P-ROC Installer

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    lonchaney
    Participant
      @lonchaney

Same problem as @cyberpez
      And since monsterbashpincab is closed, I don’t see any solution to get these files.
      Would someone be kind enough to upload them somewhere? :)

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

There is no lying that most people in this community doesn’t wants to upload other peoples work. In this case it really one table with two use cases. For the CCC I would say that it would be very natural if Carny posts that table since he is the one that has maintained the p-roc aspect of the game. Preferable it would be @ninuzzu, but, I haven’t seen him around in a long time. I guess we just have to see what happens, so use friends to get tables that aren’t available at the moment is my best advice.

visualpinballfan
        Participant
          @johndo

There is no lying that most people in this community doesn’t wants to upload other peoples work. In this case it really one table with two use cases. For the CCC I would say that it would be very natural if Carny posts that table since he is the one that has maintained the p-roc aspect of the game. Preferable it would be @ninuzzu, but, I haven’t seen him around in a long time. I guess we just have to see what happens, so use friends to get tables that aren’t available at the moment is my best advice.

i agree with you for the most part, but the end were you said to use friends to get tables.  in a since, isnt that what he is trying to do??

its kinda like when you were trying to get your first job, and you get turned down all the time because you need more experience.  someone has to give you a try to get the experience.  soooo in a round about way.  its like someone might be trying to make friends, in a new area, and everyone tells them to go hang out with their friends… which they have none of.

just saying..

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Thalamus
            @thalamus

I agree. My answer isn’t clear. But, that is simply because I don’t have a better answer to give. If I had it my way I would make all the tables that I’ve stored on my hard drive uploaded here. But, out of respect for TT and the Italian community I’m not going to. Could I upload to VPU or VPF ? Sure. I can. But I won’t. I’m still hoping and praying that the Italian authors decided by themselves where they want to host the tables. Often the guy that uploads is the guy that knows how to fix the problems or at least have a good understanding of it.

Only today the French guys came over and hosted tables they used to have on mbpc. I’m very happy to see that they did.

I don’t know what you mean I can do differently than to tell the truth. We have a site that hosted a lot over very nice playing tables shut down. 90% of us have a copy of them already and could share. This guy asks for help. I can do one of three things. 1) PM him with a copy. 2) Advice him like I did. 3) Ignore him like most people would do.

Is it my responsibility to rush to everyone that requests a table ? Do you have it ? Did you PM him ? Currently I’m checking new login credentials for maybe 30 new users each day, and delete a few to make this site clean and a good place to be. Do you think you’re in the right position to tell me what I did correct here ? Sorry. I don’t.

Stay in the community for a while and you will gain friends. I can assure you of that. I made a quite hard critic on Facebook the other day to what might seem like addressed to one user, but, I was pointing the finger at each and everyone if you are on there and read it again. I told them that they can sit there all they want getting spreadsheets fed to them with direct links to the download for all I care, staying forever as clueless as the day they joined the groups. I’m not saying everything about the Facebook groups are bad. I only say that there is huge amount of people there that are not even trying to see what this is all about and are missing out because of laziness. They even don’t care to press the button “Like” when they do download. They should all be very acquainted to how that works.

So, I pushed back on your question. And I admit maybe a bit unfair to you. But, I hope you understand that I kind of used your criticism to answer a few things I’ve had on my mind for a while.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            lonchaney
            Participant
              @lonchaney

Well, thanks for your replies, @visualpinballfan and @Thalamus. I noticed there is something like a “war” between some devs, some VP websites. I come from the Mame arcade world and I have to say I’m bit surprised to see  this kind of situation but anyway, I can live with it. I am very thankful for this fantastic work they all share with us. And then I’ll cross my finger to see @ninuzzu here soon.

