Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    rothbauerw
      @rothbauerw
      ModeratorContributorMembervip

This replaces the 1.3a that was out there?

Yes, it does.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

For full screen look in dr dude thread I upped a xml you can import

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
        Participant
          @bobalbright

I’m getting an error script error on line 224. Click ok then an error on line 348 (Sub table 1 exit Controller stop)

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Table looks fantastic wrd1972! Just like all your other works. Thank you.

I noticed that your more recent updates of your tables have a yellow tone to give them a more “classic” incandescent look to it.

If anyone prefers the normal white light look (that it originally had), just click on the big yellow central light over the playfield in the VP editor and change the colour to white.

Again…great work…you on a crazy train with all these updates! Thanks again!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

Thanks guys. Yep I made the yellow incandescent effect very easy to tweak or delete.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

So much of the new physics involves the flippers and how they work? If it’s something that could be implemented in the script that would be awesome.

Call me a pansy but I hate to have all the other great VPX tables feel obsolete. :whistle:

nFozzy
                Participant
                  @nfozzy

Most tables don’t even use the same method of managing their physics. Nearly all flipper options can be adjusted in script, but the ball mass / low table friction needs changes to object friction and elasticity, and that has to be done manually.

One important note if you want to go down that road though: Ballmass is not supported as a physics option in the editor. Ballmass needs to be declared in the script, and any script usage of “.createball” needs to be changed to “.CreateSizedBallWithMass BallSize, BallMass”.

TXT11
                  Participant
                    @txt11

Maybe a “modern” or “realistic” option when first starting the table for the choice of yellowing of the general illumination?  I’m bummed – The table is so big my 32Bit Win XP cab won’t load it table without ‘Out of Memory’ errors.  Will have to boot into my 64Bit Win 7 HDD and try again under it. :wacko:

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

@pinfan45 here.. page 4 post #53474

Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

Wrd… man this looks and plays so good now…. thanks everyone involved

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks can you believe how good this table looks? Have you tried dark’s gillagan’s  or knorr’s STTNG or any of the others? My gosh so much has changed in such a short time!

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

wrd1972
                          Participant
                            @wrd1972
                            MembervipContributor

Thanks guys. I am now working on a big refresh of Bride Of Pinbot with all the lighting, physics. Table is getting a bunch of re-scaling on objects as well plus a skill shot that is as aggravating and as cantankerous as the real machine.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Ginsonic
                            Participant
                              @ginsonic

Thanks guys. I am now working on a big refresh of Bride Of Pinbot with all the lighting, physics. Table is getting a bunch of re-scaling on objects as well plus a skill shot that is as aggravating and as cantankerous as the real machine.

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

This table plays so good now, I never had more fun to play it.
                                The shots are extremely accurate now! So thanks again for the update.

mordroc
                                Participant
                                  @mordroc

Just got this table going on my new Mini VP pin cabinet.  I agree with everyone.  This design is the gold standard.  Everything plays great and it looks amazing.  My only trouble is I can’t figure out why I’m not seeing the DMD.  I have been looking through the script for DMD settings but can’t see anything beyond a 90 degree rotate parameter.

I had to change the main table rotation to 270 degrees in the backglass options so it would fit my sideways vertical monitor, but there is just no DMD to be found.  I always need to move them to the 2nd sideways monitor on my setup.  Most of the time when I install a new table, the DMD just shows up in the right spot to begin with (on the second monitor).

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.  I love playing this…just can’t see my score.  :-)

32assassin
                                  Participant
                                    @32assassin

VPX tables run in FS and DT,  their is no need for you to change the rotation all you need to do is set your video options to run in FS.

some authors run their cap in Portrait view,  their FS rotation is set to Zero.  Check the thread for those tables someone always includes a Landscape view settings XML.

Many people like to use the word DMD for all scoring displays.   this table has an alpha numeric display not a DMD display

if you want to view the simulated scoring display generated by PinMAME  then go to the script and find .Hidden=1  and set it equal to Zero.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

mordroc
                                    Participant
                                      @mordroc

Thank you very much!  The .Hidden variable was indeed 1.  Changing it to zero got my alpha numeric display up.   I wasn’t sure how to refer to the name of the display in my question, as in the script it always says “DMD”.  Again, thank you for the help.  This table is a masterpiece.

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

Thanks for the compliment mordoc.

I will soon be doing a few more things to it to make it even better. Nfozzy has come up with a much improved way to have the GI dimming appear much more realistic. It will remove the blockiness and other irregularities that are currently in place. It really does mimic my real FH very precisely.

I also want to rescale Rudy to be more accurately sized to the real thing. Right now, he is too tall.

Also I have new flipper physics coming that do not rely on a script hack but provide the same trajectories…but without the weird and excessive rebounds that occasionally happen when the ball hits the flipper. Rothbauerw has worked major overtime on these new physics and he now has the tools to measure, compare settings and precisely tweak the flippers and re-measure their performance. I really see this as another step forward to flipper physics bliss.

Yes I know what some of you guys are thinig. Damn will he ever stop revving this table and call it done. Well in a word or two…Hell no. :)

As I continue to gain more experience and as the various table authors continue to make more innovative ways of doing things. I will continue to add them to all of my tables…especially my signature table, FH.

Stay tuned. B-)

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

Hell no – don’t stop updating any of your tables. Getting closer to the real thing is absolutely something I think we all should strive for. I would however love to get a peek at those flipper physics changes you are keeping close to your chest ;)

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

I always thought this table looked impressive. After being converted to Force Exclusive Fullscreen it looks even more incredible! Like a table brand new from the factory!

Thanks for everyone’s hard work on this.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?