Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Rombo Deadfish
    Participant
      @rombodeadfish

I just downloaded this table today and it is great! I am trying to get it to work with my pindmdv3. Everything is setup correctly as Pinup Popper plays videos through the DMD in attract mode. When I modify the table script and set it to 1 for Real DMD I get this script error.

HPError

Also when I launch it from Popper it doesn’t seem to have the focus on it as I need to click on it with the mouse to be able to play. The Diablo table does this as well. Any help in resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

I found my own solution to this:

Copy the DMDdevice.dll file into \Pinupsystem\PinupplayerVpinMame

Run the PupDMDcontrol_register batch file

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

More than likely that it indicator that Pinup Player Popper is not set up correctly

NailBuster
          @nailbuster
          ModeratorMember

NOBODY should follow this solution…..re-watch my PinUP player install video again from wiki,  there should be NO files in your PinUPPlayerVpinMame folder.  All those files should be copied into your vpinmame root folder, and register bat needs to be ran from the vpinmame folder.

also,  your error is becaue your pupdmdcontrol.exe is old,  use the pupdmdcontrol.exe from the v1.4.4 update zip file and put into your vpinmame folder.

Rombo Deadfish
          Participant
            @rombodeadfish

NOBODY should follow this solution…..re-watch my PinUP player install video again from wiki, there should be NO files in your PinUPPlayerVpinMame folder. All those files should be copied into your vpinmame root folder, and register bat needs to be ran from the vpinmame folder.

also, your error is becaue your pupdmdcontrol.exe is old, use the pupdmdcontrol.exe from the v1.4.4 update zip file and put into your vpinmame folder.

My PUPDMDControl is version 1.40.1.0.  Everything was installed on 5.19.20.  My issue was that I didn’t run the batch file to register pupdmdcontol.

Question what difference does it make where it was registered from?

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Latest version is 1.4.4. I believe some PUP packs need the latest version.

Rombo Deadfish
              Participant
                @rombodeadfish

Latest version is 1.4.4. I believe some PUP packs need the latest version.

For PUPDMDControl it is actually 1.40.4.  I guess that I forgot to move the updated file to the VpinMAME folder.  Just did it.

Thanks.

Draxonic
                Participant
                  @draxonic

I’m loving this table, the gameplay and the visual effects are great. The only things that’s driving me nuts is that the backglass display keeps on going black randomly. As far as I can determine, it looks like the PinballX Backglass display (which is set to hide) randomly pops up and displays over the Pinup displays.

I’m running the latest version of everything in a 2 screen setup with real DMD, having made the recommended modifications in the script for a Pin2DMD setup… which seems to work fine. Just the backglass going randomly black is driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Highspeedlover
                  Participant
                    @highspeedlover

The black backglass, that sounds simlilar to mine. Here the problem just happens after the minigame. I posted that some time ago, but no replies. I assume that the sound is also gone on your game? Hope that somebody (probably Nailbuster ;-)    )has a brilliant idea.

Oldschool4
                    Participant
                      @oldschool4

I’m loving this table, the gameplay and the visual effects are great. The only things that’s driving me nuts is that the backglass display keeps on going black randomly. As far as I can determine, it looks like the PinballX Backglass display (which is set to hide) randomly pops up and displays over the Pinup displays.

I’m running the latest version of everything in a 2 screen setup with real DMD, having made the recommended modifications in the script for a Pin2DMD setup… which seems to work fine. Just the backglass going randomly black is driving me nuts.

Any ideas?

Ive had this for a while also, my Pinballx backglass set to show, to show video recording in attract mode cuts in an out during gameplay,if its set to off the other cuts in an out, :scratch: Only happens with this table.

outhere
                        @outhere

Outside of pinballx it works fine?

Oldschool4
                        Participant
                          @oldschool4

Yep outside Pinballx works fine. I asked over there, was suggested check or uncheck backglass in settings,no different. :scratch:

outhere
                            @outhere

I recommend do not use admin on any pinball related software

Oldschool4
                            Participant
                              @oldschool4

Cheers outhere, ill look into it in next couple of days and report back.

Draxonic
                              Participant
                                @draxonic

Outside of pinballx it works fine?

Yes, outside of Pinballx it works perfectly.

It’s the only table in the 130 that I have configured, including 30 PUP tables (I’m a fan of the PUP Player… it’s great) that does this.

Draxonic
                                Participant
                                  @draxonic

Interesting. Most of the instructions say you have to. Maybe I should have been more sceptical of that. I found that depending on how deep you went, a lot of what goes into this hobby can be quite complicated and there’s no single up-to-date manual that quite pieces it all together one one eloquent volume. As a result, there’s a fog of inclarity and often conflicting information about how it all works together, and sometimes you just have to attempt different strategies until it does. :scratch:

Honestly, if I had the time, I’d volunteer to do something about that, but sadly I just don’t have the time.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

You are right. You find that suggested all over the place. But, it doesn’t mean it is correct. You have to take into the account that these forums has a long history. VPM and VP is under constant changes. So has the operation systems we run these emulators on. At one point in time, a long time ago. It might have been true.

LynnInDenver
                                    Participant
                                      @lynnindenver

Recommending Admin Mode was probably just a “definitely seems to fix the issues” easy level fix for earlier problems during the earlier days of User Access Control where people were still trying to figure out how to keep all the software working correctly. Generally speaking, if you’re having to run any of the pinball software as Admin all the time, there’s something else wrong that needs to be fixed.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Draxonic
                                      Participant
                                        @draxonic

The black backglass, that sounds simlilar to mine. Here the problem just happens after the minigame. I posted that some time ago, but no replies. I assume that the sound is also gone on your game? Hope that somebody (probably Nailbuster ;-) )has a brilliant idea.

No my sound doesn’t cut out… just the backglass going black. Not sure what triggers it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        topper-2k
                                        Participant
                                          @topper-2k

Is the orbitalscoreboard.com account required or can you play the table without it? I know it’s free. It’s just one more account, one more login, one more… If I’m not particularly interested in sharing scores with other users, can I play without it?

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

No need to register.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?