Thalamus
                @thalamus

I wonder. Have you looked at the script more closely ? Is it the last part where you download the CCC master from github that fails then you should be able to do it manually with ease.

lonchaney
                Participant
                  @lonchaney

@Thalamus Well, thanks for the tip, I’ll check that when I will be at home. No sure I will know what to do with those files anyway, but I will try. :)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

I have a feeling that someone that comes from the mame world and has been able to get VP up and running without spamming the threads with many questions will be able to figure that script out. It is quite basic. If I remember correctly. The last bit is to download a zip file and extracting. And you of course need to change the script for the table to use PROC. Its a 0 vs a 1 value kind of edit.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I only have the proc installer from this site and works for me but i may be behind on updates?

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/p-roc-installer/

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/p-roc-installer-tutorial/

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

You probably are randr. You should download Carny’s latest CCCmaster and apply it. There is also a fix for fastflips by DjRoX on the github page. The files that are on github that is related to PROC for the table is redundant in that those are included in Carny’s archive. It is only the small table code changed to CCC or I should say CC that is needed.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

AH! ok sadly i am behind on most table updates! I need to spend a couple nights and update my cab

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

lonchaney
                          Participant
                            @lonchaney

@Thalamus, I will tell you :)

CarnyPriest
                            Participant
                              @carnypriest

The installer posted here is out of date. The most recent version hosted on MBPC was V3.2. Not saying that it won’t work, but you might get the dreaded R6034 runtime error dialog that was a nuisance for so long.

Plus, the bat that installs the CCC game code does not pick up the latest sound assets although it will be picking up the latest code. Again, the results might be perfectly playable and will have bugfixes and fastflips but there will be some old or missing callouts/music.

If you already have a recent P-Roc install from the V3.2 installer or from the instructions provided by horsey/chepas (also gone) and you also have the table then I can probably help you out. I’m a little more comfortable supporting the Install CCC.bat file as I host a lot of that content even if I didn’t actually code the bat. The rest of it coming available is up to ninuzzu, I’m afraid.

I highly doubt that he will be visiting here. -heh.

:whistle:

lonchaney
                              Participant
                                @lonchaney

Hi @CarnyPriest. Thanks for you reply. :) No, I only have the 3.1. Everything sounds to work, except the Install CCC.bat telling me download failed. When I launch the table, I get python errors. I read from an old post of Ninuzzu that the missing sound folder may be the cause. BTW, my vp folder is on D: so I edited the register_vpcom.py

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

I wonder if I don’t have the installer at least laying somewhere. For some reason I know I kept those files. Now I just need to find out where.

Update: I’ve looked where I was almost sure I had it, but no. I’ll have a look tomorrow in the other place.

lonchaney
                                  Participant
                                    @lonchaney

@Thalamus, that would be great! Even if you do not find it, thanks for trying :)

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Here is the 3.2 offline Installer, luckily I still had it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqe1tzjmaqs3t61/P-ROC_Offline_Installer-v3.2.rar?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      lonchaney
                                      Participant
                                        @lonchaney

@Jesperpark Thanks a lot, really. :) So I uninstalled the previous version and used the 3.2, but unfortunately, still the same problem, it doesn’t want to download the CCC files. The url it is looking for is dead. And then I get a lot of python errors (I also downloaded all the github master files and put all of them in the cactuscanyon folder. Am I right?). @CarnyPriest, do you know if this installCCC.bat  should only download some sounds files?

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

You kind of need to download the resources yourself and change some of the lines in the installer if you are doing it from the bottom up. Basically. Don’t let i clean up failed downloads and look at that it is doing once those files are downloaded. Do the same manually. After you’re done go to c:\p-roc\cactuscanyoun and run ‘python game.py’ <- taken from memory, might be a bit different. And I see that you say you have the files on d. What about creating directory links between c:\proc and d:\proc

CarnyPriest
                                          Participant
                                            @carnypriest

The Install CCC.bat in the 3.2 Installer is out of date. I had updated it, but ninuzzu never got around to re-packaging.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 68 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?