big bang bar

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    ktmspark
    Participant
      @ktmspark

thanks i will try this ;)

trizonegb
      Participant
        @trizonegb

Everyone’s favorite uncle? plays great, looks fantastic, we all owe you a big thanks!

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

I dont have a problem playing the new version.  Table looks great thanks a bunch.    I was looking through the image manager to see how big the files are after you downsized them, plastics 5400x 12,290….after downsizing, holy crap

Blompottan
          Participant
            @blomman

Manny peoples favourite Capcom pinball. Never really played it but it’s about time by the looks. Just swap to B2S server an in the cab it goes! Looks fantastic and plays great! Thanks for all who was involved creating this table.

Cheers,

:good:

Blamer
            Participant
              @blamer

I’m having stuttering without the backglass, with the backglass is unplayable: left and right flippers stuck almost always

(RTX2070Super+ Ryzen3600)

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

Tried it both on the pincab and in VR yesterday. I played it in VR first and man was I blown away, everything looked so clear, playability was great, really no complaints at all.  Usually I find CK’s physics to be really good but the table can play a bit on the easy side but so far, I can’t complain at all here, some missed shots can punish you and that’s how it should be.  Stellar effort, thanks CK and UW!!!

On the pincab, I felt there was almost like a little more lag than usual in the flippers, but that could have been because I played it in VR first, which of course there is zero lag due to the low persistent screens.  I’ll try it some more but I did want to commend the POV selected. Some people don’t like the narrower top of the tables but IMHO it’s the only way to get really decent depth to the back of the table, and with a game like BBB, that’s a necessary thing. Well done!!!

marie
                Participant
                  @marie

The table looks and plays very nice!

However I am experiencing something strange with the ball shadow. It looks good at the whole table except on the lower left part on the playfield. Especially on the left lanes, there the bal lshadow turns white, it looks like the ball is highlighted.

Anyone else experiencing this or might have a hint what the cause can be?

The Loafer
                  Participant
                    @theloafer

Ohhh!  Thanks for the reminder Marie, this is a good point, the ball shadow issue is also extremely noticeable in VR too, I knew I forgot something!

forte
                    Participant
                      @forte

awesome job but the physics are really off? i can barely  make the main ramp shot, the flippers feel really weak, playing it  in my cab and pushing the buttons with full force the ball feels too heavy and slow, anybody with the same “problem”?  maybe the real table is like that, im using the latest vpx with the latest vpinmame

Looks fantastic but is too hard for my taste

vothar
                      Participant
                        @vothar

awesome job but the physics are really off? i can barely make the main ramp shot, the flippers feel really weak, playing it in my cab and pushing the buttons with full force the ball feels too heavy and slow, anybody with the same “problem”? maybe the real table is like that, im using the latest vpx with the latest vpinmame

Looks fantastic but is too hard for my taste

yep… same for me… i imported the whole physic from the last bigus mod based on the last jpsalas based on the last unclewilly before this one :P

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

WTF did you do ? Imported physics from bigus ? OMG – that is the last thing I would ever do !! There is nothing more sad, or should I say amusing seeing him posting mods where he says he he has fixed the physics and it plays better. I’ve done a couple of mods myself, and I will never ever use the word fixed for someone else’s work. I would maybe say. I’ve change the physics to something that pleases me more. But, never ever say fixed. That guy’s mods just ain’t worth it – except for operation thunder.

Just could not keep this rant locked down inside myself anymore.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Tom
                          JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

I got this version up and running on my 1080p setup and it has some dazzling lighting.  But I have to say that sheltemke’s recent release which I believe is U-willy and bigus based is the nicest playing version of this table I’ve come across yet.   The flippers are solid and schreibi’s inserts are really sweet.  So I’m assuming this newest release is more for the 4k crowd.  I’ll get there.  Doing some designs.  

robbo43
                            Participant
                              @robbo43

there is problems with the flippers : they still works even when you lost all your balls (end of play)

and the DOF of the flippers are still working when the flippers are deactivated between balls (when you lose a ball , you cant move the flippers but the solenoids still works)

I learned this from converting Airborne to VPX for fixing the flippers moving after ball loss (can’t comment on DOF/solenoids).

