Freddy, A Nightmare on Elmstreet – [Dark’s MOD]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Dark
      @dark
      vipMemberContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/freddy-a-nightmare-on-elmstreet-darks-mod/

Freddy A Nightmare on Elmstreet (Gottlieb 1994)

Credits:

Original VPX table by jipeji16 and noted previous contributors are: JPJ – Team PP – Arngrim – Unclewilly – Grizz – Hassenchop – Hauntfreaks

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/freddy-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-gottlieb-1994/

Dark’s MOD:

What’s new?

-New 3D plastic ramp + 3D pre-rendered texture.

-Mostly new Wire ramp (I kept some parts of the old one).

-Re-worked lighting for Freddy + re-worked materials for Freddy.

-VP ramps adjusted a bit to closer match photos I had, also wire ramp friction increased a bit to slow travel time to a more realistic speed.

-New ball image/lighting

-adjusted POV to match new plastic ramp texture

-adjusted Freddy ‘Glove hand’ slightly.

Notes:

Do NOT adjust the pov unless you really feel you must, the POV is optimized for the 3d pre-rendered texture of the plastic ramp.  Feel free to adjust if you must but be aware it will start to throw off the look of the ramp.

IF YOU WANT GOLD WIRE RAMPS:

In the VP editor select the wire ramp, change it’s material from “Metal Wire JP1” to “Metal Wire JP1-GOLD”.

Most photos of the table I have feature a golden-like Wire ramps, though personally I prefer the standard chrome/silver, so I leave the option to you.

Note that this version/mod was made for cabinet users, so I haven’t even tried DT version.  I found that I could get a higher level of lighting/detail on Freddy using a metal material, so he might look weird from a DT perspective – if he does just un-check metal in his material – I think it should be okay though.  Lighting and pre-rendered texture on plastic ramp will not be optimized for DT perspective – sorry.

This is pretty much just a visual update,  I thought this table was fairly well done but could benefit from my own personal touch.  It pretty much just started with me adjusting stuff for Freddy to try to get him to look a bit closer to how I had imagined him on the table and I had no plans of modding the table for release.  However as I started to get more involved I thought with this much work involved I might as well share this mod.

Hope you like it, appreciate it, if not, there’s always the previous version to go back on or siggi’s mod! :)

That’s it folks,  just want to thank all the previous contributors and a special thanks to rothbauer for general help.

3dcreation

Total of 54 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

WOW! thanks @dark nice surprise!

I bet this will be a great mod coming from you.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

@Dark! Thanks, man. Always a treat to have something new from you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

Looks amazing, Dark and fantastic team! Thanks a bunch.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Sorry guys Dark must have edited topic or something and new forums update causes it to be “Pending approval” looking into issue but this thread is back live now.

EDIT: i may have applied a work around so if you see anymore topics or replies disappearing let me know

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

DeathInc
              Participant
                @deathincclan

Thanks Dark, It looks awesome.

TNT2
                Participant
                  @tnt2

Woah……Heavy.

Dark
                    @dark
                    vipMemberContributor

I really like the new primitive reflections in VPX, it doesn’t always work out for older built tables but for most of the newer ones it really enhances the realism.  The ramps catch really nice reflections off the ball when it goes by.  My hats off to Fuzzel and Toxie for bringing vp so far.

3dcreation

shaman
                    Participant
                      @shaman

Thank you Dark. All the ramps look great! Appreciate you hard work.

Also thanks to rothbauer, all the contributors on the previous versions and the VPX Dev Team.

sheltemke
                      Participant
                        @sheltemke

Thank you so much for this beauty :yahoo:

jipeji16
                        Participant
                          @jipeji16

Hi Dark !!!!! Very good surprise !!! Very nice update !!! For me it’s not a mod, it’s just a beautiful update !!
                          a great improvement !!!

GG !!! I love it ;)

JPJ

visualpinballfan
                          Participant
                            @johndo

looks great.  looking forward to trying it out. thanks

Dark
                              @dark
                              vipMemberContributor

looks great. looking forward to trying it out. thanks

If you played the previous version (see first post description), it pretty much plays the same, just a visual update really.

3dcreation

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

In case you missed it in the table notes, you can change the wire ramp to gold if you want by selecting the wire ramp in the vp editor and changing it’s material to the one with the same name but -GOLD on the end.

3dcreation

HiRez00
                                Participant
                                  @hirez00

Hi Dark,

I installed this into my cab and it looks great.!

One slight problem: I have  virtual plunger. When I pull the plunger all the way back and shoot the ball, it blows right through the table and lands in the background up at the top. When this happens, the machine goes crazy and starts zooming out additional balls – sometimes 2-5 at a time.

Never seen anything like this before …

I guess the easy fix is not pull the plunger back all the way. :yahoo:

Restnpieces
                                  Participant
                                    @restnpieces

DMD not showing for me :( kinda new , revived my cab just last week after a 2 year break. Is there a rom for this or something I need to change in the script? :mail:

Dark
                                      @dark
                                      vipMemberContributor

Hi Dark,

I installed this into my cab and it looks great.!

One slight problem: I have virtual plunger. When I pull the plunger all the way back and shoot the ball, it blows right through the table and lands in the background up at the top. When this happens, the machine goes crazy and starts zooming out additional balls – sometimes 2-5 at a time.

Never seen anything like this before …

I guess the easy fix is not pull the plunger back all the way. :yahoo:

I didn’t change the plunger from previous version, you can select the plunger object in the vp editor and adjust it’s variables to your liking though.

3dcreation

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

DMD not showing for me :( kinda new , revived my cab just last week after a 2 year break. Is there a rom for this or something I need to change in the script? :mail:

You have the table running?  There is a rom for this table you’ll need to run it.  (Google)  If you have the table running it could just be a focus issue, have you tried using alt+tab to see if the dmd is running in the background?

3dcreation

redrooster
                                        Participant
                                          @redrooster

I also am not getting a DMD to show up.  Previous version of this table worked fine, so I opened that just to make sure…and it’s not working.  I’m going to update to latest sambuild and such to see if that takes care of it.

*edit*  I had to erase the registry/history and reinstall the nvramm, reset ddraw to 0.  No idea why that happened, but maybe someone else will read this and have a fix if they face it.

Restnpieces
                                          Participant
                                            @restnpieces

You have the table running? There is a rom for this table you’ll need to run it. (Google) If you have the table running it could just be a focus issue, have you tried using alt+tab to see if the dmd is running in the background?

Thanks , Awesome table :) Found the rom , everything is great now :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?