Introductions

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 246 total)
  • Author
    Itchigo
    Participant
      @itchigo

I have a link at Roguepinball.com too. Left side of the page “Our Affiliates”. :good:

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Hi guys, been playing around with VP many years now and have been playing pinball and arcade games since I was a little boy. Last year I had some spare time on my hands and after building my arcarde cab in 2013 I really wanted a full size pinball cabinet to complete my work :). Still enjoying both cabinets for at least 2-3 times a weeks.

For starters this is a great site and this seems like the place the be for VPX developments. I would like to take a moment and thank everyone who is working so hard in contributing to this great community and this new site is a nice addition to the ever growing community!

Looking forward to all the interesting forum topics. I’m based in The Netherlands and if someone is looking for local support on building/config their cabinet don’t hesitate to contact me :yahoo:

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Nice cab! glad to have you aboard! :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Wolverine
          Participant
            @wolverine

Hi there,

since i saw the illuminati Sign from Itchigo, i knew that one was missing for me … so here i am :bye:

In my childhood i played many Bally and Williams Tables (1970s), but now i only play them in front of my Monitors (2). I Use VP and FP and VPMan as Frontend. Since i have my second Monitor not for so long, i grab every Table with Backglas-Support that i am able to find. It is really more Fun if there is a Backglas on the second Monitor ;)

Greetings

Wolverine

Sneetch
            Participant
              @sneetch

Well hello there! Stumbled across this site and low and behold I recognize many of the folks here! Of course I had to sign up too. Still learning all the ropes and getting my cab done but loving every minute of it (even the head scratch moments).

Long live Vpinball.com! :yahoo:

Itchigo
              Participant
                @itchigo

Hi there,

since i saw the illuminati Sign from Itchigo,

Wolverine

It’s our secret sign….

Hey Randr! You know the arcade pic you have when you login? That’s the same one I had at my old site!!
                http://timpinball.freeforums.net/

(Don’t join, it’s a dead site. Rogue version 1).

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

Ben Logan2
                Participant
                  @benlogan2

Great site, Randr! Thanks for hosting. Some real gems to be found here. Totally appreciate you guys.

:D

Zeb
                  Participant
                    @zebulon

Hi I’m zeb and I’m a pinballholic. It’s been 12hrs since I played my last pinball game and I’m finding it really hard to stay focused. My counsellor suggested that I try this help forum to help me get control of my pinballism and I’d like to say how great it is to be with others and get the support from those with the same affliction. :mail:

I know so little about everything that I could tell you all there is to know about nothing

Itchigo
                    Participant
                      @itchigo

(In a monotone droll) Hi Zeb….

12 hours?! How’d you go so long? :wacko:

imagamejunky
                      Participant
                        @imagamejunky

What’s up guys!
                        I recently was introduced to this site (thanks Fulltilt!). I’m loving it! Great job.
                        I will contribute when and if I can. Hopefully I can give back to this great emulation community that has given me so much help and information.
                        A little about me..
                        I’ve been at this pinball/emulation/video game hobby for a while. I don’t have all the answers, but I know a few tricks ;) I’ve learned A LOT by trial an error. I’m pretty familiar with Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, PinballX, Hyperspin, RocketLauncher, Mame, and Various other Emulators. I’ve custom built my own Virtual Pinball Cab and a 4-Player Arcade Emulator Cab. And a Racing Sim rig (although the only thing custom in this is the high end PC).
                        I used to own many real pins and arcade machines and I sold them all, STUPID STUPID STUPID!!
                        Feel free to contact me.
                        Check out my youtube channel in my sig.

Junky

My youtube channel
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85zq3VgibnPTOkielbyReg

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Nice cabs! nice to have you here! :good:

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

Denzel
                          Participant
                            @zwylde

Hi all,

I’ve been visiting this site for i think for a couple of months now, so thought it was time to comment within this post.

Based in the U.K, fairly recently I got back in to Pinball, after dabbling with Visual Pinball years ago and more recently playing PA and Pinball FX.

Managed to pick up a modest scratch built Pincab a few months back after finally having the space to own one.
                            The cab isn’t super flash; 30/32″ play frield monitor with I believe a 17″ back glass monitor – no side art or solonoids – fairly old (dual core i think) pc inside, which runs Pinball FX, VP9&Physmod fine, but struggles with VPX.
                            Not much to look at, but I’ve become very attached to it already:)

When I bought the cab, it was full of Future pinball tables and wasn’t very fun to play (even after trying to mess with physics etc) and had the HyperPin front end.
                            I’ve now put a lot of time in, installing Pinball X (have been a fan of Game Ex for a while, as I’m a big fan of MAME), a lot of Visual Pinball tables and also Pinball FX (which surprisingly runs great).
                            I still spend time adding more VP tables and love it.