In the script after line 288 add the following on a new line:
                              SolCallback(51) = “GameOn”

Go to line 309(ish) replace:

Sub FFTimer_Timer()
                              If bsTrough.Balls = 4 or RightSlingshot.SlingshotStrength = 0 or BIPFF = 0 Then
                              GameOnFF = 0
                              else
                              GameOnFF = 1
                              end if
                              End Sub

With:

Sub GameOn(Enabled)
                              If Enabled Then
                              GameOnFF = 1
                              Else
                              GameOnFF = 0
                              End If
                              End Sub

Also don’t forget to go to line 92 and set UseSolenoids to =2 to enable fastflips.

Setting line 94 to UseSync=0 may improve performance in borderline cases

Cheers

Rob

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              KrakenByte
                              Participant
                                @krakenbyte

My old back glass doesn’t work. What is the recommended B2S file, is there any link, please? Thanks. :unsure:

You have to read back 1 comment for the solution.

Ups! Sorry! I didn’t read all the comments because I was sleepy… :wacko:
                                I’m awake now and it was fixed easily editing the script like LynnInDenver said too:

‘******************* Options ********************* ‘ DMD/Backglass Controller Setting Const cController = 3 ‘0=Use value defined in cController.txt, 1=VPinMAME, 2=UVP server, 3=B2S server, 4=B2S with DOF (disable VP mech sounds) dim blacklight : blacklight = True ‘chage it to False if you don’t want the blacklight during the neon flasher ‘*************************************************

It’s flashing full power again! B-)
                                Thank you! :good:

KrakenByte Kraken

sheltemke
                                Participant
                                  @sheltemke

I got this version up and running on my 1080p setup and it has some dazzling lighting. But I have to say that sheltemke’s recent release which I believe is U-willy and bigus based is the nicest playing version of this table I’ve come across yet. The flippers are solid and schreibi’s inserts are really sweet. 

I don’t think usually somebody who did mods speak against himself but i will. The physics is better with this version but as other said usesolenoids=2 would be set for fastflips. Try with that guys and you will can more easy hit the left ramp, however not that easier than my mod. But easier is not better on pinball…. I prefer this version on any way.

Let’s say about gameplay, the ball lock is a little buggy with “my” (it’s not my but i touched last time…) version i mean it’s sensitive for configurations, and sometimes(rarely but happens) the right middle solenoid “wall” not jump up in time so the ball go through the vertical ramp and not locks. Very rare but happens, not with this amazing masterpiece.

About Graphic Quality you must kidding…this one is sharper (you mentioned inserts just check the bottom left red triangle with the glass) and i not even mentioned the lights.

Also this based on a new playfield scan and apron.

This is the definitive version, believe me just set solenoids to 2 and the gameplay will be ok for you.

Of course i am happy you like my/bigus last touches don’t get me wrong, but if you want the best version no question this is it.

Different league…I think this is one of the absolute top tables now. Period.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                  vothar
                                  Participant
                                    @vothar

thanks for the table…

forte
                                    Participant
                                      @forte

i tried to lower the table slope but it only makes everything really slow, i like hard pinballs (medusa dracula), but when you cant even barely make the most easy shot in the table, something is wrong.

goldeneye its another example, superb graphics but gameplay is really frustrating,

and then you have tables like atfm from jp with only 15mb in size that  the gameplay and feel of the ball its outsanding.

again, just my 5 cents on this, maybe this is the creators vision or even the real table is really hard to play.

anyway, thanks to the creators!!

Badazzwi
                                      Participant
                                        @badazzwi

I’m very impressed with this table. Looks and plays great. Thank you to all involved for your hard work and thanks for sharing.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

lonchaney
                                        Participant
                                          @lonchaney

Thanks for your great work, I love it. :) Just one thing, am I the only one who have stuttering when the black light is on? I’m a little bit surprised since I do not have this kind of problem with any other tables, even on Knorr’s Cirqus Voltaire. I’m using the 2.4.1 version.

bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

The table looks and plays very nice!

However I am experiencing something strange with the ball shadow. It looks good at the whole table except on the lower left part on the playfield. Especially on the left lanes, there the bal lshadow turns white, it looks like the ball is highlighted.

Anyone else experiencing this or might have a hint what the cause can be?

@marie
                                            , this is a depth bias conflict that happens when using primitives for ball shadows. Best solution is to use flashers instead. You can just delete the primitives and copy/paste ball shadow flashers from PinBot, Star Light, etc. Just make sure the names match.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 90 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?