Space Cadet WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    freneticamnesic
      @freneticamnesic
      vipModeratorMember

Been converting this from FP after the lack of interest in a community build…  :scratch:

Leo created a FP recreation of the old Microsoft pinball game, Space Cadet…. Which was actually a repackaged version of a single table from the Full Tilt game published by Maxis… They were practically the same game but they were visually different in a couple of ways. This is kind of a mash up of the two. It should be familiar to anyone who’s played the game.

I’ve built the game for use with UltraDMD, it will be possible to play it without that, though, and just use the textboxes if you play in Desktop mode. It’s fine either way, both get the same information in some way.

Here’s a progress picture. Game is fully scripted and functional, fine tuning left, almost done. Fixing up physics and scoring displays before release, and a couple of bugs. Pretty quick build though.

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jodannar
      Participant
        @jodannar

Thanks Fren. People who have played my cab always ask if it can play space cadette. Now it will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyCardores
          @rustycardores
          MemberModerator

I resurrected an old XP laptop just recently and was playing this …. Oh how far we have come! ;)

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

btw… it seems that our ride has come full circle and it’s time to get off. lol  :wacko:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

This build is very cool. cannot wait to load it in my cab :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
                @icpjuggla
                MembervipModerator

Looks great fren.

Can’t wait to play it..

You know I would of helped, but I’m sure you were looking for new members to step up and contribute.  ;-)

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

I do have a few more tables in mind for future builds that don’t have existing versions available. Once I discovered there was an fp version of space cadet there was no longer motivation on my side to build it from scratch! I’ve got some cool ideas for the next table so I’ll be bugging you soon enough!

Punch it!

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

Looking forward to playing this, spent many hours ”working” at space cadet.

walamab
                    Participant
                      @walamab
                      MemberContributor

I’d love to pitch in on a future build. I’m still tackling what I consider more advanced techniques but I would hope any help is good…right?

Walamab
                      Table Developer Wannabe and general arcade geek!

Flint_Beastwood
                      Participant
                        @flint-beastwood

Awesome! I use to play this on my Windows 95 computer :cry:  Man, am I that old.

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

There’s a few people like me who’ve been around computers their whole life, I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D pretty near it’s release in the early 90s well before Windows was the go-to OS, where you’d still have to load games from command prompt. I don’t consider myself old yet though.. who knows, maybe I’m delusional lol

Punch it!

toxie
                          Participant
                            @toxie
                            VP DEVMember

I still play Wolfenstein from time to time today (on the Jaguar though ;)).. And great remake of the most propably most played pin of all time..

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

The artwork on one of these tables reminded me of Chex Quest which was a a re-purposed version of Wolfenstein 3D. It was a free game that was given out in the mid-90s with Chex… I played a hell of a lot of that game, it was so stupid but I had fun. It would be cool to make a pin out of that, the artwork was so cheesy and the sound effects were so generic, but it was colorful and pretty funny.

You can play Chex Quest here: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Chex_Quest_1996

and Wolfenstein 3D here: https://archive.org/details/msdos_Wolfenstein_3D_1992

Both good time wasters :)

I also had a very early color screen laptop that I played this on a lot: https://archive.org/details/msdos_CORR7_shareware

Of course, played Doom any chance I could get, too… now that would be an awesome pin theme

Punch it!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

You know… My first job as R&R computers was installing links386 with vesa drivers in dos for a couple ceo’s back many years ago. Then doom through lan game play, as a matter of fact half my accounts back then installed bnc network just to play doom and share/print stuff was a bonus. Lmao! I miss those days

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

You know… My first job as R&R computers was installing links386 with vesa drivers in dos for a couple ceo’s back many years ago. Then doom through lan game play, as a matter of fact half my accounts back then installed bnc network just to play doom and share/print stuff was a bonus. Lmao! I miss those days

Played a whole lot of both of these back in the day. Also a lot of Gorf and Pole Position on the C64.

freneticamnesic
                                    @freneticamnesic
                                    vipModeratorMember

I played a lot of OutRun, the upright arcade one. I think the local Round Table Pizza had one when I was growing up. I think Pole Position and OutRun were very similar, everytime I see one it reminds me of the other at least

Punch it!

Sliderpoint
                                    Participant
                                      @sliderpoint
                                      MemberContributor

That’s Funny, I was an Novell Netware admin back in the day on a BNC network. Finicky bitches those token rings.  Moved on later to running Linux servers and playing Descent with buddies on the LAN.  Ah the good ole days.  Somehow later I ended up working for MS supporting windows 95/98 that came with these very pinball games!

-Mike

STAT
                                      Participant
                                        @stefanaustria
                                        MemberContributor

Hey Fren, thats great with your MS Pinball :) … boah you all are right, good old days with the MSDos and Win 95 – Times …
                                        Now: every Child have a (Game-) Handy lol

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

That’s Funny, I was an Novell Netware admin back in the day on a BNC network. Finicky bitches those token rings. Moved on later to running Linux servers and playing Descent with buddies on the LAN. Ah the good ole days. Somehow later I ended up working for MS supporting windows 95/98 that came with these very pinball games! -Mike

Descent ruled rules!  But just the first one, others got way to complex.

I wish we had the fancy bnc network, bosses didn’t want to spring for it so had the crappy 9-pin looked like a serial connector (can’t remember what they were called, 25 years does that to ya) token ring at 1/5 the speed of the fancy bnc one.  Way too cheap for Novell as well, Lantastic was the brawn, I was the brain, behind the operation.  This of course was before the Doom>Descent>Monster Truck Madness>Quake days lunch breaks at work.

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

I wish we had the fancy bnc network, bosses didn’t want to spring for it so had the crappy 9-pin looked like a serial connector (can’t remember what they were called, 25 years does that to ya) token ring at 1/5 the speed of the fancy bnc one. Way too cheap for Novell as well, Lantastic was the brawn, I was the brain, behind the operation. This of course was before the Doom>Descent>Monster Truck Madness>Quake days lunch breaks at work.

Geez your old!  lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?