My Nikola Tesla themed cabinet build

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    The Loafer
    Participant
      @theloafer

Amazing Craftsperson would be more correct Randr, get with the times!

Seriously Gwen, superb work.  Frankly I’m jealous (in a good way) of your skills!  I’m retiring in about two years and I’ve got all kinds of ideas for the cabs that will lead me to maybe taking a woodworking course and electrical engineering (or whatever it’s called) so I can stop relying on others! LOL. Really nicely done, I love the speaker mesh

1 user thanked author for this post.
      tommygavinrocks
      Participant
        @tommygavinrocks

Really really ….Reeeeeally nice build Gwen! Looks fantastic!

Gwen
        Participant
          @gwen

Really really ….Reeeeeally nice build Gwen! Looks fantastic!

Amazing Craftsperson would be more correct Randr, get with the times!

Seriously Gwen, superb work. Frankly I’m jealous (in a good way) of your skills! I’m retiring in about two years and I’ve got all kinds of ideas for the cabs that will lead me to maybe taking a woodworking course and electrical engineering (or whatever it’s called) so I can stop relying on others! LOL. Really nicely done, I love the speaker mesh

Thanks so much for your kind words.  In my entire life if there is one thing I have learned it is that I am a maker.  I am just not happy if I am not creating something.  I am by no means an expert at everything I do but I try not to let that stop me.  You should see some of the other things I have built =)  I am a private pilot and ten years ago I scratch built my own replica Fokker DVIII WWI fighter plane and test flew it.  There are too many interesting things in the universe for me to do to ever allow me to be bored.  I love pinball and when I realized I could build my own virtual pinball cabinet I jumped all over it.  I am definitely enjoying the experience as well as the new people I have met along the way!

Gwen

Gwen
          - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Built your own plane!? I have always wanted to do that! Please post up some photos or links that’s one thing I will do someday

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Yeah Gwen, I love flying, that is something else on my bucket list when I retire, to get my own pilot’s license which I can then use to fly down to Randr’s place more often so I can put my initials on all his pins!   It’s good to plan ahead, no?

Seriously would love it if you shared some of those pics!

Gwen
              Participant
                @gwen

You got it guys =)

Here are some photos of my airplane, one while I was building it, an inflight photo, and some on the ground.

Gwen

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Just as you pin – love this too ! You’re obviously a multi-talented guy.

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

Thanks, but I am a woman =P

Gwen

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

You got it guys =)

Here are some photos of my airplane, one while I was building it, an inflight photo, and some on the ground.

Omg that is just awesome! Do you still have it?

for IOS and Android

Gwen
                      Participant
                        @gwen

Yeah I still have it.  Right now it is in storage in California after I moved up to Washington.  I need to go down and get it and bring it up here.

Gwen

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

I decided I wanted to use a real tilt bob in my cabinet for completely realistic tilt behavior.  After looking at the ones for sale online I decided I could save myself $20 and the wait by just building my own from stuff I have lying around.  I cut some scrap pieces of wood, brass rod, and aluminum, and cut down an old plumb bob which I drilled and tapped for a thumbscrew, and I made this (It’s nothing fancy but it should work just as well as any tilt bob I can buy.  And it’s adjustable =)) :

Update: I just finished installing this in my cabinet and adjusting it.  It works perfectly.  Pretty cool I think =)

Gwen

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Should work just fine and i must say you are very clever gal! I am impressed with your work on this project  :good:

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

Muchas gracias.  My sheet of tempered glass should be in tomorrow hopefully so I can get the cab all closed up. =)

Gwen

Nemo
                              Participant
                                @nemo

OMG Gwen…..that plane is just insane ! Very well done indeed…….is that a fokker ??

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Very nice. I’m one of those guys that swear that a vpin without a real tilt bob is just half the fun of what it could be. Looks just as good as any manufactured !

Gwen
                                  Participant
                                    @gwen

OMG Gwen…..that plane is just insane ! Very well done indeed…….is that a fokker ??

Yes a replica Fokker DVIII.

Gwen

Gwen
                                    Participant
                                      @gwen

My partner gave me this Tesla brass challenge coin as a gift.  I inlaid it into the left side of the lockdown bar on my cabinet.  I think Nemo will like this a lot since it has the pidgeons on it too  :yes:

Gwen

Nemo
                                      Participant
                                        @nemo

Omg yes ! That’s such a nice touch !

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

I agree !

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Still waiting to see this cab in full picture!

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 238 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?