The Getaway: High Speed II (Williams 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    ganjafarmer
    Participant
      @ganjafarmer

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-getaway-high-speed-ii-williams-1992/

*** v1.04 UPDATE ***

Credits:

Uses cFastFlips by nFozzy

Build with VPX 10.4 beta

Backglass file included

Enjoy and remember, winners don’t drive drunk.

Big thanks for help to flupper1

flupper1 – supercharger, sc ramps, bumper caps, EE, flipper prims and shadows, playfield shadows

32assassin – stripped VP9 table, script edit

ganjafarmer – 2d graphics, physics, lighting, some simple prims

nFozzy – fast flips script, physics

bassgeige – backglass

Enjoy.

Total of 67 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Amazing looking build!

Thanks! Will try this out tonight :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Sven34
        Participant
          @sven34

Thanks ganjafarmer for The Getaway  :yahoo:

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

God damn, its released !! Thank you so much Ganjafarmer. Love your previous releases so I’ve been looking forward to this for what feels forever. Maybe a special thank you to Flupper who came to the rescue when you felt a bit frustrated.

Very happy to see that this table finally on VPX.

Thank you 32assassins for all the code work you do all over. nFozzy for fastFlip and last but not least Bassgeige for this and a range of other backglasses.

Cab … here I come.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Holy shit balls! It’s here and looks stunning.

I know this table already had some cool lighting for MX leds….just wondering if more can be done.  I REALLY want to have an MX led tachometer to match the center playfield lights for when you use the flipper to Rev it up. Love that!…..but i don’t know if I can have it controlled.

Maybe make it so that only when the plunger-lane switch is held down, then have those lights create effects…..  ahhhh but I still have to finish Mad Scientist MX leds…. and I’m on call for work… and Destiny 2 came out today…. lucky I gave my son my code…so he’ll help keep me away from it for a while.   :)

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

Is there a good Pinsound mod for this?  Love the nicer quality music in the FP version.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

It must be Pinball-Season or something. Did you all realize which great tables we got lately (from all sites). We are so lucky!

And this is another great one, it looks awesome and I am looking forward to try it out tonight. Thanks to every single one involved.
                  Edit:  You guys nailed it – awesome – I need a beer now.  cheers

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Is there a good Pinsound mod for this? Love the nicer quality music in the FP version.

Tantrum has 7 sound mixes that you can choose from. PinSound community forums.

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Beautiful.

Slydog43
                      Participant
                        @slydog43

Thanks for the pinsound tip, I never got around to using the pinsound option in VPinMAME, wow awesome.  So easy and so much customization available.

Anyway great table, but after playing 3 games I have seen some strange ball movements.  I seem to read that too much ball spin does this.  One spot on the table that does it is around the right flipper (must be something strange there).  Also happens sometimes around the lower right 3 targets.  Ball seems to take strange turns.

Great table though, just throwing some things out.  I’m going to look but I really don’t know what I’m doing with physics

Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

Stephen,

You can always try exporting physics from a table you like (see options pane), and reimporting them into another table. Doesn’t always give instantly perfect results, but it may be worth a shot.

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Table looks so amazing! Thanks flupper, 32a, ganja, bassgeige, and nfozzy. Can’t wait to be done with work today.

nFozzy
                            Participant
                              @nfozzy

Some physics feedback:

Object friction  – Should be looked at, some values are really low. Inlanes are both at 0 which is causing glitchy ballspin behavior.

Flipper settings – EOStorque and EOSangle are unset, but they’re important values. The flippers are at 0 strength at full rotation and glitching. EOSangle’s default 6 is fine. EOStorque multiplies flipper strength when the flipper is at the end of rotation, so it should generally be lower than your strength – but 2000 strength is quite low for this era of game. If EOStorque*strength is below ~2200, the flippers are very floppy and will deaden ball momentum, and there’s not really any good way around that without using higher flipper strengths.

Gravity / Slope –  From what I’ve tested, Gravity has an identical effect as slope but with an increased effect on ramps. 0.97 gravity is ‘correct’, but there’s nothing wrong with using higher gravity values. But 6.5 slope + high gravity is going to be suuper steep.

For a fast playing table I recommend reducing the slope down to around ~6.2-6.4 and increasing flipper strength to 3100 / eostorque 0.7. That should pretty accurately replicate the slope (and speed!) of a modern machine.

6 users thanked author for this post.
                              takut
                              Participant
                                @takut
                                MemberContributor

This is one of my favorite real pinball machines. A big thanks to all involved people that create this great table. And of course, thanks for sharing this great table. Looks amazing :good:

ganjafarmer
                                Participant
                                  @ganjafarmer

Thanks nFozzy, i’ll upload new physics later today.

Had no idea how EOS is working, now i know. Thanks.

edit: v1.02 updated physics

DJRobX
                                    @djrobx
                                    MemberModerator

Thanks for those clear descriptions of how those parameters work, nFozzy!  Very helpful!   I’ve ran into the “ramps feel too steep” problem a number of times and didn’t know how to fix it, seems the gravity what was I was looking for.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

GREAT HIGH SPEED here in Austria today … :good:

All Traffic Tickets to ganja, flupper, 32assassin, nFozzy and Bassgeige :mail:

Attachments:
                                      The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

I must say, what an amazing release.  The light show, the build quality, the flow, everything is top notch.  It certainly is making me want to get a 4K screen sooner rather than later, just to appreciate what you authors put together.

IMHO the flipper control is much improved in this release.  If I am to look at this release with a critical eye at an early stage (ie: too few games played), it would be to say the outlanes may need to be adjusted to be more difficult. I’ve had 3 superb high scoring games in a row and I rarely lose the ball on either outlanes.  Please don’t think anything needs adjusting yet, many more games need to be played but something to discuss as a group and really, we are talking about an adjustement, nothing more!

Now I’m saying it and you can bet the next 3 games will probably be very short LOL  Anyway, this is one thing I’m liking so much with VP10 is that the games tend to be harder than their VP9/PM5 counterparts because we tend to have more “close misses” and now that every object/material has physics properties, the balls are more unpredictable compared to old VP, in a good way, games tend to be tougher. IMHO anyway

What a job, to the top of the playlist this release goes!  Congrats again.

TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

Amazing.

Mark70
                                          Participant
                                            @mark70

excellent update!  :good:   Thanks again.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?