My VP video settings

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Drybonz
    Participant
      @drybonz

Okay I’m going to ask a whole bunch that I am not sure of for stutter and settings. To eliminate stutter what are we trying to achieve? Is there a magic number FPS? or are these related?

Yeah, people report stutter with high FPS all the time.  Mainly, it’s if you see the ball motion as not “fluid” or if it seems like moving parts are not as responsive as they should be.  I made a noobie tutorial for video performance over at VPF, which wasn’t, by any means, meant to be definitive, but just something to get new guys pointed in the right direction.  I was interested in how the vsync settings were relating to the windowed fullscreen some people are using so I could add it to the tutorial if it’s something that would help people.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I should add You want pre rendered frames as low as possible to minimize input lag from what i understand

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
        Participant
          @jesperpark

Thanks for the insight, it helps me understand what is going on.  To that i think i stumbled on something interesting, when i set the FPS/Vsync to “1” i always got stutter.  I was watching the frame rates and it bounces from 52 to 60 fps.  Now when you set the FPS/vsync to 60, it fluctuated from 59.9 to 60fps.  To me that would be much more stable and hopefully cause less stuttering, also when i set FPS/vsync to 120, the frame rate stayed right at 120.  Digging around i found my TV is a 120hz and seems to like that 120FPS setting.  Like i said i don’t get much in the way of stuttering, and right now i can happily say everything plays buttery smooth! It’s funny that when windows wants to update i can tell by the ball stutter, update and it’s gone.

Hopefully this helps :good:

Drybonz
          Participant
            @drybonz

I have been having crazy problems when windows wants to update for the last several months… not even related to VP… just system things.  Once I realized what was causing it I now know to just let it update and reboot… but I never used to have that problem.

RustyCardores
              @rustycardores
              MemberModerator

Hmm… I cant even get it to run in true fullscreen now. Oh well, back to windowed. (It looks great and plays smooth in windowed, so no biggee)

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

I have been having crazy problems when windows wants to update for the last several months… not even related to VP… just system things. Once I realized what was causing it I now know to just let it update and reboot… but I never used to have that problem.

I think MS’ new strategy to get you to update is to just make your system run like shit until you do, seems to be working.

I’ve been running true fullscreen for the last week or so, seems to work pretty well along with nVidia’s Fast Sync in their settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?