This topic contains 234 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 235 total)
  • Author
     johnco 
    Participant

This replaces the 1.3a that was out there?

rothbauerw 
    Participant
    ContributorMembervip

This replaces the 1.3a that was out there?

Yes, it does.

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Table Looks Great! Fantastic job on Rudy. very fine detail
    Thanks for sharing your Table.
    Any BACKDROP SETTINGS would
    be Appreciated. Thanks

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

For full screen look in dr dude thread I upped a xml you can import

Bob Albright 
    Participant

I’m getting an error script error on line 224. Click ok then an error on line 348 (Sub table 1 exit Controller stop)

TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Table looks fantastic wrd1972! Just like all your other works. Thank you.

I noticed that your more recent updates of your tables have a yellow tone to give them a more “classic” incandescent look to it.

If anyone prefers the normal white light look (that it originally had), just click on the big yellow central light over the playfield in the VP editor and change the colour to white.

Again…great work…you on a crazy train with all these updates! Thanks again!

1 user thanked author for this post.
     wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Thanks guys. Yep I made the yellow incandescent effect very easy to tweak or delete.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

TNT2 
    Participant

So much of the new physics involves the flippers and how they work? If it’s something that could be implemented in the script that would be awesome.

Call me a pansy but I hate to have all the other great VPX tables feel obsolete. :whistle:

nFozzy 
    Participant

Most tables don’t even use the same method of managing their physics. Nearly all flipper options can be adjusted in script, but the ball mass / low table friction needs changes to object friction and elasticity, and that has to be done manually.

One important note if you want to go down that road though: Ballmass is not supported as a physics option in the editor. Ballmass needs to be declared in the script, and any script usage of “.createball” needs to be changed to “.CreateSizedBallWithMass BallSize, BallMass”.

TXT11 
    Participant

Maybe a “modern” or “realistic” option when first starting the table for the choice of yellowing of the general illumination?  I’m bummed – The table is so big my 32Bit Win XP cab won’t load it table without ‘Out of Memory’ errors.  Will have to boot into my 64Bit Win 7 HDD and try again under it. :wacko:

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Randr Are you talking this thread to find your Backdrop settings? Sorry wasnt able to find it. Thanks for your help

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@pinfan45 here.. page 4 post #53474

Dr. Dude (Bally 1990)

Pinfan45 
    Participant

Thanks Soo Much Randr!

HauntFreaks 
    vipContributorMember

Wrd… man this looks and plays so good now…. thanks everyone involved

Some users who have liked this topic:

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@hauntfreaks can you believe how good this table looks? Have you tried dark’s gillagan’s  or knorr’s STTNG or any of the others? My gosh so much has changed in such a short time!

wrd1972 
    Participant
    Membervip

Thanks guys. I am now working on a big refresh of Bride Of Pinbot with all the lighting, physics. Table is getting a bunch of re-scaling on objects as well plus a skill shot that is as aggravating and as cantankerous as the real machine.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Some users who have liked this topic:

Ginsonic 
    Participant

Thanks guys. I am now working on a big refresh of Bride Of Pinbot with all the lighting, physics. Table is getting a bunch of re-scaling on objects as well plus a skill shot that is as aggravating and as cantankerous as the real machine.

:yahoo: :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Mark70 
    Participant

This table plays so good now, I never had more fun to play it.
    The shots are extremely accurate now! So thanks again for the update.

mordroc 
    Participant

Just got this table going on my new Mini VP pin cabinet.  I agree with everyone.  This design is the gold standard.  Everything plays great and it looks amazing.  My only trouble is I can’t figure out why I’m not seeing the DMD.  I have been looking through the script for DMD settings but can’t see anything beyond a 90 degree rotate parameter.

I had to change the main table rotation to 270 degrees in the backglass options so it would fit my sideways vertical monitor, but there is just no DMD to be found.  I always need to move them to the 2nd sideways monitor on my setup.  Most of the time when I install a new table, the DMD just shows up in the right spot to begin with (on the second monitor).

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.  I love playing this…just can’t see my score.  :-)

32assassin 
    Participant

VPX tables run in FS and DT,  their is no need for you to change the rotation all you need to do is set your video options to run in FS.

some authors run their cap in Portrait view,  their FS rotation is set to Zero.  Check the thread for those tables someone always includes a Landscape view settings XML.

Many people like to use the word DMD for all scoring displays.   this table has an alpha numeric display not a DMD display

if you want to view the simulated scoring display generated by PinMAME  then go to the script and find .Hidden=1  and set it equal to Zero.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 235 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account