I’ve also been messing a bit with VPX tables using the more powerful PC i use for day to day stuff – would love to hook up that PC to my cab, but don’t have experience with wiring everything up inside my cab and don’t want to risk breaking it….

The tables I’ve played most so far (to name a few) are:
                            Attack from Mars
                            Monster Bash
                            TAF
                            TOM
                            Metallica (been a big ‘tallica fan for years)
                            M Madness
                            Indiana Jones (Williams)
                            Judge Dredd
                            Twilight Zone

I really appreciate all the work the table authors put in to these tables; a big thank you.

Since getting my cab, I’ve been seeking out real pins again (pretty scarce over here in the U.K) and even looking for pins when I’ve gone somewhere on holiday.

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Glad to have you as a member! Welcome! :)

for IOS and Android

Denzel
                              Participant
                                @zwylde

Thanks man :good:
                                I will upload a few pics of my cab soon.

As some point I’d like to learn a bit about building controls etc so that I can attempt maybe a table top pincab, however for now I’m happy to use a “ghetto” set up for playing VPX tables using my more modern pc, a flat screen tv, monitor for back glass and an X arcade stick for controls.

tallguy
                                Participant
                                  @tallguy

I’ve been lurking on vpforums for at least 5 years, and just found this site today wheile searching for a backglass. vpuniverse was down today (still down now), so I search via Google and found vpinball.com. Looks great!

One comment in this thread (VP is a hobby, not a business) doesn’t sit 100% right with me. I think it’s great that people have “productized” some aspect of VP, and made their talents available to the community. For example, I sincerely appreciate Zebsboards because it saved me a boatload of trial+error (and probably burning down the house), Brad Bowman’s decal printing, and others in the marketplace.

Just my 2c.

jaans
                                  Participant
                                    @jaans

I recently had the idea to build my own virtual pinball cabinet. I have played VP in desktop mode some years ago and checked how the VP scene is doing these days (which is very well it seems :)) and found this site. Due to space restrictions I am planning to do a tabletop cabinet without backglass (but with separate DMD display). As you can see from the attachment I still have a lot to do, but I can already play using keyboard so that’s something :)

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

I’ve been lurking on vpforums for at least 5 years, and just found this site today wheile searching for a backglass. vpuniverse was down today (still down now), so I search via Google and found vpinball.com. Looks great!

One comment in this thread (VP is a hobby, not a business) doesn’t sit 100% right with me. I think it’s great that people have “productized” some aspect of VP, and made their talents available to the community. For example, I sincerely appreciate Zebsboards because it saved me a boatload of trial+error (and probably burning down the house), Brad Bowman’s decal printing, and others in the marketplace.

Just my 2c.

Zeb has great products! As does brad bowman! Noah at VPF makes a great cabinet and so does VP Cabs! Glad to have you as a member here also!

I recently had the idea to build my own virtual pinball cabinet. I have played VP in desktop mode some years ago and checked how the VP scene is doing these days (which is very well it seems :)) and found this site. Due to space restrictions I am planning to do a tabletop cabinet without backglass (but with separate DMD display). As you can see from the attachment I still have a lot to do, but I can already play using keyboard so that’s something :)

Nice start to your cabinet! welcome! :good:

for IOS and Android

Court
                                      Participant
                                        @court461

Hey, just found this site. Looks great! I am in Tulsa, OK. Built a pincab last year, but work and life got in the way a bit. Getting back into it, and found this site when looking for VPX resources. I see a lot of names that I have learned much from on the other forums. Thanks for putting this site up.

I have a build thread on VPF, but here are a few pics. Art by Stuzza.

photo DBB5A959-0CA7-41FC-8A60-1BA67C3DDF3E.jpg

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

I remember this build! Love the design! Glad you found this site we are still a new site so content is less then others but hoping that will get better with time. Did you find what you were looking for “vpx resources”? Let us know

for IOS and Android

Court
                                          Participant
                                            @court461

I remember this build! Love the design! Glad you found this site we are still a new site so content is less then others but hoping that will get better with time. Did you find what you were looking for “vpx resources”? Let us know

I did, specifically was looking for the VPX Metallica table. Have not got it running yet, having ROM issues, but the rest of the VPX tables I found here working great.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 246 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?