Today's Pinball Adventure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

I went out to take a look at a Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends (RaB) table that I saw on Craigs List and the guy also had a couple of project EM’s that he was wanting to get rid of.  All I can say is thank the Lord for Visual Pinball and the IPDB site!  Thanks to VP I was able to play a bunch of RaB and I was able to study up on the table’s manual via IPDB.  Because of this I learned how to run the table through its various diagnostic modes.

The RaB was in really nice condition and about the only problem that I could see was that Bullwinkle’s nose on the BG was scratched from behind which apparently is pretty common because of the mechanism for lifting up his arm for the Hat Trick shot.  The table played really well and I got an extra ball but out of the corner of my eye I noticed that Rocky didn’t pop out of the hat on the BG.

After the game was over I ran the table through the switch test and one of the BOMB targets was a little wonky in registering hits, probably just a leaf switch adjustment.  The Lights test showed a non functioning bumper light which I already knew about from playing the table.  The coil test showed that neither Rock or the Rhino would fire on the BG but the Lion would.  We checked for easy fixes like fractured wire, burnt up coil and reseated the wiring harnesses but no joy.  The seller wasn’t willing to take a loss at this time (he never checked the diagnostics) and thought he would try to fix it so I backed out of the deal which according to Sliderpoint who owns an RaB was a fair to high price.

I did pick up the two project EM’s for $300 which are a 1964 Bally Grand Tour which the seller had stripped the cab and head down to bare wood but never got around to repainting and a Chicago Coin Pirate Gold from 1969.

The Grand Tour has a really clean playfield and the backglass is in nice condition considering the age but someone put on the wrong flippers.   :wacko:

20190715_140821

20190715_140835

20190715_140910

The Pirate Gold has cool artwork by Christian Marche but is in fair condition and will take a bit of work to get back into top shape.  :unsure:

20190715_140826

20190715_140852

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

Cool, glad you got something out of it, look forward to new vp versions of both Em’s :)

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

That Pirate Gold art rules!

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Very cool find.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Always good to see a couple classics saved and in good hands!  My Spin a Card was one week away from being taken to the curb.

Scottacus
              Participant
                @scottacus
                MembervipContributor

Yeah the artwork is what sold me on the machine.  It was done by Christian Marche but doesn’t have pointy people like his mid 70’s games.  The cab has cool stencil artwork as well.

20190715_140900

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Just curious, are the game counters still intact?  SaC is up to 50,971.  These 60’s EM’s are amazing.  Will last indefinitely if maintained.

20190715_213633

bord
                    @bord
                    MembervipContributorModerator

Now that I look it up I also love the art on Grand Tour. Awesome backglass especially. Will be interested to hear how they play.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

I put Grand Tour together last night and tried to cycle the back box mechanisms and they all felt like they had sludge in them so I’ll be pulling and cleaning before I apply power to the table.  I’ll also go over all of the switch stacks to make sure they move well and dont have screws or other bits stuck in them.  Really rather not burn up anything on the intial power up.  In other words “do you feel lucky punk?” No…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?