Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

Amazing work thanks nFozzy and all involved!

Not to sound ungrateful, are there any plans to perfect the backwall and also the backwall lights ?

Star Trek LE

I don’t think @nfozzy is on the scene anymore. Feel free to work on it and let us know what you did to improve it.

baalisan
      Participant
        @baalisan

LOL thanks bord, you are good for my ego.  I wish I had such abilities and skills, I am currently just mastering turning on the computer but give me another 10 years or so and I might get there.

Shame about nFozzy I hope all is well for him.  I was hoping he could finish his masterpiece.

I noticed on AC/DC similar lights are on the backwall, not sure how difficult it is to do but perhaps someone wise and powerful with the spare time could steal those from that table and hook them up to Star Trek?

ACDC lights

Mr_H
        Participant
          @jhopwood

Having problems patching the rom into the color rom. Downloaded 1.62 and the color patch 1.61 by lucky and gone through the patch process fine, added the folder into altcolor also. Table loads, can add coins but as soon as I hit start it freezes. Any ideas?

Thanks.

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

Try the 161 rom
            Star Trek (Stern) Limited Edition (V1.61) st_161h
            http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3990-star-trek-stern-limited-edition-v161/

This is what I use for patching Stern sam color rom —>    http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4808-vpu-color-rom-patcher/

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Kingspian
            Participant
              @kingspian

This is one of the best Star Trek Enterprise I ever played on my pc! WELL DONE!! :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Rehab
              Participant
                @zheksone

First of all: Thanks to all involved for this amazing table: it’s one of my favs.

I have an issue with this table that I am not able to fix because I have no clue what I’m doing, so hopefully someone can help me out with this. I am playing this in desktop mode and I recently upgraded to 4K. In order to display the DMD correctly in 4K desktop I want to use the UseVPMDMD method. It is already defined in the script but lines 22 and 23 are in reversed order so it will never work. When switching the two lines of code, the DMD works great but a strange artifact appears as well above the flippers (see screenshot).

Star Trek artifact2Star Trek artifact

Can someone point me into the right direction how to (re)move this?? That would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Zheks

outhere
                  @outhere
                  MemberContributorvipModerator

Do you use Freezy for your DMD Display?

GuruChoc
                  Participant
                    @guruchoc

Just started playing this, whenever I get a replay and the animation starts on the DMD the game locks up and exits VPX. Anyone else having this problem currently ?

G

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

No. I play that table often – only thing I’ve given up is to get it to run with at91jit enabled and color dmd.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Make sure you have correct rom. These newer stern tables have pro, le or whatever roms and maybe you are running the wrong one with the table?

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

GuruChoc
                        Participant
                          @guruchoc

Make sure you have correct rom. These newer stern tables have pro, le or whatever roms and maybe you are running the wrong one with the table?

Fairly sure it wouldn’t work if I mixed up the pro/le ROMs, but grabbed them to check anyway.

G

GuruChoc
                          Participant
                            @guruchoc

No. I play that table often – only thing I’ve given up is to get it to run with at91jit enabled and color dmd.

Ok, I’ll give that a whirl later on.

G

GuruChoc
                            Participant
                              @guruchoc

color ROM and at91jit enbled, no crashes thanks for the tip.

now to figure out how to make 166 code to work :)

G

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

166 ? You mean 1.62 I hope. And this is a LE so you need to open setup – find what name it should be – expect it to be xxx_162h and then look what pinmame expect the files inside to be named. Then after that, it is just a easy zip and you should be done.

GuruChoc
                                Participant
                                  @guruchoc

166 ? You mean 1.62 I hope. And this is a LE so you need to open setup – find what name it should be – expect it to be xxx_162h and then look what pinmame expect the files inside to be named. Then after that, it is just a easy zip and you should be done.

Yes, 1.62, fat fingers  :) I got it going, but miss the lovely coloured DMD, I think the Star Trek one is one of the best available.

G

GuruChoc
                                  Participant
                                    @guruchoc

Ok, couldn’t patch 1.62 rom with the 1.61 color patch, VPX just shuts down about 30 seconds of just sitting idle. I’ll try again, but maybe it is not possible ? Can you confirm this works fine thanks.

Any tips on a better POV, the table currently plays terrible as is, most shots are way off for me and there is barely no flow between shots. I have tried messing with the table length which gives a better flow, but some of the lighting effects are obviously hard coded to the play field, for example the strobe effects under the slings move into the inlanes making the game unplayable, instead of staying under the slings.

G

CarnyPriest
                                    Participant
                                      @carnypriest

Current color patch is for V1.61. There is no color patch for V1.62. At least none that I’m aware of. It is not trivial to update a patch for a code update. Guess the bug fixes were not worth the trouble to re-do the work.

There are some patches that sub the stock soundtrack with orchestrations from the JJ Abrams films:

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le and pro, nosro, movie soundtrack
                                      https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/3#post-4457764

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le, nosro and JimB, movie soundtrack with TOS gameover
                                      https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4#post-4467793

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le, nosro and JimB, movie soundtrack with TOS gameover
                                      https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4#post-4480122

For cab I use @Rajo Joey POV

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/playfield-pov-vpx-tables/

If you are just using a desktop, I can’t help you.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                                      GuruChoc
                                      Participant
                                        @guruchoc

Current color patch is for V1.61. There is no color patch for V1.62. At least none that I’m aware of. It is not trivial to update a patch for a code update. Guess the bug fixes were not worth the trouble to re-do the work.

There are some patches that sub the stock soundtrack with orchestrations from the JJ Abrams films:

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le and pro, nosro, movie soundtrack

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/3#post-4457764

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le, nosro and JimB, movie soundtrack with TOS gameover

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4#post-4467793

Star Trek (Stern), st_162le, nosro and JimB, movie soundtrack with TOS gameover

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-162/page/4#post-4480122

For cab I use @Rajo Joey POV

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/playfield-pov-vpx-tables/

If you are just using a desktop, I can’t help you.

Thanks for the info CP, much appreciated. I thought the color ROM conversion would of needed a 1.62 version to be done, I can stop chasing that tail now :)

I loaded all three of the Rajo ones previously, less than spectacular results, they all made things worse for the version I was playing Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012) :( I might have to grab those other versions and try them out.

Playing inside a cab, no desktop.

G

Attachments:
                                        TNT2
                                        Participant
                                          @tnt2

First time I have played this with a higher refresh rate.

Wowsers!

Roude117
                                          Participant
                                            @roude117

I have similar problems are Rehab posted above. For some reason there is an artifact in the middle on the playing field and the fire-button is not in its proper location. I am playing this in VR – in a custom VR Room version and also this table with a pup pack. They use roms with same names, but the roms have different qualities (one has muted audio, one has custom audio). I think the rom I am using is st_161hc, but I have renamed it to st_162c in order to be able to use it.

Any tips on how to get rid of the artifact in the middle of the playfield and get the fire-button to its proper place? Also any tips on how to get the DMD to show in VR?

Thank you very much for any tips!

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?