor

Ok, with Hi-Lo Ace out, that is (currently) the last table that was in my build queue. Still deciding how I am going to release the updates to 170+ tables in my catalog. Game theme, alphabetical, year of release, # of players, etc. there’s a lot of possibilities. I just don’t want to overwhelm folks again like Christmas a few years ago.

-LM

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

Haha. That was a fun Christmas.

Would love to see something chronological, honestly. Maybe single or five year packs by manufacturer.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

Overwhelm?  Your amazing Gottlieb-release happened while I was yet still figuring out what VP was all about.  I had NO idea I would find interest in EM’s here, let alone someone with the mission to preserve their history. …and bring them all to life!  I think the library you’ve created is the most unique thing I’ve seen in this virtual world.  Please keep overwhelming.

Loserman76
                              Participant
                                @loserman76
                                vipMemberContributor

I guess the thought of an empty build queue just isn’t my thing….

So thanks to permission from Bodydump, I have 3 of his VP9 EMs that I’m in the process of VPX’ing (2 are ones I know he released and the 3rd one I don’t recall ever seeing it mentioned or released anywhere). He had a 4th one but Scottacus has a WIP for it so I’ll leave that one be for now.

Then I’ve got 3 other EMs that are converts of PBecker tables that are in various stages of completion.  As long as he lets me, I may go after a few others of his as he’s got quite a impressive VP9 catalog of tables.

And I haven’t forgot about the onslaught of old tables needing refreshed. There’s a lot going on since quite a few don’t have DOF, there is an effort underway to get that cared for too.

-LM

Scotty VH
                                  @scottt
                                  ModeratorMember

I’m wondering if someone can provide a good, reusable VR room.  I’m not sure how the whole VR process works, but it would be awesome to have the full LM library in VR!

bord
                                    @bord

Looking forward to it, @loserman76.

I have some new meshes for late 50s/60s posts that are are properly to scale if you’re interested in them. I could bake some ambient occlusion into them to provide a little depth. LMK.

Basically these for under plastics and also the slightly shorter version free-standing ones.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/3A-6001-R

Loserman76
                                    Participant
                                      @loserman76
                                      vipMemberContributor

yes, please. I’ve got a bunch of tables that could use those instead of the one I am using currently.

Loserman76
                                      Participant
                                        @loserman76
                                        vipMemberContributor

One table that comes up a lot in discussions of my WIPs is Dixieland. If someone is up for doing a redraw of the playfield and the plastics, I think your best source images can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-bally-1968-a-restoration-journey

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

One table that comes up a lot in discussions of my WIPs is Dixieland. If someone is up for doing a redraw of the playfield and the plastics, I think your best source images can be found here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dixieland-bally-1968-a-restoration-journey

It is I who has been a whiny brat wanting this one redone.  Thank you for considering it.

As for the Christmas gold rush from a couple years ago, I don’t think anyone complained!  I do wish there was a way for you to update all the tables without having to individually up them one at a time.  have you thought of contacting the site admins to see if there is a way they could maybe just copy/replace your existing files?  Could save you a heap of trouble.  I don’t mind waiting myself, just offering an alternate idea that saves you work and makes that Randr get off his derriere. :)

bord
                                            @bord

yes, please. I’ve got a bunch of tables that could use those instead of the one I am using currently.

Done. Hope they are helpful to you: https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=194241

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?