Cactus Canyon VPX

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 334 total)
  • Author
    Dodger
    Participant
      @dodger1980

Thx, will try that.

Dodger
      Participant
        @dodger1980

That did it. Thx Carny.

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

thanks for 2.0 update

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Ah. Surprised to see this updated just now. In fact I played CC quite a lot yesterday, and I must have played the p-roc mod over 50 times during my x-mas holiday. Curios to see if I notice any differences. Thank for the update Ninuzzu !

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

VERY nice! a great Ninuzzu build for sure. i need to try the update  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

ttrenkner
              Participant
                @ttrenkner

Hi ninuzzu,

I recall that you helped me through a problem I was having with a previous version of your wonderful Cactus

Canyon Continued. Unfortunately, I’ve screwed up again with the new version. The installation keeps failing

during the Install P-ROC stage while registering the VP bridge. And although the installation check nevertheless

indicates everything is okay, I get a “Can’t load P-ROC” error when I try to start the table.

Just as an aside, I somehow managed to zap a games folder containing all my Future Pinball and arcade emulator

files during the process of uninstalling the old P-ROC version and trying to install the new one. Obviously, I

need help. Thanks,

Tom Trenkner

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

ninuzzu
                  Participant
                    @ninuzzu
                    vipMember

Ups, sorry, I made a mistake about the games folder in the uninstall.bat. Anyway you’ll find them in c:\p-roc\games

Move everything to c: again , just leave the cactuscanyon folder, so you have a c:\p-roc\games\cactuscanyon

Regarding the VP Bridge failure you can try this:

move it to c:\p-roc and then open a cmd prompt as administrator ( start–>all programs–>accessories and right click on the command prompt and click run as administartor). Once you are in type:

cd c:\p-roc

python registerproc.py

Micronaut
                    Participant
                      @micronaut

¡¡que maravilla!!  :yahoo:

ttrenkner
                      Participant
                        @ttrenkner

Thanks ninuzzu! That did the trick on my laptop installation. Now it’s on to my mini cab. Both of these Cactus Canyon tables are truly wonderful creations! Thank you.

Jesperpark
                        Participant
                          @jesperpark

Thanks for the update Ninuzzu, I always enjoy playing this table, looking forward to playing the updated version as well

TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

Sadly….like all other attempts I’ve made with P-ROC, I get problems with this install.

The install went fine the first time. Table loaded…but still complained about can’t load P-ROC. Table actually played though….just not sure if it was playing correctly, etc…

After that….table loads…can’t find P-Roc.

Tried the “fix”…still no luck.

Tried to uninstall….reboot…

Tried to install…now it complains about another application is using P-Roc, so it can’t completely install P-Roc…

TerryRed
                              @terryred

What i get when trying the fix….

Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
                              Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
                              Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
                              Requirement already satisfied: pygame in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
                              Requirement already satisfied: pillow in c:\python27\lib\site-packages
                              Requirement already satisfied: olefile in c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from pillow)
                              Collecting pypiwin32
                              Using cached pypiwin32-219-cp27-none-win32.whl
                              Installing collected packages: pypiwin32
                              Exception:
                              Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
                              status = self.run(options, args)
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\commands\install.py”, line 342, in run
                              prefix=options.prefix_path,
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_set.py”, line 784, in install
                              **kwargs
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_install.py”, line 851, in install
                              self.move_wheel_files(self.source_dir, root=root, prefix=prefix)
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\req\req_install.py”, line 1064, in move_wheel_files
                              isolated=self.isolated,
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\wheel.py”, line 345, in move_wheel_files
                              clobber(source, lib_dir, True)
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pip\wheel.py”, line 323, in clobber
                              shutil.copyfile(srcfile, destfile)
                              File “C:\Python27\lib\shutil.py”, line 83, in copyfile
                              with open(dst, ‘wb’) as fdst:
                              IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\\Python27\\Lib\\site-packages\\win32\\win32api.pyd’
                              Copied pythoncom27.dll to C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pythoncom27.dll
                              Copied pythoncomloader27.dll to C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pythoncomloader27.dll
                              Copied pywintypes27.dll to C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pywintypes27.dll
                              -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.7\Help[None]=None
                              -> Software\Python\PythonCore\2.7\Help\Pythonwin Reference[None]=’C:\\Python27\\Lib\\site-packages\\PyWin32.chm’
                              Pythonwin has been registered in context menu
                              Creating directory C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py
                              Shortcut for Pythonwin created
                              Shortcut to documentation created
                              The pywin32 extensions were successfully installed.
                              C:/P-ROC/Tools/register_vpcom.py:185: SyntaxWarning: import * only allowed at module level
                              def Run(self, extra_arg=None):

