Total Nuclear Annihilation VPX table released

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

Thanks to GtxJoe and others, not to mention Scott Danesi, not only for his awesome table design, but for OK’ing the release of it for VPX we now have a pretty incredible rendition of the table available.

Better Hurry and grab it now because it will only be available for a short time.  https://vpdb.io/games/tna/releases/pkcwyzymp

The multiplayer beta 1.4 is currently available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YTRIklmlMud8TvLXhwWJ4gcVoVQrrt5d

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

2 users thanked author for this post.
      JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

And go grab the full sound track! – – http://www.scottdanesi.com/?page_id=19

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

I already bought the soundtrack myself, via Amazon, so it was a no-brainer to dump it into the folder in place of the download files.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
          Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
          Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Gwen
          Participant
            @gwen

Just bought the soundtrack myself.

Gwen

flstclasic
            Participant
              @flstclasic

+ 1 on the soundtrack for me.

BrandonLaw
              Participant
                @brandonlaw

Also purchased the soundtrack.  Turns out, it’s on iTunes as well!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Amazing! Thanks to @gromler (Scott), of course, and @gtxjoe and his team. We have a couple TNAs on location locally and it is always a total blast to play.

Also big commendation to everyone making sure this was a sanctioned project.

I also just purchased the soundtrack (lossless, of course) and can’t wait to get it pounding through the house while I play.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

My nephew enjoying the game….

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

About a week and I’ll be playing it too in Oslo. At least now I know the general rules better than a month ago or so. It’s a special machine. Very hard to get to the end of. You should really start playing it yourself a bit @randr.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

My nephew enjoying the game….

Wait, that’s the real one you cheat!  i’m at my ‘cabin’ for the thanksgiving holiday so can’t play tna, but I get joker poker, amazing spider-man, pinball pool and incredible hulk to exercise that I only get to see every couple weeks.  TNA is still awesome and elicits the most swear words from me of all my pins.

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

@randr @borgdog I am loving GTXJoe’s version of TNA, it is quickly becoming one of my favorite games. Since you own the real TNA (jealous) curious what you guys think about the VPX version. Other than the obvious ROM emulation/screen support differences how do they compare?

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

I’ve not tried the vpx version

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

And how many the real deal now ? I know that people here will shake their heads in disbelief – at least I did.

Gwen
                              Participant
                                @gwen

I’ve never even seen the real table except in videos and photos online.

Gwen

Cimmerian
                                Participant
                                  @cimmerian

I have no way of playing this locally as far as I know. Non-existent.

I tried it once, & that was no good.  Tried it again, only marginally better.

I could not walk away!  This is really a good table.  I am impressed with the quality and feel of it.

Thanks to the crew and most of all to Mr. Danesi.

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

It is an excellent table.

On buying the soundtrack to support Scott:  I’m not sure if I’m talking out of my ass here but I would think buying the soundtrack directly from Scott ensures he gets the most funds available.  Buying on Amazon is cool (and I hear you get the MP3’s) but Scott would just get a cut from that. Buying directly off Scott means lossless and full 100% funds (outside of paypal fees) goes to him.

You do need to convert it yourself though which took an entire minute of my valuable time (using the software identified in the script).

This is a wonderful VPX table, though I expect nothing less having played the real TNA and … well… GTXJoe knows his way around the VP editor.  His physmod Avengers table was one of the first to REALLY show of what improved flipper physics could mean to VP.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

Thanks Robert. Nice and thoughtful review. In the end you mentioned Avengers and I all of a sudden remembered spending some time on that table fixing various minor issues (vpx version), that made me start to really appreciate the table. The main issues with the released VPX is in the bumper area. If you can’t to the bumpers properly, you’ll have a very hard time completing that mode at all. All characters in this game is kind of equal important to progress. And I spent quite a lot of time on the adjustments looking at youtube. I don’t remember who made the vpx version, rigtht now. If memory serves me right it was a co-op between many and it didn’t really end up as “complete” ?. But, if the community allows i would be very happy to share my mod, with changes to the rom to make it a somewhat possible to complete. The default rom settings for that game is very, very hard. Too hard imo to actually make the game popular and I never understood why Stern made some of those settings default. Right now, I can assure you, it is impossible to get to the end. Well, maybe, but, not if you’re game doesn’t last for 10 hours or so, you can’t :)

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

I used to own the Hulk LE version of Avengers, all with custom fixes because Stern made a horrid job out-of-the-box on this pin. I still miss it to this day.  In saying all that, yeah it was hard but I also really enjoyed it because of that.  Hitting the black widow ramp, which so many complained about, wasn’t easy but as I showed a family member when I hit it 4 times in a row, it’s doable for those with good aim and super rewarding.   Then again, I never finished Tron either LOL and boy do I miss THAT pin.

I’ve not played the VPX version too much, hope there’s a way to release your mod.  I would love if we could get a good hulk rendered at some point, that’s such a big part of that game

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

Back to TNA, I just tested the latest beta (1.4) and GTXJoe has added multiplayer/coop modes and it’s a lot of fun!  Frankly, it’s a homerun release, I see myself playing that game for a long time.  Getting to the 9th reactor on a single player game is going to be downright epic.

You can find the latest beta (or just wait for the release) at vpbd.io, in the TNA comments section  (GTXJoe posted a link)

Randr: tell your nephew he doesn’t have to press both flippers at the same time :)

Gwen
                                          Participant
                                            @gwen

Yes, the multiplayer modes in this table make it the most fun table I have for multiplayer :yahoo:    And I have a lot of tables.

Gwen

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?