Funhouse (Williams 1990)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 460 total)
  • Author
    nFozzy
    Participant
      @nfozzy

You might be interested in this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aj20ztkuymqvi6l/FunhouseRubberCollisions.vpx?dl=0

It’s collision meshes using simple primitives instead of rubbers. There are a few advantages to this. The size is more precise, more physics engine friendly than rubbers, and they can have different physics properties and / or SFX to handle the ‘band’ part of the rubber separately (not something I tuned). There’s still some questionable placement though. Is Rudy supposed to be feeding the upper flipper?

Layer 2 has 1  1/16″ rubber post sleeves, which are 1:1 scaled but are also UV mapped to take the default post sleeve texture

pthrossell
      Participant
        @pthrossell

Anyone else not able to this game to start. Everything loads backglass and pinmame start. Every time I press start the rom goes in to testing mode some of the time it says ball is missing. Have the latest of everything, all other games working TWD,STLE,MUST. Have down loaded and reinstalled 3 times tried getting
        the rom fh_905h from three different sites. same every time!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Delete nvram for rom and try it. May fix issue.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
          pthrossell
          Participant
            @pthrossell

Thanks Randr:

I tried deleting the Nvram. No Change.

wrd1972
            Participant
              @wrd1972
              MembervipContributor

pth..,

Try placing your NVRAM folder somewhere else. I had the same problem on a laptop and where the folder was originally placed was protected. After moving it, everything worked fine.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

wrd1972
              Participant
                @wrd1972
                MembervipContributor

***New Revision Posted***

I have released version 1.1 and its ready for download.

Changes:

• Fixes for the ball exiting the subway and consistently hitting the right flipper
                • Superdog PF lighting insert fixed
                • DT backdrop setting revised
                • Numerous small visual fixes
                • Sound enhancements

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Pinbolt
                Participant
                  @pinbolt

Thank you for the update.

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Thanks for the update!

a couple minor visual issues, these objects are visible and need materials assigned:
                    Subway1
                    Primitive109 (plunger cover)
                    3 decals covering the side rails of the table.

Nice work!

-Mike

wrd1972
                    Participant
                      @wrd1972
                      MembervipContributor

Thanks for the update! a couple minor visual issues, these objects are visible and need materials assigned: Subway1 Primitive109 (plunger cover) 3 decals covering the side rails of the table. Nice work! -Mike

Thanks Mike. Materials added.

Scotty VH
                        @scottt
                        ModeratorMember

I just tried this for the first time on my desktop….  A M A Z I N G ! ! !   Can’t wait to give it a go on the cab!  Thanks WRD – you’ve just raised the bar again!

gavb73
                        Participant
                          @gavb73

New here.  Just want to say absolutely outstanding work. This is one fantastic table. Looks great and from what i can tell plays perfect too. Thank you

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

You might be new here but your right about the table! One of the best you can play in visual pinball! :)

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

FlipperManiac
                            Participant
                              @flippermaniac

These latest tables are awesome, but I’m having a minor issue. This table’s playfield (and Gilligans Island, I notice) seems to be slightly out of focus, a little blurred. Can’t even read the triangular inserts above the flippers. I’ve worked my way through the video options menu and have tried to change nearly everything in there and in the table editor, but can’t find any solution. Exported the playfield image files and viewed in Gimp, they look flawless and perfectly detailed. What am I missing? Thanks for any advice, Randy

Ark Malmeida
                              Participant
                                @arkmalmeida

Agreed with everyone else on how great this table looks and plays.  Just got it installed and I was giddy giving it a play through.  I can’t believe how lucky we all are to have such amazing looking tables coming out on a consistent basis!

These latest tables are awesome, but I’m having a minor issue. This table’s playfield (and Gilligans Island, I notice) seems to be slightly out of focus, a little blurred. Can’t even read the triangular inserts above the flippers. I’ve worked my way through the video options menu and have tried to change nearly everything in there and in the table editor, but can’t find any solution. Exported the playfield image files and viewed in Gimp, they look flawless and perfectly detailed. What am I missing? Thanks for any advice, Randy

You’ve probably already checked this, but do you have the ‘Unlimited’ radio button clicked under Max Texture Dimension?  I was suddenly seeing blurry playfields a while back and noticed that the 1024 button somehow got clicked there which was causing that problem.

Chaz
                                Participant
                                  @tophat

What a great game! Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

I do have a question regarding the upper flipper on the left side. If the flipper is extended when the ball is coming down, the ball will bounce off of the flipper.

However if I try to hit the ball when it’s in front of the flipper it appears the ball is going right through the flipper. My timing could be way off & I’m actually missing the ball. But I’ve played the VP9 version a lot & usually can hit the ball & get it to hit Rudy’s mouth. But with the VPX version I cannot even hit the ball with the upper flipper. It’s as if the flipper is not there.

Has anyone else noticed this or is my timing that far off?

robertms
                                  Participant
                                    @mophead

Wrd, absolutely f*****g brilliant!

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

Has anyone else noticed this or is my timing that far off?

It sounds like you have some input lag.

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

Chaz,

I agree. I believe there is a lag issue somewhere in your system. All I can suggest is to maybe dial down some settings. As I mentioned before, this table will require a better than average system. It is very heavy and packed with detail that will consume resources.

wrd1972
                                        Participant
                                          @wrd1972
                                          MembervipContributor

I have one remaining technical glitch that I cant seem to fix. Maybe someone here can figure it out for my next rev which will have some more fixes.

When Rudy goes to sleep and the GI lighting is dimmed. The GI lighting should remain dimmed until the ball is hit into Rudy’s mouth to begin Midnight Multi-ball.  For some strange reason, the GI lighting wants to brighten up to normal levels at random times. Again, the lighting should NOT brighten up until the ball enters Rudy’s mouth.

If someone can figure this out, the table will hopefully be 100% technically accurate to my real Funhouse pinball and I would be very appreciative. Again, glad you guys are enjoying it. It plays as close to the real thing as it can.

Thanks.

nFozzy
                                          Participant
                                            @nfozzy

It’s not atypical, WPCs seem to flicker a lot when they fade.

On Scared Stiff I made the GI fade between levels, which helps. It gets tricky with texture and LUT swapping between GI levels though.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 460 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?