Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Mindwipe
    Participant
      @mindwipe

Did you update the script with the text info included with the backglass?

I just re-downloaded the B2S Backglass server and overwrote the old files. All seems to be working again. Thanks guys.

Aurel
      Participant
        @aurel

Well…Is that the best you’ve got??? :yahoo:

Fantastic Job! this looks and plays awesome, a big THANKS to the contributers of this beauty.

During gameplay I did see 2 minor things:

1st: the 2 yellow flashers have a real strange effect. And there is a kind og yellow rectangle on the pf when it flashes.

Might be that I’m not on the very very latest Beta (stopped updating when there were severe problems) so might be my setup, will check that later.

2nd: ball stuck just behind the yellow left-of-ringmaster target. (see screenshot)

A little cab shaking could loosen it but may-be something for the next update

Again, thank you for this masterpiece!! :good:

Brilliant table!  :good:

Had the same issue with the weird dark rectangle on the playfield when yellow flashers went off. For me at least it was a POV thing. The rectangle seems to come down the playfield as inclination lowers. Inclination at 5 i could see it similar to Jopp, upped it bit by bit and by 10 and it’d gone away.

I changed the POV with inclinaison to 7 and had the same problem with yellow flasher areas.

I fixed it by simply setting the f121b, f124b, f125b, f126b RotX values to -6.375 (instead of approx -18 in layer 7).

Now it’s perfect :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Blindpeser
        Participant
          @blindpeser

Not sure if this was asked. This beauty is a true gpu and cpu killer. Just overclocked my 1080 and my 4790K to 4,7GHz and have a smooth ball now. Some multiballs are smooth as well. But when the wizard mode starts, I got massive frame drops. And when I start the party, it is almost to play the table. Are there easy tweaks to get more frames on this table? Oh, forgot, I play this table in VR and I love it.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Show us your video settings.

Ian Pretorius
            Participant
              @shaderbytes

is this only cabinet mode? or does it have a desktop version?

thanks

stampedem
              Participant
                @stampedem

Is there any way to make this default to a single player mode only? I thought that there might be an option in the table script, but I could not see one.

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Greatest pinball on Earth, Knorr. You’ve done it again! Looks and plays wonderfully. Thanks so much for the incredible gift.

anarkizt
                  Participant
                    @anarkizt

What an a amazing job you guys have done! Easily the best table I have tried yet (I’m new to VPX)! One issue I had was with the Rom. I use the 2.0h home rom. But the first versions I found did not have any sound, those Roms will be around 500KB. I then found a 2.0h Rom that was 5MB and of course that was the one with sound. Maybe this can help others googling around for sound issues.

I still have an “outline” of sorts by the flippers though, none of my other tables display this issue. Doesn’t affect gameplay, pure visual.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

Don’t describe “visual problems” when it is damn easy to pick up your phone. Take a picture and add it to the post. It is the “Mountain” icon when you are in visual mode on the right in the editor. For roms, look no further than VPU. Sometime you need more than one rom to be complete. If you miss the “mother” rom, all the smaller ones are kind of useless, but, they are correct for the latest vpm unlike most other places.

Knorr
                      Participant
                        @knorr

What an a amazing job you guys have done! Easily the best table I have tried yet (I’m new to VPX)! One issue I had was with the Rom. I use the 2.0h home rom. But the first versions I found did not have any sound, those Roms will be around 500KB. I then found a 2.0h Rom that was 5MB and of course that was the one with sound. Maybe this can help others googling around for sound issues.

I still have an “outline” of sorts by the flippers though, none of my other tables display this issue. Doesn’t affect gameplay, pure visual.

Turn off ambient occlusion on this table. The texture already have them so you don’t lose anything

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        vicioustengu
                        Participant
                          @vicioustengu

Looks amazing and plays great. Can’t seem to figure out how to get the playfield DMD to stay on unless I disable the B2S Backglass… Is it possible to have both running simultaneously?

Edit: For anyone who experiences this problem it appears that deleting and reinstalling B2SBackglassServer solves it for me.  :unsure:

Oldschool4
                          Participant
                            @oldschool4

Playfield dmd works with my pin2dmd together perfect.Ive had no issues installing files in last couple of months,i think because i read instructions 2-3 times,and it works.Cheers to the Devs, fav VP site. :good:

anarkizt
                            Participant
                              @anarkizt

Turn off ambient occlusion on this table. The texture already have them so you don’t lose anything

Thanks, that did the trick!

DJRobX
                                @djrobx

This table forced me to upgrade from my GTX960.  :)

Beautiful table and plays so well.  Great job @Knorr!

Not sure if this was asked. This beauty is a true gpu and cpu killer. Just overclocked my 1080 and my 4790K to 4,7GHz and have a smooth ball now. Some multiballs are smooth as well. But when the wizard mode starts, I got massive frame drops. And when I start the party, it is almost to play the table. Are there easy tweaks to get more frames on this table? Oh, forgot, I play this table in VR and I love it.

Not that I saw.  Up until this table I was pretty much always able to get tables working on my 960 at full 60fps.    Most of the tricks like disabling playfield reflections, setting things as static rendering, and shrinking flasher textures either were already done or would have too negative an impact on the visuals in this case.

pears that deleting and reinstalling B2SBackglassServer solves it for me.

If the playfield DMD disappears with B2S, your B2S server is WAY out of date.  I fixed that issue years ago.

crashb4
                                Participant
                                  @crashb4

Amazing.

Thank you to all involved. Your hard work and talents are appreciated by all.

Ben Logan2
                                  Participant
                                    @benlogan2

Had great results on my lowly GTX750TI until installing latest 10.6 beta. Now table freezes upon loading. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Ben. I think it is time to consider a gpu upgrade for you. Rob posted that he upgraded from 970 and you’re on 750. It will only get worse as time goes by. You could of course just download a standalone 10.5xx and used that  for this table, if you mean that 10.6 is the culprit. Reduce texture details etc to the lowest values possible. In the newest 10.6 you have the use minimal button. But, make a note of the settings you have before using it. Then after pressing it, slowly “add features” until it becomes a problem and then you know where the limit of you setup lies.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr

Had great results on my lowly GTX750TI until installing latest 10.6 beta. Now table freezes upon loading. Anyone have a suggestion?

you sure you updated all scripts too with 10.6 update? I wouldn’t think table would freeze up without error due to system specs? You should at least get error

********************************************************
                                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                        for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
                                        Participant
                                          @benlogan2

Thanks Thalamus and Randr. I did indeed update all scripts. Thalamus is probably right. GTX 750ti has served me super well, but it’s time for an upgrade. We just bought a sixth pinball machine today, so I’ll have to save up!

tabascoman77
                                          Participant
                                            @tabascoman77

Beautiful table. Absolutely gorgeous.

I had only had a couple issues:

1) The “three or four balls in the plunger” issue. It’s random. I have no idea why.

2) Every single shot off the plunger hits the left ramp, then head STDM and drains — unless you get lucky on the nudge and save the ball. Should this be happening every single time?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 261 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?