Jaws! (Future Pinball to Visual Pinball Build)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

You must be getting a bass.dll error? Or just no music?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

latin625
      Participant
        @latin625

Great conversion!  I get an error that my “pindmd3 is not found when launching from PinballX”, but it works on all other ultraDMD tables.  Outside of Pinball X, it seems to work fine.  Strange?  Any ideads?
        [SOLVED] – Never had UltraDMD installed in the first place.  Ughhhh.  :wacko: :wacko:   :wacko:

If your UltraDMD is grey, it is not installed on your cab! :yes:   :heart:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

That is strange! I have a pindmd2(plasma vishay) and works fine but not sure about the pindmd3 problem and pbx. Maybe someone else will have an idea

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Great release thanks Randr

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

It’s a beta so hope to make it much better with fixes, b2s and dof

for IOS and Android

roccodimarco
              Participant
                @roccodimarco

I have a very quick dmd uploaded, just waiting on approval.  Nothing great, just something to hold people over.

Bob Albright
                Participant
                  @bobalbright

Getting Bass .dll error

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Mp3 files need to be in music folder

for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
                    Participant
                      @bobalbright

The  mp3s are in the music folder

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

delta6014
                      Participant
                        @delta6014

I too can not get the music to play. I put all the mp3 files in the “music” folder which is in my “visual pinball” folder.

Need the Jaws music for the atmosphere. Love the game. Thanks Randr

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

If mp3 files are in music folder then I can only assume your bass.dll is outdated? When you update to 10.5 it includes a bass.dll file that I believe is newer or at least newer then 10.0 version. Make sure you have correct bass.dll and mp3 files are in root of the vpmusic folder not in a sub directory.

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

So. I figured out my UltraDMD issue. Before I explain. Look at these scores. No wonder I have problems beating you US guys in Pinball ;-)

This is a plunge, followed with a trap to right flipper. Nothing else.

english_localenorwegian_locale

The problem is. You need to change your computers “locale” from in my case “Norwegian” to I guess any English one. Now the game don’t crash. I have some experience with this problem from wrd1972 beta testing and Star wars De. I could then solve it by adding “setlocale (1033)” into the table script. But, this is UltraDMD so I have no idea how to fix it except changing the locale.

norw_settingsus_settings

4 users thanked author for this post.
                            randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Wow! I never would have thought that would be an issue. Great info

for IOS and Android

Batsugame
                              Participant
                                @batsugame

I added a little to the backglass I was working on, as well as one little flashing light on the Orca. LOL. It has some images I was working with to add more animations but I am not knowledgeable enough yet to get it all going. Anyone who wants to work from it is welcome to (once the mods approve it). For now, here’s the latest image:

Batsugame
                                Participant
                                  @batsugame

Gameplay-wise, I still don’t get a proper “Game Over” screen after the final ball. It just stays at Lives 1 until I start a new game. And I don’t see the Ball Save function working. But this baby has already seen a good amount of play time here.  :heart:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I will get the bugs fixed up in next release. This is still a beta. Ball save should be working but will look at that too

for IOS and Android

Batsugame
                                    Participant
                                      @batsugame

I will get the bugs fixed up in next release. This is still a beta.

Oh I know. I just thought it might help to have a record down of things people saw. Sorry your steam got killed on this one; you’ve done a really great job!

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t know. I guess it is poor game design or maybe a bug ? If you play barrel mb. I often end up with one drop target being dropped but still blinking indicating it needs to be shot – which of course is impossible. All of a sudden it is kind of pointless playing with two balls having nothing to shoot on.

Can it be that I shoot the first target too early ?

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

There are bugs, Randr has stated this right in the first post that it’s beta.

• I’ve had the ball save working at times so not sure why it doesnt’ work other times
                                          • As Randr said, he’s aware of tilt issue with the ball in the plunger lane (in case anyone brings it up ;) )
                                          • Game over: known bug, I’ve chastised Randr over this one, he’ll need to man up and fix this ASAP! ;)
                                          • The drop target thing: it’s a bug. I don’t think all the modes really finish right now (they don’t light to show the mode is completed).  I forgot to bring this one up to him, Randr will surely chastise me over this one :(
                                          • For sure there are a few other issues. For example tonight I think I got two multiballs going at the same time and when a couple drained, I ended up having dead flippers and even when those other balls drained, the flippers never came back.

There hasn’t been a lot of FP to VP conversions like this before so it’s an interesting project that can both show what can be done and also hopefully have some people can come up with ideas to help out with the code.  Randr seems totally dedicated to fixing this though but this is a great start yes?

I’d offer to help but my coding experience goes back to dbase III+ and a one-day tutorial on clipper which I’ve spent the past 24 years trying real hard to forget (and I think I succeeded!).  Any other takers?  I think this game has potential beyond just a few modes.  For example, because of the nice videos added to the game, I think when we first start the game we should be presented with a choice:  arcade, which is typically what we have but finished) and “story” which is similar to the Aliens table on Pinball FX3, where you go through the Alien table modes but in a story fashion.  In this game, the time it takes to finish all the modes in sequence could end up being your high score (so the shorter the better).  Could be a cool high score competition thing.

Anyway, just a thought, impressed with what we have so far but for sure, there’s work ahead for Randr and any entrepreneurial programmers (and I know the vids are nice on the billboard but I’d still love to see a pinup version!) ;)

Queniart
                                          Participant
                                            @queniart62

Bonjour a tous g trouver mon problem tout bêtement en glissent laffichage dmd sur ma table les chiffre etait correct donc problem resolution ecran pc dmd 1024×768 fonctionne pas donc tester en 1176×664 et tout et rentrer dans l ordre merci au personne qui mon aider a chercher mon problem bien que pour moi c pas facile quand au connais pas l anglais c sur que moi aussi j aimerais apprendre a participe a faire des tables  :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 218 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?