Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

How does the virtual versions play versus the real deal @aldiode?

I tempted to make a virtual version of this machine, I have so many left over arcade parts laying around already

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

time for a VPX… :evil grin:

ALDiode
        Participant
          @aldiode

How does the virtual versions play versus the real deal @aldiode? I tempted to make a virtual version of this machine, I have so many left over arcade parts laying around already

The VP version made by mfuegmann is very realistic. If I were going to build a virtual ICB cab, that is the way that I would go. Nothing beats the real thing of course.

AL

ALDiode
          Participant
            @aldiode

I’m going to keep looking would be much easier to do if I had my hands on one but should be fairly easy I think

Of course it would be easier, but where’s the fun in that?

The Loafer
            Participant
              @theloafer

Your original question: its not even close to an even trade so glad you aren’t doing it (and tell your wife to slap you behind the head for even considering it).

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I know but seems a hard machine to find! And I want/need one. Lmao

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                  @rothbauerw
                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

Let’s frame this question another way.  If someone offered you $3,500 cash for FT would you take it?  $4,000?  5,000?

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

I’ve not seen the insides of an ICB but it looks like they would be super easy and cheap to make.  I mean what’s the thing got in it other than a couple of joy sticks, pulleys, a couple of drive motors, sensors for the correct holes, a few seven segment displays and (for a modern version) a raspberry pi to keep track of balls and scoring?  There’s no plunger, pop bumpers, slings, targets, kickers, roll overs, fancy lighting, ramps, toys, expensive control boards…  Just compare that to BorgDog’s Nobs table and I think you’ll see that building one would be pretty easy in comparison.

If I wanted one I’d definitely build it, it would be a fun project and I doubt it would be close to even $1000.

TerryRed
                      @terryred
                      MemberContributorModerator

Yeah…ICB is one of the games that is awesome with two joysticks in a pincab!  ;)

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

There is one at the Hall of Fame Pinball in Las Vegas :).

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Ok to update this we are making one from scratch.

Aldiode will be providing me details to build my own :good:  Should be a fun project

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

bord
                            @bord
                            MembervipContributorModerator

You should keep a build log on the site. It is a project I’d be interested in eventually.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Looks like a fun build to do, need a bigger game room first though, still need to do laundry.  What you going to use to run it? Is it coded somewhere already that can interface with real hardware?  Thought I saw a real build somewhere sometime….

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

was hoping i could use a Arduino Mega but i have seen nothing available sketch wise. I have seen several people start a scratch build but never seen anything finished :negative:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

I did find this image in github with some code for what looks like rasberrypi. hmmmm

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Well ive always wanted a CNC so i ordered one today to cut the playfied out. I think it will make it much easier then by hand, plus i can make whatever i want down the road so well worth the money! FYI i could have bought 2 ICB by now if we are comparing cost! LOL!

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                    Participant
                                      @borgdog
                                      MemberContributorvip

Been thinking about buying a cnc router, which one did you get @randr?

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Yeah ive always wanted a CNC but figured they are cheap enough now and i will use it for many things wood, plastic, aluminum or even vinyl cutting.

Many to choose from but i decided on a fairly cheap Shapeoko XXL kit with cutting surface of 33’x33′ 3′-z should be plenty big for anything i would need and seems heavy enough to mill aluminum without to much trouble.

here is link

https://shop.carbide3d.com/collections/machines/products/shapeoko-xl-kit?variant=42721947334

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

what? you can’t do a pinball playfield in one pass!

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Lmao no! But the model I picked seemed best for the price still $2,000 is not cheap but way cheaper then what I almost got :wacko:

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?