Complains…another process is running python

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I will be trying this over the weekend still running first version

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

I’ve released a new installer to address this issue.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Tried complete uninstall with new installer. Then a new install. Table still gives the same “Can’t Load P-Roc”.

So if I try UNINSTALL, I get this:

Unregistered: Python.Interpreter
                                    Unregistered: Python.Dictionary
                                    Unregistered: Python
                                    Unregistered Pythonwin
                                    Removed directory C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\win32com\gen_py
                                    Removed PythonWin.lnk
                                    Removed Python for Windows Documentation.lnk
                                    Removed file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pythoncom27.dll
                                    Removed file C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\pywintypes27.dll
                                    Cannot uninstall requirement pypiwin32, not installed
                                    Uninstalling pywin32-221:
                                    Successfully uninstalled pywin32-221
                                    Uninstalling opencv-python-2.4.13.2:
                                    Successfully uninstalled opencv-python-2.4.13.2
                                    Uninstalling numpy-1.11.3+mkl:
                                    Successfully uninstalled numpy-1.11.3+mkl
                                    Uninstalling Pillow-4.1.1:
                                    Successfully uninstalled Pillow-4.1.1
                                    Uninstalling pygame-1.9.3:
                                    Successfully uninstalled pygame-1.9.3

I notice “Cannot uninstall requirement pypiwin32, not installed”. I get this event after a complete fresh new install.

Any ideas? I feel bad because I know ninuzzu has put a lot of work into getting this to install easily. Sadly…on multiple different PCs…OS installs, etc…. I’ve never been able to get P-ROC to work.

Note….both my cabinet and desktop are fresh pc installs that NEVER had p-roc before. Using the installer yesterday is the first time installing p-roc on these machines.

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Wow Looks Soooo Nice!!! :yahoo: iam kinda confused about the different tables posted which one to download and Rom to use. What is CCC? Thanks appreciate the help

Cactus Canyon is the original table, made by Bally.  Cactus Canyon Continued was made using P-roc, and adds some different rules and modes to the game.  It makes the game more fun and slightly more absurd.  I love it personally, some reading if you desire

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

I fixed my issue guys.

I did another full install with the new installer….but appraently the table MUST be located on your C drive somewhere. My VPX install is on my E drive, and that’s where the table was located. Copying it to my c drive, and the table works fine…   if I would have tried this on my cabinet first (which has everything on C), i would have not seen this issue pop up.

That being said…ninuzzu helped me out with that tidbit of info. Thanks! Finally I can play this beautiful GEM!

Is it possible to play CCC on a REAL Cactus Canyon table?

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

I fixed my issue guys. I did another full install with the new installer….but appraently the table MUST be located on your C drive somewhere. My VPX install is on my E drive, and that’s where the table was located. Copying it to my c drive, and the table works fine… if I would have tried this on my cabinet first (which has everything on C), i would have not seen this issue pop up. That being said…ninuzzu helped me out with that tidbit of info. Thanks! Finally I can play this beautiful GEM! Is it possible to play CCC on a REAL Cactus Canyon table?

I believe that’s the real intent for CCC to be played on a real CC.  We’re just getting sloppy seconds :)

Jesperpark
                                          Participant
                                            @jesperpark

Yes that is why it was developed in the first place, wish I could find a CC in the wild and create a CCC.  Bet they guy who did the software and P-roc guys have their fingers crossed Cactus Canyon becomes the “next” remake by Chicago gaming

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 334 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?