Clue (2018 Original PuP Edition)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    fusionwerks
    Participant
      @fusionwerks

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/clue-2018-original-pup-edition/

This is my first VPX table. There was an agreement between me and my wife… I get to build a cab, and in return i had to build her an original table based on her all time favorite movie. Of course it was “Clue”. We both grew up with it, and it has also become a cult classic. Of course now, since Hollywood has run out of original ideas, they are planning to remake this movie with the Deadpool director, and star Ryan Reynolds. So i figured that it needed to be done before that happened and i got asked by some teenager that has never seen the original why i based the table on the “old movie” LOL

Anyway, go easy on me. It’s my first table. I had JP, and many other “heavy hitters” in my corner helping me out, but I’m sure there are a few unorthodox ways of doing things that someone will wonder about, but hey, I like it, My wife likes it… promise fulfilled…

And i hope you all like it too. Real life stuff has come up for me, and there is a very real possibility that I will not be around for a while (maybe shorter with good behavior..wink) to help with any support topics, so i hope you can figure it out. There has been a TON of testing and tweaking to try to make it work correctly the first time. That being said, I hope that everyone will find it enjoyable, and make any personal adjustments as needed, but would appreciate no public modifications.

There are numerous options at the top of the script.

JP Salas

Nailbuster

Arngrim

Flupper

ScottyWic

RoccoDiMarco

Thalamus

Xenonph

Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

You get thanks for three things:

1 – That intro paragraph had me laughing because of how true that is

2 – I remember seeing that movie at a drive-in sitting in the back of my dad’s old station wagon.  Fun times.

3 – Appreciation for anyone who contributes to our hobby, putting forth their personal time and effort, all for zero financial gain.

Thanks!

3 users thanked author for this post.
        fusionwerks
        Participant
          @fusionwerks

@theLoafer.. if you like the movie, you will like the table. Full of the best moments in PuP

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I would really hate to see you inactive for reasons you mention or anything else. Really a great table you’ve made here. Full of original ideas and proper rules ( took me some rounds to understand what I was expected to do ) and it not only looks beautiful, it plays great too. I’m not the biggest fan of originals but, recently there has been some very good ones. Yours is definitely among those. I commend you for the way you tell the story using the videos. They are put there for a clear reason. Not only to show a movie. I don’t have time seeing movies while playing. Seeing pup packs larger than 2G is just ridiculous. A DVD movie is lasting 1.5 hours plus, is approx 4G.

Thank you so much for this great table @fusionwerks !

1 user thanked author for this post.
            The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

It’s been so long it will be like seeing it again for the first time. I used to enjoy those Neil Simon type movies … holy, I know I saw Clue before but seeing pics of the movie indicated I was mixing up the drive-in with “Murder by Death”, similar type of movie.  Anyway Clue was well done too, I’d forgotten who Professor Plumb was lol

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

WOW what a great original build. APPROVED and hope you do another soon. Very cool

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

roccodimarco
                Participant
                  @roccodimarco

Oh man!   I can’t wait to hear my voice over work and play the game!

fusionwerks
                  Participant
                    @fusionwerks

Oh man! I can’t wait to hear my voice over work and play the game!

couldn’t have finished it without you!

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Cool, I love it when community members help out with voice work!  We end up getting some nice pearls along the way and it’s another way for us members to contribute!

9pm can’t come soon enough :)

fusionwerks
                      Participant
                        @fusionwerks

Cool, I love it when community members help out with voice work! We end up getting some nice pearls along the way and it’s another way for us members to contribute!

i agree. Ask anyone on that thank you list what an annoyance i have been. Rocco helped me tremendously, cause i needed callouts, but cant stand the sound of my own voice… And he has that DJ voice ;) Maybe he will give his blessing to use them on other tables since they are all standard callouts with the exception of a few table specific.

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

Cool, I love it when community members help out with voice work! We end up getting some nice pearls along the way and it’s another way for us members to contribute!

i agree. Ask anyone on that thank you list what an annoyance i have been. Rocco helped me tremendously, cause i needed callouts, but cant stand the sound of my own voice… And he has that DJ voice ;) Maybe he will give his blessing to use them on other tables since they are all standard callouts with the exception of a few table specific.

Go for it.  I’m a radio dj so I have all the tools to record at my disposal, so it’s easy for me to record and send.  So if anyone ever needs any help with voice work let me know.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

With laylow gone can somebody do a damn video playing it please!

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

fusionwerks
                            Participant
                              @fusionwerks

With laylow gone can somebody do a damn video playing it please!

ive never done it, but i might try if anyone thinks it would be helpful?

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

It’s helpful for people to see it while playing for sure!

for IOS and Android

tommygavinrocks
                                Participant
                                  @tommygavinrocks

Fantastic idea and execution!

I enjoy this movie more now than I did as a teenager haha.

Thank you

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

wow what a fantastic game.  You know you are playing something fun when you get a nice smile during the entire game.  I did get a crash back to the desktop though (not a PUP crash that worked the entire time :) ).  The crash occurred while I was I think attempting to kill Mrs White (or as Mrs White) but then I locked the ball for the mystery award then boom, crashed out of VP.

Still super fun, there’s obviously a lot of work put into this, anyone playing this can tell.  It doesn’t have flashy playfield graphics but it lends itself well to the board game look.  Really superb!

fusionwerks
                                    Participant
                                      @fusionwerks

[/quote

wow what a fantastic game. You know you are playing something fun when you get a nice smile during the entire game. I did get a crash back to the desktop though (not a PUP crash that worked the entire time :) ). The crash occurred while I was I think attempting to kill Mrs White (or as Mrs White) but then I locked the ball for the mystery award then boom, crashed out of VP.

Still super fun, there’s obviously a lot of work put into this, anyone playing this can tell. It doesn’t have flashy playfield graphics but it lends itself well to the board game look. Really superb!

Thank you for the compliments. I unfortunately dont know what the reason was for the crash. Does it do it with any other characters? With the exception of Mr Green (who is mode 7 of 7) they are all selected at random, and are all coded the same. So, if it is specific to Ms White, i may be able to find it, if not then i may be at a loss.

The table was meant to look like the inside of the mansion from the movie, with the parquet wood floors, and the marble entry way by the flippers. The secret passage from the kitchen to the hall through the fireplace.. etc.

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

I’ll play it a bit later and will let ytiu know if I come across the crash again.

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

edited original message because it had nothing to do with this awesome Clue pinball game

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

edited original message: the sequel because I’m a dolt!

Still great game man, Clue for the win! :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 96 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?