Alien Star (Gottlieb 1984)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I was playing this last night and really love the overall look of this build. Something about it but looks great/real

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

Sorry for all the updates.  Just put up 0.93 which mainly changes the fade on the ALIEN inserts so you can see them blink better, also included my wheel in the download.

2 users thanked author for this post.
        rothbauerw
          @rothbauerw
          ModeratorContributorMembervip

I can play this table update game.  Need to figure out another update for Pinball Magic to keep it at the top of the list!  B-)

Where’s quality control anyways.  We should both be locked up!  :yes:

Thanks for the table and the wheel.  Top notch quality for a few days work.  Can’t beat that!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

lol, and already working on the next update…

we’re just trying to up the quality!

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

wheel looks awesome on my popper bar….

vp_test

Attachments:
              BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

just put up 0.95 which I think will be my last update unless I get some better playfield and plastics resources (I have feelers out to buy the real machine, but hard to find).

• hauntfreaks fine tuned my S.T.A.R. insert  PMRâ„¢ (poor man’s reflections – can’t afford full 3d model for reflections or lighting) and some of the metal wall graphics associated with them
                • updated a bit more playfield graphics
                • changed out a few minor primitives with slightly more accurate ones (bonus points if you can tell me which ones)
                • upped the vol on the ball rolling and impact sounds slightly (thnx for the suggestion kds70 even though I still didn’t go as loud as you like)
                • went through a bunch of the objects and made sure they were in the right collection and had hit event enabled so the above sounds would actually sound

I think that’s it, glad you all are enjoying it

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Rajo Joey
                Participant
                  @joey2001

Fabulous to play. I love this table. :good:

Two things I noticed. I don’t get an extra-ball. Three times the R and the Extra-Ball is lit but the rollover don’t give it to me. Missed I something? Or is it a bug.

And sometimes if the blue LED shows 10.000 points, the spinner gives me 1.000. But here I’m not really sure. I have to concentrate on the ball. :whistle:

But thanks for this fantastic table. :yahoo:

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

A really great Table for Highscore Hunting :)

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

Thanks for the updates! The wheel is also looking great.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

Fabulous to play. I love this table. :good:

Two things I noticed. I don’t get an extra-ball. Three times the R and the Extra-Ball is lit but the rollover don’t give it to me. Missed I something? Or is it a bug.

And sometimes if the blue LED shows 10.000 points, the spinner gives me 1.000. But here I’m not really sure. I have to concentrate on the ball. :whistle:

But thanks for this fantastic table. :yahoo:

Press F6 and make sure it is set for extra ball, there are a couple settings but I think it’s possible to set it so it doesnt. I know I have gotten an extra ball a few times so it does work.  On the spinner it is a quick light and I think there may be some lag in the emulation, where if there is a lot going on the lights don’t seem to all update quickly. The table does have Roth’s ball control script so it’s easy to get the extra ball stuff.

edit:  ok, I just read through the manual and checked the extra ball settings and I don’t see where any of them would actually disable getting an extra ball, the two dip switches just add more ways to get an extra ball (special and replay score).  I did play test and it did give me an extra ball and light the shoot again when expected, so I don’t know what could have happened, maybe a bug  :unsure:  

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

I’ve had more than a few extra balls too, and the light for the spinner. It doesn’t stay there very long. I expect that it just had turned itself off if given only 1k.

N3roflint
                          Participant
                            @n3roflint

Extra ball is working for me as well. When the spinner is going there is lag as Borgdog says but it catches up to itself.

Rajo Joey
                            Participant
                              @joey2001

You’re right. “Playfield Special” was set to replay. I set it to extraball and now it works. :whistle:

And also the 10.000 points. Everything is fine. :good:   :good:   :good:

kds70
                              Participant
                                @kds70

@Borgdog:

the apron game notice on the right isn´t shown if game mode (with F6) is set to “replay”

If set to extra ball it works correctly; maybe simply the pictures aren´t existing which are called in script.

Btw it´s a very very nice table, pur fun and highscore hunting. thx for your work :yahoo:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

oops, looks like I got a little overzealous cleaning up unused images.

version 0.96 just posted with the images added back, also has a couple other minor graphical changes

and thanks  :good:

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  Ark Malmeida
                                  Participant
                                    @arkmalmeida

If someone was willing to ask around to take some photos, pinballmap.com says that Alien Star is on location at the following arcades in the US:

Mystic Pinball in Montague, MA. Vpinball.com member Ark Malmeida may be near there.

Portal Pinball Arcade in Kennesaw, GA. Vpinball.com members mountainman, jagger73, WED21, and SunDevilmay be near there.

Press Play in Boulder, CO. Vpinball.com member Dubay’s Arcayde may be near there.

I’m pretty friendly with the owner at Mystic Pinball so I might be able to get some photos.  I’m completely clueless when it comes to how to take them though.  Any tips?

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

The only real way to get decent photos is to take the glass off and even then it can be tough depending on the lighting.  Basically as high resolution as you can get from straight above with the machine turned off.  Plastics would be the best to get that way.  to do much more of the playfield would entail stripping the topside off (plastics, posts, bumpers etc) to get a clear view, and I don’t expect that will happen :)

Thanks for the offer, if it doesn’t work out, that’s cool, the table turned out pretty decent (I think) with what I could find.

senseless
                                      Participant
                                        @senseless

Great table and soooo much fun! Thanks BorgDog :).

Question: out of the two times I had multiball the ball directly exits via the left outlane. Anyone else experience this?

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

that kicker will do that, and does sometimes on the real ones also in all the videos I’ve seen as well.  some timely nudging will help with that.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

Oh. I have had many cases where it drains. It is not like it happens all the time and like Dan says, nudging gives you even a higher odds to prevent it. I would really hate it if it didn’t do that. Just makes it much more fun and stressful when you finally manage to get the 5x with mb, and you’re playing for really big score in the spinner. The sound when you hit it with 5x so rewarding. Sounds like the machine don’t want to give it to you but the score board goes wild. B-)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?