Cirqus Voltaire (Bally 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 261 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

1) Rename the nvram you’ve got for this table so you start off clean.

2) If you plunge exactly the same each time, like, lets say max and there is no randomness to the plunger, and you hit something that also have no randomness. You will most probably see the same thing happening over and over. Either, don’t plunge exactly the same each time or add randomness to the objects you are hitting or the plunger. Several other factors to prevent this. And I’m sure the table has implemented those since it doesn’t happen for me. Maybe exaggerating a bit, aren’t you ?

tabascoman77
      Participant
        @tabascoman77

I have no reason to exaggerate anything. Thalamus, I’m asking a simple question and you need not be combative.

If you’d like me to take a video of each and every plunge, I will. I just did it again. Each plunge (max) hits the left ramp and then heads down the middle of the table.

The only way to stop a drain is to nudge the table so you can catch the edge of the ball with a flipper.

If I do a weaker plunge, it doesn’t occur — HOWEVER, I can’t always get the ball out of the plunge lane to pull it off so I have to perfectly time the weaker plunge.

I don’t know what to tell you. Just to prove I’m not nuts, I used two other versions of this table: Hannibal’s and Pinball Arcade’s. Neither of those versions has that issue except this one.

tabascoman77
        Participant
          @tabascoman77

I just adjusted the table slightly so it won’t drain. It hits the edge of the right flipper instead. That’s good enough for me.

Again, thanks for the table, Knorr.

Modano1st
          Participant
            @modano1st

This is an amazing looking table. I am unable to play it currently. Every time I start it the flippers immediately get stuck in the up position. I have deleted the nvram, replaced the b2s, used the cv_20h, _20hc, and cv_13  No matter what the same thing happens. I really do like the new b2s backglass that I placed on the table. Anyone have any more suggestions?

Drybonz
            Participant
              @drybonz

It’s in the installation notes for the table… update pinmame.

Modano1st
              Participant
                @modano1st

I update pinmame today to 2.8. I’ll check to see if there is a newer version. Thanks.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Yeah, it’s up to like 3.2 or 3.3… if you look at the downloads section at the other site it says 2.7, which is super outdated.  You have to search the forum for the pinmame or pinmame beta thread for the latest one.  Nothing ever gets updated at the VPF site, so check the forums.

*edit*  It looks like it needs updated at this site as well.

Modano1st
                  Participant
                    @modano1st

Excellent thank you, I just found 3.2, looking for higher.

StishStash
                    Participant
                      @stishstash

I updated visual pinball to 10.6 and pinmame to 3.2 and the flippers are still getting stuck :(

rothbauerw
                        @rothbauerw
                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Most likely you have stray scripts on your system or the scripts didn’t update properly. Double check the scripts in the scripts folder to make sure they are the latest.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

outhere
                          @outhere
                          MemberContributorvipModerator
                          Gasoman
                          Participant
                            @gasoman

the b2s do not start, what can i do?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

@gasoman : Probably been discussed already in this thread – https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/cirqus-voltaire-bally-1997/page/5/#post-125589

Of course, depends on what db2s you are trying to get to run.

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Hi Guys,

finaly i was happy to get a better GPU ( GTX 750 > GTX 1050 Ti ), and thought it would be fine for all now;
                                i only use a 2 Screen System …

Only here i have Troubles ( i remember also at Funhouse ), when the Flashers starts … have extreme Ball Stutters for 1-2 Sec. .. :unsure:
                                Only there, beside that – Table plays awesome ! :heart:

From what i remember, i also had it at “Hurricane” but there was a Flasher Disable Option in Script, and solved that for me … :scratch:

Someone have the same System as me, and no Troubles ?

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw
                                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Hi Guys,

finaly i was happy to get a better GPU ( GTX 750 > GTX 1050 Ti ), and thought it would be fine for all now;

Only here i have Troubles ( i remember also at Funhouse ), when the Flashers starts … have extreme Ball Stutters for 1-2 Sec. .. :unsure:

From what i remember, i also had it at “Hurricane” but there was a Flasher Disable Option in Script, and solved that for me … :scratch:

If you’re running windows 10, make sure to disable real-time security. I had stutter on every table with modulated flashers before I permanently disabled it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  STAT
                                  Participant
                                    @stefanaustria
                                    MemberContributor

@rothbauerw, you are right – i disabled all the Stuff – all is fine now :good:
                                    i remember, i have read about that, but didn’t noticed about that “Benefit” :-)

THANK YOU :rose:

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Another Question: which directb2s you Guys are use ?
                                      Script Change is also needed ? I only can find additional Script at Bassgeiges B2S but there are only “DOF” Commands … :unsure:
                                      Also have read About Dozers “old” directb2s …

@clarkkent
                                      @Knorr you ever released your “new” directb2s ?

Knorr
                                      Participant
                                        @knorr
                                        vipContributor

Another Question: which directb2s you Guys are use ?
                                        Script Change is also needed ? I only can find additional Script at Bassgeiges B2S but there are only “DOF” Commands … :unsure:
                                        Also have read About Dozers “old” directb2s …

@clarkkent
                                        @Knorr you ever released your “new” directb2s ?

i still use a old one… but i´m lazy…

did you tried the one from bassgeige?

Knorr
                                        Participant
                                          @knorr
                                          vipContributor

Hi Guys,

If you’re running windows 10, make sure to disable real-time security. I had stutter on every table with modulated flashers before I permanently disabled it.

@killa7977

killa7977
                                          Participant
                                            @killa7977

Thanks Knorr for not forget about me mate. I really appreciate. @stat what do you exactly mean by disabling Windows security? Can you give me an example please? I already have real time virus protection disabled … There is more?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 261 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?