Ice Fever (Gottlieb 1985)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t think @quienart meant anything was directly wrong with the table. It is mostly a translation problem. Though, he obviously was hoping for something else, that is clear. B-)

kds70
      Participant
        @kds70

Very nice table release. Looks brillant … thank you :rose:

And it looks  one MORE brillant if u change these three lightning settings from 25 to 0.

Back on cab :good:

lightning

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Shannon
        Participant
          @shannon1

Great table guys and thanks for all of your hard work. I’m really beginning to like these Gottlieb tables. I love Larry Day’s artwork on this table and Tag Team. Keep up the good work.

roccodimarco
          Participant
            @roccodimarco

This table is a total joy to play!   STAT do you a pov yet?

Jesperpark
            Participant
              @jesperpark

Wow this really looks great, and came together fast!!

Thanks to the people working on this release, the past versions and the people who supplied resources.

I have been hunting for a real Ice Fever for some time.  This version will hopefully make me forget about wanting a real machine…. Or maybe want a real one even more  :wacko:

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Played it last night, man this is a fun table, surprised me, you guys have done great work on this.  It’s one of the select few that I can’t recall playing it previously.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

Table looks and plays great, I also like the mechanical sounds.
                  It’s always a good sign when you just want to do a quick game on a new table and then can’t stop playing :)

Attached is a FS POV with lowered viewing angle

ice

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

Hello everyone Still no trace of the animal party :cry: :cry:

I finally understand this post, I am slow, sorry.  Queniart, if you want Party Animal, start collecting good scans and pictures from the table. This table was done fairly quick but a lot of people spent time and money making it.  I am sure we can get Party Animal done but it will take effort!</p>

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>I actually have a buddy that has one and I might be able to get some good photos off it.  It would be a nice project.   :yahoo:</p>

naeromagus
                    Participant
                      @naeromagus

Thanks for the update to this. I really love the gottlieb tables from this era

STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Thanks Guys, but what’s the 1.1. ? = “Original GI” ?

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

I agree. It is a confusing upload. No info to what is the actual 1.1 release if you don’t have the old table to compare to. But, yes, get the GI version for the update.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Mark70
                          Participant
                            @mark70

Thanks for the update! I like it.
                            This is one of those tables that doesn’t need a deep ruleset to be very addictive.

Just a note:
                            1. I changed the “Coil Ramp Up” value to “0” for the flippers, and in my opinion it plays perfect now. But of course this is just personal taste.

2. It seems that the extra ball is not awarded after completing ICE and the corresponding purple switch at the top of the playfield.
                            I tried all possible options within the F6 menu (Extra Ball / Replay options), changed them vice versa, but extra ball still did not work.
                            Has extra ball worked for others?  Edit: extra ball works after changing novelty mode to normal (thx Borgdog)

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

change log has the update info, basically I added an option in the script to have original (normal whiteish) GI or color led GI.  updated a few other things mainly my first blender render shadow layer.

for the extra ball, novelty mode has to be normal, and game mode has to be extra ball.  i believe I have gotten an extra ball.

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

Thanks @borgdog, changing novelty mode to normal fixed the extra ball issue. I have no idea why it was set wrong for me by default.

Playa1970
                                Participant
                                  @playa1970

Very fun table to play.  Great work!  Thank you.

Vinicius
                                  Participant
                                    @flydelorean

I’m trying to run but you’re asking for rom on this table, do you need rom?

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Pm sent

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

PAPAtv Live! played Ice Fever last night, not necessarily a tutorial but they do talk strategy and show how to play, and mostly how to drain, always a fun watch… and hopefully I got the link right, starts at about 1 hour 8 minutes into the video (stern NBA the first part).

JR
                                        Participant
                                          @jfr1

Doh!  This table got buried in my download area a while back and I just now re-spotted it because of 32’s similarly named Ice Cold game so just got loaded onto cab tonight.  Wow guys, this is yet another spectacular looking game.  One I’d never seen before.  Love the flow of the game play.  The more I look at this while typing, the more intriguing it looks.

The attention given to these older games by you artists/devs is so very much appreciated.

vogliadicane
                                          Participant
                                            @vogliadicane

Huh? How could I miss this? Very good work I like it a lot! :good: Though I am not really a fan of later Gottlieb tables, maybe because of that dull toot toot music :unsure:   , this one and your transmission to VPX is great.

One thing, I felt the sling mech sounds are delayed a lot. When looking at the wavs, I found they are not cropped correctly for the trigger. So I corected them (attached). Those feel much more snappier.

On a side note, left and right sling sound seem to be rather equal, both mono wavs and there’s no pan value in the script, so both are located finally at the same left-right position. I could have added the left-right corrected script with only using one of them, but then I thought, demands are higher than  (1D) pan only today (SSF guys), so I didn’t.

Either way, if there is help needed for pan corrections only (no SSF), I’d be happy to help out.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 73 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?