Neptune (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
      @swietlikowa

I love this “dirty style” game… I personally prefer this version to a new, polished one. Unfortunately, there is a small detail that spoils the effect… pixels as on the attachment.

edit: cant see attached file, so uploaded here: https://ibb.co/hMzBLNQ

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

I love this “dirty style” game… I personally prefer this version to a new, polished one. Unfortunately, there is a small detail that spoils the effect… pixels as on the attachment.

edit: cant see attached file, so uploaded here: https://ibb.co/hMzBLNQ

for an image use the insert image button in the toolbar above the message composition window instead of the attachments below.

anyway, that is the lit edge of the plastic, at least that is what I assume you are referring to.  try varying the inclination and such a degree or two and see if it evens that out

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

A little antialiasing or a 4k monitor on your end and that will clear right up. Nothing wrong with the table per se.

Peter222
          Participant
            @swietlikowa

I thought I had changed the inclination myself, and that’s why the effect… But I downloaded the files again and it’s the default setting. Trying to change the inclination gives different effects, the closest to the ideal is this:

20190429_182243

but still witch pixels…

the next move is even worse:

20190429_182302

…it looks like a bug because I don’t have it on any other table.

Peter222
            Participant
              @swietlikowa

A little antialiasing or a 4k monitor on your end and that will clear right up. Nothing wrong with the table per se.

I plan to change it to 4k… but currently I have 2k, so far it’s enough… works perfectly on other >100 tables (a lot of them made by BorgDog)  :)

bord
                @bord

Show us your antialiasing settings in video settings. It is a fine detail and won’t look good without 4k or some antialiasing. On my screen the plastic edges look fine.

Peter222
                Participant
                  @swietlikowa

Show us your antialiasing settings in video settings. It is a fine detail and won’t look good without 4k or some antialiasing. On my screen the plastic edges look fine.

Zaznaczenie_519

bord
                    @bord

Will your GPU allow you to turn on brute force 4x and still play smoothly? Should help.

Sometimes a thin line or edge is at just the wrong angle for antialiasing. If you have to just turn off visibility on the sides of the walls for those plastics.

Peter222
                    Participant
                      @swietlikowa

Will your GPU allow you to turn on brute force 4x and still play smoothly? Should help.

Sometimes a thin line or edge is at just the wrong angle for antialiasing. If you have to just turn off visibility on the sides of the walls for those plastics.

I don’t want to change anything in the GPU settings because I’m afraid it will affect the performance of other tables. I’ve experimented with inclination, FOV and Layback, now the pixels have turned into a more solid line and it’s almost OK. Thank you for the great job. These tables are amazing!!!!

Oldschool4
                      Participant
                        @oldschool4

Thanks Bordog and Hauntfreaks, the worn and rusty look are great. :good:

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?