America’s Most Haunted

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

It looks like he’s missing scripts, it doesn’t need b2s at all

Punch it!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I agree that this is one way to get around the “problem”. On my desktop machine I have db2s server registered and in fact I normally run the tables in a window instead of full screen and have a db2s on the right side on its own. My desktop machine is mostly used to tinker with stuff on, so having all options is a good thing. What I’ve always wondered about though is if there could be any benefits to not having db2s server installed at all vs disabled performance wise ?! It might very well be your best choice, to install the db2s like @djlunchbox suggests so you have the option he mentions available in the long run.

GlueSniffinEd
        Participant
          @gluesniffined

@thalamus: Thank you very much!

Desktop user here, no issues at all.

I installed all components one at a time without the all-in-one installer a lot of people are using.

VPinballx5 minimal, then upgraded to 10.6 beta. VPinmame 3.2 beta, registered the COM objects and tested.  Unzipped scripts to the proper folders, added my samples and Bally nvram stuff then installed standard UltraDMD via msi from here: https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/documentation/

I then followed the instructions for file placement on the included instructions and bypassed everything about xdmd; it appears to be working from the UltraDMD msi install referenced above.

The only glitch I noticed is that if the ball goes into the chute on the right (labeled photo hunt, army ghost, bar ghost, spirit guide) and if you touch nothing, it will perpetually bounce off your flipper on ejection and go right back into the chute.

System specs if it matters: Windows 10 Pro (Free OEM Dell box from work, we have a company that comes out and on-site shreds hundreds to thousands a year from corporate acquisitions) 16GB RAM, Core 15, GeForce GTX 1050Ti.  I had to pay for the extra RAM and GeForce card :-)

EDIT: I don’t have db2s installed.

Ecktown
          Participant
            @ecktown

@djlunchbox: Thank you! That worked. The DMD opens automatically and I will be able to play the table now :-)

Thanks also to everyone else for helping me with this one. This is very much appreciated :-)

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

Has anyone else noticed the Spirit Guide animation running twice on the DMD every time it occurs since the last update?  I am getting this…  any suggestions?

Gwen
              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

l0g0n
              Participant
                @l0g0n

I am working through the installation instructions and when I go to download XDMD, there is no compiled versions there anymore.  Any suggestions?

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

https://ultradmd.wordpress.com/download/

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

I recommend that you use the one-in-all installer. Overwriting should not be a problem. Ok, if you have installed the 10.6 beta it kind of is. But, to get there all you need is to extract that one over the install and you’re done.

Oldschool4
                    Participant
                      @oldschool4

Yep i get the spirit guide animation running twice,not sure whats going on with that?? :wacko:

rgarriott
                      Participant
                        @rgarriott

yes sir, within the month.  everything works but dof.  is there a setting in the script that needs changed

Hey Tom,

Just wondering if you ever got your DOF working cause Im having the same issue.

And if anyone else may have the fix Id love to hear it. My DOF version is 2976 and i did check to make sure it was on the list, the last version update for AMH was 1857.

Thanks

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator

If you right click the backglass the plugINS are checked?

rgarriott
                          Participant
                            @rgarriott

Yep, checked that. I even went to another table just to make sure it was working.

rgarriott
                            Participant
                              @rgarriott

Im using HFs updated version,  not sure if anything changed with the DOF from the original to the current HF version.Thanks for any help.

outhere
                                @outhere

Can you post a link to that version

rgarriott
                                Participant
                                  @rgarriott

since Fren got the  physical fixes done…I thought I would do thru and work on the GI lights and the materials that need updating…    also added the ball shadow and flipper shadows…. redid the POV
                                  feel free continue working on this one using it as the new base…. I’ve seen guys using f6 style menus for the to setup up the position and size of the ultra dmd…. it also needs the modern controller vbs setup yo alto load the b2s…

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jyht0nay8jPQ_Z1jcKqd8lhA7xoDO4W4/view

<–table link

temp6-2

Attachments:
                                  outhere
                                    @outhere

That’s the same version I’m running and works fine so I download the game just now and put it on the cab and the DOF works

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    rgarriott
                                    Participant
                                      @rgarriott

Ill redownload and try it again. Thanks for taking a look for me.

rgarriott
                                      Participant
                                        @rgarriott

I deleted everything and downloaded again with no luck. :unsure: :unsure:

There is a B2S/DOF section in the code but am not familiar with its layout.

outhere
                                          @outhere

Try re-downloading the files from a the DOF website

hotdogh2o
                                          Participant
                                            @hotdogh2o

updated to this version of the table and certian events pause for like 15 seconds? Like spirit guide hole, when you hit a ball in there it stays in there for like 15 seconds? Then when you lose your ball down the middle, it does the ending music and then 10 seconds later does it again??

Never have this problem with older versions of the table.

VPX 10.6 all in one installer, already had all the other components up to date.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 154 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?