SLAMT1LT has unlocked secrets to Future Pinball's physics

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Interesting post on SLAMT1LT’s website….

NEWS FLASH!  I’ve finally unlocked the secret to Future Pinball’s physics.  After studying real pinball and taking calculated notes, I’ve managed to perfect Future Pinball’s physics…finally. And I say with complete conviction that Future Pinball’s physics are now the BEST physics in any simulation.  Just to make sure I played Pinball Arcade, Zen and VP and all are poor in comparison:  Too easy, no jumps, no realistic ball spin –  Just sanitised, video gamey nonsense, with all the imperfections that make pinball so wild removed.  Future Pinball is now as close to the real thing as there is (but still miles away.)   “Bullshit!” I hear you cry.  Nope.  Of course,  these new settings only work on tables built to absolute measurements.

​

All my games will now be upgraded to ‘ULTIMATE Pro’ editions: Advanced lighting, advanced physics, advanced geometry.  My ULTIMATE editions are still ok, but an ULTIMATE Pro upgrade will take them to a whole new level.   Indiana Jones will be the first ULTIMATE Pro edition game to be produced.

If this is true, I think it’s great! However we can’t try it out if he doesn’t release tables anymore. Hopefully he will create the FP video tutorials he mentioned and show how this can be done (using the newest features in BAM I assume).

2 users thanked author for this post.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Umm… I’ll believe it when I see it. I hope it’s half as good as he says

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

Terry and other news?… (nudge nudge , wink wink)

TerryRed
            @terryred

Terry and other news?… (nudge nudge , wink wink)

Sadly, no. I also would like some answers…

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Doesn’t Slamtilt work for Heighway Pinball (or whomever Heighway sold their company to)? Seems to lend some weight to his claim. Hope it’s true. It’d take a major overhaul to catch up with VP physics imo, but so many FP tables sure look nice.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I would be happy to learn that all my FP bashing is over. But, until proven otherwise it sounds like a 1. April post to me.

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

I agree. Future Pinball has the best physics in virtual pinball. Slamtilts discovery will only widen the physics gap between FP and the far inferior VP that everyone is so high on.

Punch it!

STAT
                  Participant
                    @stefanaustria
                    MemberContributor

Sounds good, but always i miss ROM Support …

Sven34
                    Participant
                      @sven34

Slamt1lt ( Russel Speak) says VP is not Good In a message. I says VP is Good  :good:

RustyCardores
                        @rustycardores
                        MemberModerator

Did I miss ‘World Opposite Day’ again?  :-(

!regguB

rothbauerw
                          @rothbauerw
                          ModeratorContributorMembervip

Unless he’s rewritten the physics engine, I’m not buying it.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Yeah ive always thought the engine FP used is the issue and no patch will really be a game changer unless its totally updated to new engine. I would love to se FP with playable physics so i will keep my fingers crossed

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                              @hauntfreaks
                              vipContributorMember

I look at it like this… if this is true… its a great day for the awesome EM’s and Originals in FP… leave rom games to the system that can use them…..
                              just for these 3 alone it would be awesome news…

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Well I know BAM’s recent new features allow you to access the physics differently I believe….  but the key words in SLAM’s statement is:

Of course,  these new settings only work on tables built to absolute measurements.

Otherwords…older tables won’t magically play better (They will have to be updated.), but new tables that are built “correctly” using the proper physics settings, etc will play better.

Also, what one person thinks is better physics, another thinks is awful. If anyone is expecting FP with these new setting to play exactly like VP, that will never happen. It will still be different one way or another. He has been going on lately about recently updating BAM (he was using a very old copy of BAM still) and being blown away by all the new features, and being able to change flipper physics and other stuff…..

I also will believe it when I see it, and I hope one day to actually be able to play it. I agree with Haunt Freaks. I’m fine with VPX being the goto place for arcade reproductions and rom based games, but when I want something different or original I want alot of the great FP originals (and modded tables) to get that much needed physics upgrade…. at least with the flippers!  We already have the DOF upgrade (and hopefully addressable leds coming too!!!), we have VR support…. let us have new physics!

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

it really is the flippers more then anything with FP that need the work… the ball never come off the flippers like a real pin, shots that you would line up in real life never hit the spot on FP…. and I dont think its the measurements of the table thats doing it… you can feel when the ball leaves the flipper, it just isnt right….  I believe is “that” alone gets fixed… there might be an interest in FP

RustyCardores
                                    @rustycardores
                                    MemberModerator

highlander

Attachments:
                                    TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Hard to make a judgement from a video, but the flippers “seem” to be better…again have to try it to see for ourselves.

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw
                                        ModeratorContributorMembervip

Oh my!  Doesn’t look better than VPX but flippers do look better!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Agreed it does look better compared to normal fp. But playing one will be the proof I need and looking forward to trying it for sure! Ball still seems floaty but flippers seem much. Enter in the video  :good:

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

Agreed it does look better compared to normal fp. But playing one will be the proof I need and looking forward to trying it for sure! Ball still seems floaty but flippers seem much. Enter in the video :good:

I’ve seen others refer to FP’s ball as floaty… do you mean that it has no shadow, or it doesn’t seem to look like its rolling? (or both?)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 79 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?