Boomerang (Bally 1974)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

Thanks for finding those for me!  It will be a little while before I can get back to Boomerang because I promised my wife that I would refinish the dining room table top and build her a sofa table after finishing up the Tropic Fun restoration.  I just brought up the sofa table from the workshop to see how it sizes out so this project should be done in a week or so…

20181002_122018

Drybonz
      Participant
        @drybonz

Nice table… I do a little woodworking myself sometimes… mostly learning.

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Thanks to the generosity of Editoy I now have hand drawn plastics for Boomerang so I finished up most of the table.  It’s been so long since I’ve worked on this so I’m going to have to test for a while to make sure that I was as far along with the script as I think I was.  I’ve sent it off to Bord who now owns a Cray computer or its Windows equivalent to work his Blender lighting magic.

Untitled

Attachments:
          1 user thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Great table just got better.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

bord
              @bord
              MembervipContributorModerator

Looks so great already!

Drybonz
              Participant
                @drybonz

Looking really good!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Very good indeed !

Scottacus
                  Participant
                    @scottacus
                    MembervipContributor

I really like the apron on this machine.  When I went to buy my Tropic Fun Table, the guy who was selling it had a “Flicker” table so I asked him to pull the glass and I shot tons of photos of it in hopes of making a Flicker Table for VP (Flicker is Boomerang with different art).  One of the side benefits was that I had great shots of the apron with the lockdown bar off so I stitched those together in Photoshop and used them here except for the plunger window area which was heavily shadowed.

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Cleaned a few things, added a spinner rod, working credit light and the proper plunger cover.

Untitled-2

Attachments:
                      woodguy32
                      Participant
                        @woodguy32

Amazing Table Scott,  Really dig the design and the wood Table is great also, being a builder of big Boxes that roll fast and hack on wood daily..lol

that added parts really make the design interest and really looking forward to playing it..

Thanks again ..

bord
                          @bord

boomerang_render

Rendered elements under way.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

amazing work. I almost hate it just because it’s so good! Almost lmao

seriously thanks for making some of the nicest tables we have for our cabs.

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

Scottacus
                            Participant
                              @scottacus
                              MembervipContributor

Wow, that really looks fantastic!

bord
                                @bord

I kinda hate it, too. It is hard to go from blender to VP because you can never make it look as good as it does with all the raytraced lighting. In the end you have to compromise in order to get any projects done at all. Pick the elements that need rendering the most and let VP halfass the rest. If you’re too picky you end up with vaporware like Pinbot.

Hopefully soon we’ll get a rendering engine with 3D lighting. I know we’re all hacking it together as best we can, devs included, so I can’t complain but it would be fun to play in a bigger sandbox.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Very true but is so cool what can be done as is. Top notch stuff and really setting up for future

for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

I kinda hate it, too. It is hard to go from blender to VP because you can never make it look as good as it does with all the raytraced lighting. In the end you have to compromise in order to get any projects done at all. Pick the elements that need rendering the most and let VP halfass the rest. If you’re too picky you end up with vaporware like Pinbot.

Hopefully soon we’ll get a rendering engine with 3D lighting. I know we’re all hacking it together as best we can, devs included, so I can’t complain but it would be fun to play in a bigger sandbox.

VP will eventually get to a fully 3D engine.  Just a matter of time.

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

VP will eventually get to a fully 3D engine. Just a matter of time.

…and prepare to rebuild all tables.   :wacko:

bord
                                        @bord

VP will eventually get to a fully 3D engine. Just a matter of time.

…and prepare to rebuild all tables. :wacko:

Every indication is that this is still years off. If 10.6 through 10.9 take the same amount of time as 10.1-10.5 no one will be rebuilding anything anytime soon. But when the time comes I have full 3D models of all my projects ready to go.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Bord that’s what I mean you are future proofing your builds doing the work now. Again great stuff

for IOS and Android

bord
                                            @bord

Lighting and shadows are rendered. Back to Scott.

This is really fun to play, BTW.

Attachments:
                                            3 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?