The Wiggler (Bally 1967)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

I was looking online at old EM machines and I found one that looks like it would be fun to make and play.  It’s a Bally machine from 1967 called the Wiggler and it has lots of fun features, a cool theme and great artwork.  It shares a lot of design features with Capersville like multiball, zipper flippers, mushroom bumpers.  The problem is all that I have is a Wildman backglass image and three online videos of game play (no art, no rule set).

I wrote the the Pinball Museum in Ann Arbor Michigan (they have a machine) about a week and a half ago and they have not responded.  Does anyone know anything about this machine or have access to any artwork for it?

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

Here is my cobbled together rule set that I made from watching the three videos over and over again.

The Wiggler Rules Set

-Top roll over buttons light 200 point center lane when lit (what causes them to cycle?)

-Does the center lane 200 point bonus reset on drain?

-How many points are top roll overs worth if 200 point not lit?

-Bumpers look to always be lit, (worth 1 point?)

Wiggle Alley section

-Resets on each ball drain to all off

-Pill roll overs trigger scoring (how much are they worth if not lit?)

-Left yellow mushroom advances roll overs in the lane

-Gate open light at entrance always seems to be on in videos (is this correct?)

-One way gate at bottom

Saucer Captures

-What is the point value if entered? (top says 200, bottom says 100?)

-Released for multi ball by hitting blue center mushroom

-Balls stay captured from player to player

-Does Tilt kick these out like on Capersville?

-Per one video the Wiggle Jet Super Bonus on the backbox advances for

each ball kicked out of the saucers.  After 6 you get bonus (replay? EB?)

Mushrooms

-Left Yellow advances Wiggle Alley and Wigglesville (how does Wigglesville

advance? (100 -> 300 -> 500 -> 100?) Scores 100 points?

-Middle Blue kicks out saucers, (how many points does the mushroom score?) and zips flippers.  There is a light under it that says Flips-In WHEN LIT Flips-Out (what does this mean?)

-Right yellow mushroom unzips the flippers (and scores 100 points?)

Wigglesville

-Does roll over score the value indicated by the lights to the right?

-On the game at Ann Arbor there is no yellow plastic pin under WIgglesville

to protect the left outlane as on other tables online.  Is this a user mod?

Cattle Gate

-There is an OPENS GATE WHEN LIT roll over on the right side with an indicator

light.  What triggers the light?  There is also a “FREE BALL GATE open when lit”

Does this come on when the gate is open by the rollover button or is it triggered

by something else?

OutLanes

-Only the right out lane has a point value roll over, is Wigglesville the right out

lane roll over?

Slingshots

-What is the point value for the sling shots?

Drybonz
        Participant
          @drybonz

Looks like a good one.    :yes:

Micronaut
          Participant
            @micronaut

! oooh! the playfield looks great, hopefully this iniative go ahead, capersville and sea ray  like very much,

WED21
            Participant
              @wed21

There was a guy near me that was trying to sell one. It literally sat in his basement and he wouldn’t come off the price 3k for it!!! I imagine it’s still sitting there….

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

3k!? Yeah he still has it then!

but very cool table :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                Participant
                  @scottacus
                  MembervipContributor

I’ve tried cold contacting two people that have the machine via Pinside and have gotten no replies.  Does anyone out there have any connections to someone who can get me information on game play and photos of the game?

N3roflint
                  Participant
                    @n3roflint

Not sure if they are the same people you tried on Pinside but there are two people listed on Pinball Owners. Type “the wiggler” into the search box.

http://www.pinballowners.com/

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

The guy from England who I contacted on Pinside initially responded to my message about help with the rule set but has never gotten back to me.  This morning I took a break from working on Boomerang and spent a couple of hours pouring over the Wiggler schematics.  (Side comment, I hate that Pinside has no mechanism for notifying you if you have a message in your inbox.  It is a PIA to have to keep signing in to check for replies, thanks Randr for having that feature on this forum!).

Based on the schematics I was able to fill in all of the questions that I had about the rule set except for how the “Wigglesville” bonus is incremented.  There is a Wigglesville Unit on the schematic but there is no key for how it increments.  One would assume that it goes 100 -> 300 -> 500 but on watching videos this does not seem to be the case.  Having said that, videos are not great ways to determine a game’s rule set because there is no guarantee that the machine in the video is working properly in the first place!  From my experience with making the Bally “Sea Ray” and “Mariner” tables, I have seen that Bally sometimes uses a “randomizer” unit for incrementing bonuses.  This unit is nothing more than a rotating disc with a set pattern of bonus increments.  The key to figuring it out is to either see the disk rivet pattern in a photo or find a drawing of the disk in a manual.  Thus far no joy here.

At any rate I now have a full set of rules for the game (except for the Wigglesville section) which is a lot further along in the build process than I was yesterday…

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

Pinside sends me an email when I get a message. Must be a setting somewhere.

Keep plugging away!

Scottacus
                        Participant
                          @scottacus
                          MembervipContributor

Pieced together several playfield images, ran them through various perspecitive adjustments in PS and squared these up against various Bally playfields that I’ve made from the same time period to get a “best guess” playfield map.  Now I’m starting to populate the table before I commit the hours of time in drawing the final playfield in Inkscape.  This way I can play the game and tweak the placement of objects so that I only draw the playfield once.  At least that’s my hope.

Untitled

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Another small flipper table! Very cool to get this in such great builds :good:

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

Getting on with the tedious task of drawing the playfield in Inkscape based upon cobbled together images from the internet.  At least the playfield is very straightforward in a “pointy people” sort of way.

Wiggler-Inkscape

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Again i’m blown away that you take on these builds that need resources created.  :good:

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

He and Akiles as well ! :rose:

Loserman76
                                  Participant
                                    @loserman76
                                    vipMemberContributor

Hey – in case you are still looking to do this, a ton of images were dumped on Facebook for this table (if you aren’t on facebook, message me and I’ll send the ZIP to you). I’m pretty sure it was provided by the op of VPU so if you do use them, be sure to credit him.

-LM

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Thanks Jeff can you send me the zip?

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

Love the look/layout of this Wiggler table.  WEIRD…Capersville is a favorite of mine and I just now spotted that I’ve been playing the VP9 version.  Loaded up the X version and wow.  You guys are amazing.  So many tables from this era were cookie cutter.  Learning about these extremely well thought out tables has been a very fun learning experience.

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

Teamwork!

Loserman76
                                          Participant
                                            @loserman76
                                            vipMemberContributor

Oh and I’m betting you can ask him (Dazz at VPU) about getting any additional images as well as gameplay questions that the schematics don’t obviously show or make any sense with.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?