Stern Star Wars pinball

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

Designed by the great Steve Ritchie. Looks kind of “meh” to me but you never know. The Premium/LE does have a lot of ramps though which impresses simpletons like me.  :yes:

star-wars-pinball-playfield-stern

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jodannar
      Participant
        @jodannar

That “hyper loop ramp” is on the Premium/LE is going to have a fair kick to make the ball come all the way around and back up the other side. Im thinking the shot can go all the way around or stop in the middle and pop out dependent on solenoid kick strength.  Looks kind of meh to me, but gameplay may change that

alistair
        Participant
          @alistaircg

looks like the death star cracks in half as part of an explosion game mechanic

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

To me this looks great. Cannot beat the theme.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

I’m really looking forward to seeing and playing one in person. Love the theme and it looks fun..

KiwiBri
              Participant
                @kiwibri

Hmm art work based on the original (1977) film. I think these days people call it “A New Hope”.  Doesn’t look like a tie into the whole series.

ICPjuggla
                  @icpjuggla
                  MembervipModerator

Hmm art work based on the original (1977) film. I think these days people call it “A New Hope”. Doesn’t look like a tie into the whole series.

Stern has made it pretty clear it’s celebrating 40 years of Star Wars. The are paying homage to the original trilogy.

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

I cant wait to retheme it with “Space Balls”

ozg
                    Participant
                      @netweight

Meh, looks like Austin Powers, Sopranos and a piece from the Ghostbusters table, in a blender. The DMD and sound effects will have to save this table.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

nah they will sell it just because it will sell to non pin people as well… and all the boutique collectors will buy it because they can….

HauntFreaks
                          @hauntfreaks
                          vipContributorMember

for me if they were going to do a lucas film it would have to be “American Graffiti”

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

Yeah for me it’s the theme, basically cause it’s Star Wars.  My wife will say yes to a Star Wars pin :good:

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

Yeah for me it’s the theme, basically cause it’s Star Wars. My wife will say yes to a Star Wars pin :good:

THIS IS NOT A JOKE…LOL
                              my wife has vowed to NEVER see any star wars movie, because of the reaction she gets when she says she has never seen any star wars movie

I’ve seen some of them, im not a fanboy or anything, but i watched them… i’m in my 50’s so i was old enough to go see it, but that would have interrupted my skateboard time…lol…. so I didnt see the first one well into the 80’s….

ozg
                              Participant
                                @netweight

nah they will sell it just because it will sell to non pin people as well… and all the boutique collectors will buy it because they can….

Yeah, just like Batman 66 and Aerosmith. Speaking of which, the place across town has those two plus Ghostbusters now. I was like great, drove over there to play but they have the tables leveled to drain fast. I was like “what a bummer”, put my money back into my pocket and left with my head down, so people wouldn’t see me crying, LOL.

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

Yeah, just like Batman 66 and Aerosmith. Speaking of which, the place across town has those two plus Ghostbusters now. I was like great, drove over there to play but they have the tables leveled to drain fast. I was like “what a bummer”, put my money back into my pocket and left with my head down, so people wouldn’t see me crying, LOL.

its fine you can just say your not very good at pinball….  hehehe  ;)

ICPjuggla
                                    @icpjuggla
                                    MembervipModerator

All you people whining when a pinball table is hard! Man up, practice and challenge yourself. It supposed too be hard that’s the point to take your money!

I saw a lot of complaints about Taxi being too hard and you know what it put a huge smile on my face. In real life the table is hard and real pinball is hard. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t be any fun!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    ozg
                                    Participant
                                      @netweight

All you people whining when a pinball table is hard! Man up, practice and challenge yourself. It supposed too be hard that’s the point to take your money! I saw a lot of complaints about Taxi being too hard and you know what it put a huge smile on my face. In real life the table is hard and real pinball is hard. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t be any fun!

I’d played those tables not to long ago at the pinball show (over and over again) and really enjoyed the new pins. The bowling alley with the same tables raised the bar on hard. I don’t feel that I should have to violently fight/struggle with a machine to have a good time, especially at $2.00 for three games. I’ve been playing pins for 39 years, it’s not like I’m new to this scene.

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

All you people whining when a pinball table is hard! Man up, practice and challenge yourself. It supposed too be hard that’s the point to take your money! I saw a lot of complaints about Taxi being too hard and you know what it put a huge smile on my face. In real life the table is hard and real pinball is hard. If it wasn’t it wouldn’t be any fun!

I’d played those tables not to long ago at the pinball show (over and over again) and really enjoyed the new pins. The bowling alley with the same tables raised the bar on hard. I don’t feel that I should have to violently fight/struggle with a machine to have a good time, especially at $2.00 for three games. I’ve been playing pins for 39 years, it’s not like I’m new to this scene.

I have about 10yrs on you…. and I’m a terrible, I mean BAD pinball player…. again no joke, my wife kicks my ass more then i would like to admit, when playing real pinball… when I beat her on the pincab, she says “I’m a purest, not this silly video crap”…. then I punch her in the mouth…. sssshhh dont tell her i said that

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Even though I’m kind of tired of movie themed tables, this seems to have a more “classic” pinball feel to it, instead of some of the more gimicky recent stuff… so kudos to Stern for that.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

This is why I could get really frustrated with Pinball Arcade. Some tables were too easy. Usually don’t have to worry about that in VP.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?