Paragon (1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

oh… that is a girl?  I mean, chin down sure, but…  thought maybe it was a Six Million Dollar Man mash up! :wacko:

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

oh… that is a girl? I mean, chin down sure, but… thought maybe it was a Six Million Dollar Man mash up! :wacko:

LOL. Wish they would have stayed on model with the woman on the backglass or playfield. Maybe I can release this with a mod option…

bord
          @bord

Build out in Blender is done. Now lots of rendering and baking before bringing it together in VPX.

Screen-Shot-2017-11-01-at-7.27.21-AM

1 user thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Looks fantastic! great work.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

bord
              @bord

Updated to v.2.0. @Hauntfreaks sent me a version with updated color/lighting/materials and it really got me going on an update. I added new meshes just about everywhere, new shadows, physics, plastics, Fastflips… This is a pretty major upgrade. Hope you enjoy it.

Paragon (Bally 1978)

Paragon2

Attachments:
              10 users thanked author for this post.
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Haunt is really helping make these table look great! Thanks haunt! And thanks bord for the update :good:

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

I think Paragon was really well done already. So, a promise of an improvement is exciting news. Thank you so much Bord and Hauntfreaks. :rose:

Hitting the showers, then it is time to enjoy this, JP’ new release and having a look at the newly shared palette files from VPU.

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Hauntfreaks is the Updater of the Year :good:
                    Really love this visual Upgrades, always Looks like VPX V2 :) … also the Size at this – would love to see this also at “Genie:heart:
                    Thanks bord, thanks again Haunt … let’s Play on this Sunday :bye:
                    Can’t wait for your next Trio … :rose:

Sven34
                    Participant
                      @sven34

Thank you bord for Paragon tabel  :yahoo:

Bob Albright
                      Participant
                        @bobalbright

Thank you…nice upgrade from v1. Fun table, and you’re right…difficult.  Very hard to get that 5x multiplier

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Bob Albright
                        Participant
                          @bobalbright

Thank you.  Much improved over version 1.  It kicks my ass…tough to get the 5x multiplier

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Played the updated table quite a lot today. Love everything about it.

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

CANT wait to try this new version out.  paragon is one of my fav early 80’s pins (that backgkass, the variety of shots for a pin of that era).  Many thanks

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Freaking awesome build!  Love it!  Plays very nice on top of the great looks.  Same line I use with my wife  :whistle:.

I do see some sticking of the ball coming out of the trough.  Had it stick solid and couldn’t nudge it out.  Haven’t had to use that one with the wife yet.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

bord
                                  @bord

Thanks, Pinfan45! The spacing on the table is a way to present extra widebody machines in their proper dimensions. Filling a monitor would stretch it beyond recognition. Space Invaders used the same technique.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Sizing is good.. as it should be. You wouldn’t play centipede arcade game stretch side to side and these tables look best sized like this. Thanks for the update

********************************************************
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robertms
                                    Participant
                                      @mophead

Absolutely stunning update guys, just gorgeous. Love the physics improvements, this table might be a beast but it is a BLAST to play now. Many thanks!

bord
                                        @bord

Freaking awesome build! Love it! Plays very nice on top of the great looks. Same line I use with my wife :whistle:. I do see some sticking of the ball coming out of the trough. Had it stick solid and couldn’t nudge it out. Haven’t had to use that one with the wife yet.

Thanks, man. I’ll take a good look at it this week.

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

Thank you both for the update and the additional work you put into it.
                                          Now I have plans for after work today.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

Ok, I played about 40 games earlier today, here are my feelings and opinions on this release:

Now I’m a fan of the real table, which happens to be one of the hardest pins of its era (late 70’s).  The game has an epic art package, one of the best in pinball history, but it also has huge personality that IMHO helps to elevate the art.  “Golden Cliffs”, “Beast’ Lair”, “Valley of Demons”, the devilish bottom right flippers, the scanning PARAGON lights, the advanced bonus spinner, the waterfall area.  All parts of the pin you can see at a glance that have a story to tell, that makes you want to explore, and when you figure it out, know what you have to avoid if you want any success.  So is it all just beauty (the art) and the beast (the gameplay)?  NO!  Along with the aesthetics, this game is superbly designed to reward the player who understands that ball control and flipper aiming are paramount and this game will reward players who can master these two facets of pinball.

Ok, so the REAL table is a godsend, a masterful classic pin, but can the same be said about this new virtual version?  Well, any great virtual translation HAS to be hard as nails too, just like the real pin but hard for the right reason.  IE: ball control and flipper aiming needs to be good and I believe this new version has nailed this perfectly.  You are accurate?  You get points. You miss shots?  You pay the price!  So what specifically has this version done so well?

• On a real pin, the two top saucers will often lip (that’s how real physics are) and this version simulates this well
                                            • Getting the bonus multiplier is one of the main goal on the real table and hitting them is very rewarding… and this virtual version is no different
                                            • hitting the center bonus target can lead to drains, and this version is no different
                                            • The Beast’ Lair is evil and leads to drains, and this version is no different
                                            • The art package on the real table is one of the top in HISTORY of pinball, and this version is no different
                                            • Unless you are a pinball wizard, typical games are less then 100K on a 3 ball setup… and this version is no different

Keep the ball in the left saucer area, get the multiplier up to 5X (good luck!), keep away from the center target and the beast lair and just like the real table, you will score well.  So hurrah, an excellent but is everything perfect?  With the dozen’s of games I’ve played, the only thing I can see that needs adjustment is the right orbit to the Paragon saucer at the top right, too often the ball seems to hit something and doesn’t go through the gate, instead coming back down. On the real paragon, the ball goes through the game into the top two saucers area (depending on how hard is the shot).  I think I’ve hit 3 shots in 40 games that made it through the gate, though keep in mind, I didn’t actually try that shot 100 times but I’d say 3 successful shots, 20 failures?  Note that I’ve done no adjustment to the table itself, so it should work.  Version 1 of this table used to do this shot well, I don’t recall it bouncing it’s way back down.

Here’s a vid of the real table, go to 19.50 to see the shots to the right orbit

Anyway that’s about it, one little recommendation and a whole lot of admiration for an epic game and an amazing showcase of a pin from that era.  If anyone feels this pin is too hard, then set it to 5 balls but understand this is EXACTLY how the real pin plays: hard, brutal, merciless and when you finally hit your shots, mother fucking rewarding beyond belief.  This IS Pinball at it’s finest.

Bord and all authors that have assisted with this table, my sincere thanks.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 155 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?