PinUP System (Player and Popper Front-End) Install

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Hi all’  Does the Popper work for DT mode?  I installed it and it loads fine except that the playfield and t-bar are sideways for me. The rotate for PF was at 270, I set it to 0 and it’s okay. The T-bar will not rotate. What am i doing wrong?

You didn’t install the Desktop Theme silly!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/t-arc-and-t-bar-desktop-themes-for-pinup-popper/

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Spectrum1
      Participant
        @spectrum1

Thank you for the quick response. I am very new to visual pinball. I will Dl the Desktop Theme now.  :good:

dieman
        Participant
          @dieman

I’m still having problems with the popper video on the backglass not being full screen. All games that I have for the popper videos are about 3 inches down from the top of my backglass. If I put my mouse cursor on it, I can drag it to the correct position. In setup it won’t let me go into full screen mode, when I click save, the backglass drops down about 3 inches. I just can’t lock it into position.

I sure hope someone can please help me. :-(

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

post a screenshot of your windows display layout form setting (from windows display settings)

dieman
            Participant
              @dieman

i hope this is what you need

dieman
              Participant
                @dieman

dave, im not sure this picture is going thru on this site. i also sent it to you on the other site.

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Read part D

for others…this is the screenshot

msg-127999-0-98820100-1569105258

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

To post a picture click on the icon at the top right

dieman
                    Participant
                      @dieman

My primary screen is #2 and my backglass is #1.  And not having the two windows screens not lined up was my problem. Now the screens are perfect.

thank you very much.AB5CC60D-0C67-45B1-838E-2398A59912AB

ttrenkner
                      Participant
                        @ttrenkner

I just tried installing the PinUp Player and Popper. While I am able to play PUP tables, I’m now getting a second “DMD” on some regular VPX tables that has white spots in the lower right corner and can’t be hidden by the usual script command. It’s the lower DMD in the attachment. Obviously, I got some setting wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is. I was also unable to get it to display B2S’s for Williams FX3 tables, but right now I’m more concerned about fixing the DMD issue. Anybody got any ideas.

ttrenkner
                        Participant
                          @ttrenkner

Not sure the attachment referred to above made it. I’ll try again

ttrenkner
                          Participant
                            @ttrenkner

Cactus

Really having a bad day!

LynnInDenver
                            Participant
                              @lynnindenver

That one lower center, the lowest one, is the Freezy DMD. You can turn off the external DMD in the F1 menu when the table is running. Otherwise, set the position and size via DmdDevice.ini, and hide the other one with “Show DMD Display Window” and leave “Use External DMD” checked.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Erzak
                              Participant
                                @erzak

Just installed PinUP, as I wanted to try the Stranger Things table.  I followed along with the installation video and the first time that I ran the Stranger Things table, by launching it manually from VPX, the backglass worked, saw videos, etc.  Did not see anything on my DMD, but I realized I hadn’t moved the UltraDMD folder to my Tables directory.  However, when I quite the table, the music kept playing, so I went into Task Manager, saw that PinUpDisplay.exe was still running, so End-task’d it.  I moved the STLE.UltraDMD folder to my Tables folder and started the table again.  Now I don’t see anything on the backglass, other than it briefly pops up, then goes black, and I don’t hear any music or voices, just the table/physics sounds.

I use PinballX as my front end, and added the Stranger Things table to my collection, got the same behavior when I launch it from PBX, and then when I quit the table, the backglass stays blank, until I go manually kill the PinUpDisplay.exe process.  That seems more like a table-specific issue.  Haven’t tried any other PUP Packs  yet.

Thanks for any advice/help.

Update: I downloaded the Batman ’66 PUP Pack and tried it.  When I launched the game from VPX, I saw a partial Batman logo on the backglass, and on the playfield I saw multiple virtual DMDs and another large black area that couldn’t change the size of or anything.  When I exited, PinUpDisplay.exe didn’t stop automatically.  I re-ran PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat and added a Topper window at the bottom of my backglass, and tried Batman again.  The topper window stayed black/blank.  So it seems like it’s something in my configuration/setup.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator
                                  Erzak
                                  Participant
                                    @erzak

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=getting_started

I’m not trying to use the Popper front-end and that’s what this link seems to be about, unless I’m reading it wrong.  Do I need to in order to run PinUP tables?  Sounded like it was possible to launch them otherwise.

outhere
                                      @outhere

See bottom of page
                                      https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

outhere
                                        @outhere

If you are running programs with Administrator rights try turning it off on every program

enzone45
                                        Participant
                                          @enzone45

Hello!
                                          Is this compatible with the Google Chromebook?  If not, will it be supported in the future?

Thank You :)

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@enzone45 Windows only

********************************************************
                                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?