Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

Great looking table and can’t wait to play it. I’m a bit of a noobie here so forgive this question if its an easy fix.
      When I load the table it comes up in portrait and not landscape. I have settings as cabinet mode and do not have this issue with any other tables.
      Help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance

VPX Camera/Light Mode Tutorial
      https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/bugs-bunny-birthday-ball-bally-1989/page/7/#post-113295

robertms
      Participant
        @mophead

Great looking table and can’t wait to play it. I’m a bit of a noobie here so forgive this question if its an easy fix.

When I load the table it comes up in portrait and not landscape. I have settings as cabinet mode and do not have this issue with any other tables.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

In the editor adjust x/y rotation to 270. Then use the camera mode to adjust point of view to your liking. Instructions here (make sure to bookmark for future reference):

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Tricky table to cut your teeth on.

Paul Landry
          Participant
            @kunoluno

Copied from above.  I had the same problem and this reply fixed it.

Welcome to the site.

It is explained in this tutorial ( in the end ) – but, since you need to ask. You should probably read it all.

https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

rrob
            Participant
              @rrob

When ball goes to Steps Back and DMD says “aim for flashing steps” nothing i press works. How do I fix ?

MarkRennie71
              Participant
                @markrennie71

Hello

Trying to get this set up but the backglass isn’t showing up, no matter what I do. BG works on all my other tables. Any idea please?

Cheers

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

I can almost guarantee that the error is in the name. The best way to rename a db2s is to – mark the vpx file, right click, got to rename and then press cntr+insert. Now, go to the backglass, do the same except used shift+insert and enter. It is really easy to miss a character doing it manually.

MarkRennie71
                  Participant
                    @markrennie71

thanks, defo not a name problem as I have already called them both 1 etc :)

and the registry entry shows the following

Capture

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

look for issues in db2sserversettings.xml – clean your rom https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/ – get a different backglass https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=funhouse+db2s

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      MarkRennie71
                      Participant
                        @markrennie71

please do not judge me!!!  :rose: after hours of messing on, i have noticed the backglass extension was “directb2”, note the missing S, dear me sorry and thank for the replies!

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

We all do mistakes like that – for me, it only takes 7 beers before I mess things up ;)

Cadorna
                          Participant
                            @cadorna

Hi.

How can play it in cabinet mode?

outhere
                              @outhere

Hi.
                              How can play it in cabinet mode?

I believe the answer you’re looking for is in this topic and it is at the top of this page

waltiti
                              Participant
                                @waltiti

Thanks for the great table one question

What’s the difference between the file A, B, or C? is like 2.0.1 or 2.0.2….? means C is the last update?

waltiti

outhere
                                  @outhere

Thanks for the great table one question

What’s the difference between the file A, B, or C? is like 2.0.1 or 2.0.2….? means C is the last update?

See the Changelog Tab

njk70
                                  Participant
                                    @njk70

At the risk of being chastised for not searching enough, and I realize this is probably a rom/pinmame issue.   I can’t seem to adjust the ROM sound volume on this table. I go through the open coin door and adjust volume but the sound remains pretty much constant from 8-30.   I can’t get the mechanical sounds to play loud enough without the rom sounds blasting through the speakers. I can adjust other tables like mars attacks just fine. As you know I like my ssf sounds :).  I deleted the registry entries for the rom to rest things and it didn’t help.  Not sure what else I can do.

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

No, you won’t get chastised – when you clearly have tried to resolve something. I must admit, I have never even tried to change the rom sound of this table. I can’t say I’ve felt it was needed. What I would try is to run only the setup.exe – change the options so that I would be able to get info the rom volume all on its own. Often the upper left key of your keyboard. In many cases you have several chips in the machine, and sometime, for Phantom of the Opera, and Bram Stoker’s Dracula, I have adjusted them differently from the default.

njk70
                                      Participant
                                        @njk70

Alright you got me started down the path.   First of I noticed several williams alphanumeric games suffered from the same failure of the rom  volume settings not working (Funhouse and Bride of Pinbot, Dinner I couldn’t figure out the menu and didn’t seem to work).  This would seem to be something lacking in PinMame (and no! I will not go into that rabbit hole!). I tried going to pinmame and setting default and per rom volume attenuation and it didn’t seem to change anything, but I will revisit that.  Lastly I found F12 in VPX brought up a little dialog to enter a volume from -32 to 0 which would set the volume attenuation (ie you could make it quieter) in pinmame. Sadly you have to restart, it would be nice if there was a realtime control. I would LOVE to have separate realtime volume controls for rom, music, mechanical sounds. I set it to -32 and restarted and the rom sounds were very quiet and I could blast the mechanical sounds at nice ridiculous levels. So looks like something I can adjust to taste on each table that doesn’t have working rom sound controls. Maybe when I finish my table I’ll get into more coding…. oh wait, this is supposed to be a hobby for me to get away from my day job (programming)!

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Ah. I miss read you issue. Yes. F12 something I use often for roms that are too loud. Old Stern games like Dracula, Meteor – are a bit too loud for my taste. But, as I said. I don’t find Funhouse to be in that category. I recommend that you install PinVol. http://www.mjrnet.org/pinscape/ – also, if you haven’t read the info Mike provides on that site, you’ve got some reading to do ;)

ct55555
                                          Participant
                                            @ct55555

wow :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?