Newbie Bing Bang Bar Style

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Have a feeling if trains ever go extinct you will have other career options.  This is really impressive.  And BBB is one of the most fascinating tables/stories I encountered while learning about all this.  Love the theme you chose.  Thanks for taking the time to share.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      goodGRIEFF76
      Participant
        @goodgrieff76

Great looking build so far…and I couldn’t agree with Thalamus any more about using leaf switches.

nmooer
        Participant
          @nmooermidrivers-com

20190907_22061320190907_22061020190907_220632

Hi Guys and Gals. Happy New Year!  I have been so busy the last few months with work to post, so here are some updates. The contactors were not loud enough for my liking so I drilled holes in them and put a metal washer in the bottom.  Made them just a little louder to keep up with the sound system.

nmooer
          Participant
            @nmooermidrivers-com

Here are some pics of the machine all wired up. The amp sub and speakers all done. You can see the blower motor, and shaker motor, and knocker, Got a little clean up of wires around the computer yet. But over all very happy with the layout.  The fuse location in the front for the knocker, shaker and addressable leds have proven to be very helpful in that spot.  I blew a fuse on the knocker as I did not use a slow blow and my boy likes to add credits fast. I can add credits by inserting quarters or pressing the coin return. I just opened up the coin door and was able to change it to a slow blow without removing the playfield glass. My bad I knew better.

20191001_16472320191001_16471520191001_16473220191001_164740

nmooer
            Participant
              @nmooermidrivers-com

20191004_111619

Here is a pic from the rear of my machine with the slide out led wiz boards and fuses. I mounted a bell to the left of the cab back. I have to say I wish more games had the bell. when it rings it makes a guy smile. :good:

nmooer
              Participant
                @nmooermidrivers-com

20191001_17132520191007_210529

The addressable leds. Were my biggest pain in the butt. I started out with one data line running on the system, It was very slow and stuttered. I ended up moving to three separate data lines Left playfield, right playfield and back matrix. I just had too many leds for it to work properly. I would like to give a thanks to Outhere. Without his help I could have never got this done. I was scratching my head. Great people in this hobby are such a blessing!   I look at these tables and leds now and don’t think I want to ever go without. Wow!

nmooer
                Participant
                  @nmooermidrivers-com

20191020_165939

The pinball machine is now in its place next to my Dodge viper Machine. This is a pic of my father playing that awesome table of Randr’s.  The only mods that I want to do now are a chime unit, and change out those microswitch flipper buttons to leaf switches.  If I can figure out how to add a video I will post some. Do I use YouTube for that? I want to thank you guys for helping me make this machine come true!  :good: :good:

Thank You! Nathan Mooer

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. Youtube is at least a good alternative to share video with.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Just past Actual YouTube link from browser in your post. Nice looking cab btw!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

Numiah
                      Participant
                        @numiah

I am planning a full rewiring on my cab.
                        Your cabinet is very inspiring on how to attack this challenge. It’s stellar!
                        Thanks for sharing all those details!

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?