Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    vogliadicane
    Participant
      @vogliadicane

this is so good, I think you nailed it with this one. Thanks a lot nFozzy and all involved :rose:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      sifusun
      Participant
        @sifusun

BIG BIG THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

this is so good, I think you nailed it with this one. Thanks a lot nFozzy and all involved :rose:

I can’t agree more .. I am soooo enjoying this table..

senseless
          Participant
            @senseless

Pretty late to this dinner party but the food tastes great. Thanks nFozzy for this truly awesome update. Time to improve my personal best score and enjoy all the great little details and not to forget a fluent laser show :)!

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Flipper physics breakthrough! nFozzy — Wow! Flippers feel more responsive and snappier. Most of us cab guys are limited by 60hz refresh rate, but once keypress is detected, these flippers spring to end of stroke with a quickness that feels just like the Williams pins in my garage. Flick passing feels great, too. Also, center shots made “on the fly” seem to zing up the middle of the playfield with greater accuracy — really important on this table!

I’m curious as to how you got this effect. Some crazy settings under the flipper physics tab in editor, and bonkers sophisticated math in the script. Would love it if you can find time explain a bit for us mere players.

Love this table. Thanks!

HauntFreaks
                @hauntfreaks
                vipContributorMember

Again.. I just had to do it.. it’s the way I play them! Whole new start trek table, whole new backglass for the occasion. Star-Trek-LE-Clipboard-2

Is this a FSS view? The depth looks amazing. I’m playing the table in FS settings in my cab and as great as it looks, your settings are even better! Can your view (and depth) be accomplished in FS view?

hummm… I’m pretty sure i can make this same look in FS….. (here it comes, wait for it, wait for it)…. why the hell would you want this view in a cab??…. this is awesome, well beyond awesome for FSS….. but cab FS??…. yeah, nah….. but I think this is how @borgdog has his setup…. right dan??….LOL

Jesperpark
                Participant
                  @jesperpark

I would say to help with depth of view, for me maybe because of my TV angle, but i really have a tough time with the Z direction, especially at the top of the table.  Everything just seems to be on 1 level sometimes, maybe it’s my blueprint reading eyes?  I know there was discussion about this before and I really have to find the POV I am personally liking.  I always feel I am looking straight down on the table

Scooby
                  Participant
                    @scooby

No worries, it’s a really fun table.

nFozzy, I saw randr asked and I was wondering as well.  Is your build based on Fren’s version?

Thanks to everyone involved!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I played this Sunday night about 15 games and plays great! thanks for sharing

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

nFozzy
                      Participant
                        @nfozzy

Nope, from scratch. I put together the playfield and all of the 3d assets. This was the first table that I made entirely in Maya.

Flipper physics breakthrough! nFozzy — Wow! Flippers feel more responsive and snappier. Most of us cab guys are limited by 60hz refresh rate, but once keypress is detected, these flippers spring to end of stroke with a quickness that feels just like the Williams pins in my garage. Flick passing feels great, too. Also, center shots made “on the fly” seem to zing up the middle of the playfield with greater accuracy — really important on this table! I’m curious as to how you got this effect. Some crazy settings under the flipper physics tab in editor, and bonkers sophisticated math in the script. Would love it if you can find time explain a bit for us mere players. Love this table. Thanks!

The heart of it is just is a simple flipper speedhack that reduces ball velocity after it leaves the flipper. The flipper speed has to be reasonable though – If the flippers are too snappy, the shots from the inlane are way too late on the flipper.

There’s also some polarity correction going on. This is more table specific, VP10 has trouble with the steeper flipper angles. There were shots that weren’t possible or just super wrong. So the script tracks where the ball is on the flipper when it’s flipped, and then adds angle and some final velocity correction.

All of the math was done with linear equations: two point, three point and five-point envelope functions. So that made it possible to make safe adjustments in-game because the raw coordinates could be adjusted in the debugger. Rothbauer’s flippertraj table was a godsend for this.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                        Ben Logan2
                        Participant
                          @benlogan2

Great description, nFozzy. Really creative solution on your part — drastically increasing flipper strength to get that snap, and then compensating by slowing ball down as it leaves the flipper. Hope to see this on more tables!

Works well with live and drop catches, too. Drop catches on VP are often tough to time, because flipper doesn’t seem to “snap down” to resting position as quickly as I’d like. This table is an exception!

I understand the polarity correction stuff is table specific. Makes sense that it’d have to be tuned per table.

Thanks to Rothbauer for the flippertraj testing table. Saw this over at VPF, but admit to having not understood what you guys were up to, until now!

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

try any of roth’s tables here and be amazed at the flipper physics! i really think his tables that have it play closest to real thing so far

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Neofr45
                            Participant
                              @neofr45

:good: Hi nfrozzi

I want to tell you your version of star trek and the best and the most beautiful I have seen
                              thank you for sharing with your excellent work :yahoo:

Vinthar
                              Participant
                                @vinthar

Awesome update. Thank you. IMHO plunger should have more force – if I remember right there is skill shot when plunging with left (or maybe right? I didn’t played real thing for a while) flipper pressed – ball should bounce back, don’t trow on rollovers and go to upper flipper – then you go for warp ramp. Plunger is to weak to give ball enough speed to bounce back – it always falls into rollovers. How can I adjust it?

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

:good: Hi nfrozzi I want to tell you your version of star trek and the best and the most beautiful I have seen And for a next bet I made a playfield clean and cleaner and I reduced the image noise still bravo and thank you for sharing with your excellent work :yahoo:

I’m kind of confused, this is my only skill so I pick up on it more i think, but … you said something about image noise?? do you mean grain?… because the grain and noise are two different things… fozz’s PF has grian this is a technique when getting an image to to the size you need…. noise/artifacts are when an image is degraded
                                  if you look at the “the captain’s chair” graphic on the top you will see no artifacts, the bottom one that you did is degraded with artifacts… in other words you added noise
                                  again i’m showing the example because its the field i was in for so long…

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

@Vinthar : If I hold left flipper while plunging the ball goes around as expected for a left flipper for a skill-shot attempt to the right ramp. Isn’t that what you are looking for ?

I’m still looking – but can’t find the slightest error on this table.

Vinthar
                                    Participant
                                      @vinthar

@Thalamus :No. There are 3 different skillshots on the table. The one I  am talking about is HARDEST one and scoring the most points of all 3. It must be done with RIGHT flipper then. Ball should bounce from the gate behind rollovers and drop to upper flipper – from upper flipper you should shot warp ramp. Its 20 or 30 millions. Switch sequence is: ball activate switch at the end of plunger line, then bounce from gate and activate the same switch again, then activates switch on warp ramp. Check youtube videos or instructions. It’s doable on neon version from monster bash pincab site. This version lacks of power in plunger and after hitting gate ball don’t have enough force to go back and feed upper flipper. Instaed it just drops on rollovers. Plunger is to weak, or maybe gate should be more elastic/springy!

arconovum
                                      Participant
                                        @nicholaschristopher
                                        MemberContributor

A real bug, undefined variable “FlipperLagCompensation” keycode RightMagnaSave in Sub Catchinput

bko
                                        Participant
                                          @thebko

Hi,

the table is great but i have 2 problems :

• I have no lightning in the table, there is any light.
                                          • The DMD animation is slow, like 1 frame per second. i got the same problem with walking dead, another stern rom.

I got VPX 10.4 beta.

Any idea ?

thanks

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

@bko : Make sure you have the latest SAM installed. Not 100% sure that is the reason. But, it’s a good start to make sure.

bko
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 198 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?