Viking (Bally 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Rajo Joey
    Participant
      @joey2001

Thanks for the update. :good:

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Hope you enjoy it. nFozzy/roth physics give it a huge boost in fun.

Still can’t get this thing to look anything but cartoony. I think it is the colors in the art.

Adolfo
        Participant
          @scorpion

:good:

Hello Adrian,

very perfect table like always…thanks

Adolfo

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Bob Albright
          Participant
            @bobalbright

Thanks for the table Bord. I’m not getting any music–just sound from the bumpers. Any ideas?

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

Hope you enjoy it. nFozzy/roth physics give it a huge boost in fun.

Still can’t get this thing to look anything but cartoony. I think it is the colors in the art.

Great stuff! Thanks for the update!

ItchyRobot
              Participant
                @itchyrobot

Cool table. The aesthetics remind me of one of my favorites, Mata Hari. Thanks for keeping it updated!

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

Thanks for the update, Bord. Love your work.

bha19
                    Participant
                      @bha19

How do you make this a 5 ball game? Great table also. When I was in college the local arcade had this table and the outlanes 99% of the time sent the ball back to the flippers. I guess the owner found out and asked the operator to adjust the slant and then it only happened about 5% of the time the ball going back to the flippers. Happy memories from those days.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

“the owner found out and asked the operator to adjust the slant”     and that is why I used to carry a small adjustable wrench in my pocket.

Having a blast spending extended time with this update tonight.  Love these 80’s bord-Bally’s and this update is impressive.  There’s a guy on the Pinside ‘show pics of game room’ forum thread where he show’s off a room with EBD, Centaur, Fathom, Flsh Gordon, Viking.  Meh, I got all those and don’t have to change any bulbs!

Oh, also a 2nd thanks to @schreibi34 for politely suggesting to me on his Hot Tip thread, that when I see some lighting blow-out, to check my stupid tv settings!! and leave the playfield mesh alone.   Helped me get this table looking fantastic in 1080.

Cartoony?  It has a palette similar to your Stern Dracula bord.  I like it.  Fun change from other tables.

Thanks for all the work you and cohorts do.

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

Awesome update, looks and plays so realistic you forget you’re playing simulation. Yes it is capable of spanking you silly but when things go right it is oh.. so rewarding. It’s amazing how addicting the 80’s machines managed to be without crazy ramps, toys and digital displays. Just give me eye-catching art, some cool arcade sounds, easy to follow rules and achievable objectives and I’m all in, take all my quarters. Thanks for bringing back great childhood memories @bord!

BrandonLaw
                          Participant
                            @brandonlaw

This fucking table just like the rest of Bord’s tables can go to hell.  They test my patience and are too stunning and fun to stop playing.  Fuck these piles of shit.  Great work!  This table is so unique in it’s gameplay…especially with those outlanes.  Going to look at pinside seeing if anyone has one for sale.  Truly an experience.

Thanks for agony, Bord.  Funny how we digest beautiful agony everyday :)

"Fuck this game. I love it."

lydie
                            Participant
                              @lydie

bonjour

j’ai bien telecharger la table et quand je la lance impossible de demarer une partie j’entend les credit  quand j’appuis sur le 5 mais j’ai pas d’affichage sur le backglass

pourriez vous m’expliquer ou je fais une erreur

merci

bord
                                @bord

@lydie, you can load the .nv file I included in the download or press F6 and choose to show credits.

bord
                                  @bord

@brandonlaw, totally agree. This era of Ballys are particularly brutal but also very creative and fun. Would love to get quality resources to redo Flash Gordon someday. That thing is the ultimate ego destroyer.

lydie
                                  Participant
                                    @lydie

j’ai mis le fichier et aussi appuyer sur la touche f6 mais rien la table ne se lance pas non plus

rien ne s’affiche

lydie
                                    Participant
                                      @lydie

c’est  bien ce que j’ai fait mais toujours rien

j’ai absolument rien qui s’affiche et en appuyant sur 1 la partie ne se lance pas

Bob Albright
                                      Participant
                                        @bobalbright

FYI

I was not getting any music when I first loaded up this table. I had the vikingb rom. Was getting bumper noise , but no music. Someone saw my post and suggested downloading the rom from vpf–which I did. And when I did, I saw that the new vikingb rom was larger than the one I had. Problem fixed. Just thought I would post in case anyone else might be having the same issue. Fun table. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Played the table a lot today. Took your nvram and it became a goal to beat the high score. What a wonderful recreation @bord. Plays great and beautiful, as expected coming from you. In my normal fashion. I like to reset credits to the apron and then noticed that the knocker wasn’t working. Looked it up in the manual and I became even more confused. After some debugging, it seems to be Sol6 so I fixed a small issue I’ve kind of introduced to the script and was unneeded after Michael made the 10.7 core update. So, If you are as crazy as me, want credit to be awarded, get the script update on github. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sverrewl/vpxtable_scripts/master/Viking%20(Bally%201980).vbs and take my nvram that has highscore reset to 0 and credit limits from the apron.

After all these games. Makes me sad, knowing that there is one less machine in the queue from you mate. :rose:

Attachments:
                                          kds70
                                          Participant
                                            @kds70

Plays and looks superb … thanks for this nice recreation / update :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 67 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?