Clash, The (Original 2018)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Zagatto
    Participant
      @zagatto

Great retheme of a table! I have a question about the rock_enc rom for this table. There are 2 slingshots near the top of the table that don’t fire DOF solenoids. I checked the DOF config tool but I don’t see rock_enc listed as an option.

Is there a way to get these slingshot solenoids to fire using the rock_enc rom? Thanks.

Odd

There are some great wheel images available but this one makes me happy so it’s what I’m using.

A transparent background and it would look good.

Odd… the image has a transparent background on my system…
      Looking again, it seems I destroyed the transparency when I resized the image…
      I really miss owning Photoshop… I could make that do so many things… still learning various freeware programs and making mistakes along the way.

Now, I can’t find the original and I’ve learned the program I’m using (irfanview) doesn’t allow me to create a transparency channel…
      Back to the drawing board…

Scottacus
      Participant
        @scottacus
        MembervipContributor

Haven’t downloaded this yet but I have a feeling that:

“This is the only Table that matters”…

vogliadicane
        Participant
          @vogliadicane

Good work, I like the changes you did to the backglass. Works now for me btw (2 display setup).

Only, I’ll switch back to the b/w red stroked plastics of the previous version B-)

Onevox
          Participant
            @rooster

Voglidiacane, I went about dozen different ways on the plastics trying different color combinations. I kept feeling like the black and white was a bit too gratuitous for mood of the band and table. I wanted to use the photos but in a more punk way. I also wanted more GI effect coming through without the B&W getting washed out. I’ve been making tweaks to the PF and plastics since I posted the beta, minor fixes that bothered me. I think I’m close to an official release.

Onevox

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

What a great tribute! You did an outstanding job, the sound is great, the gfx are great and the rom mod is the icing on the cake :).

Scooby
              Participant
                @scooby

@scooby : Open up the tablemapping.xml file correction – directoutput*ini – copy the entry for the other rom and your done.

I don’t see a directoutput.ini in my dof config folder, but I have a tablemapping.xml. I see the table Rock with rom Rock for that table, but changing that doesn’t change the slingshots not firing.

I tried both the rock and rock_enc roms for this table with the same results with these 4 upper slingshots. I’m not sure if those slingshots were added in the DOF config tool. Do other people have these slingshots firing DOF?

Onevox
                Participant
                  @rooster

OK, all you monsters! I’ve updated the zip file with a some changes. Worth updating!

Onevox

Onevox
                  Participant
                    @rooster

Scooby, I’m not a DOF expert. I updated the “rock” ROM with undercab complex lighting and the “rock_enc” ROM picked it up. If someone knows if I need to add something to the script, I’ll be glad to do it. (I only have SSF and use DOF only for lighting effects.)

Onevox

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

4. Changed the left spinner SFX from the dominant Casbah laser beam to a simple beep, based on beta comments.

Damn it. I knew I should have said that I loved it. Never mind. I’m able to change it back.

Onevox
                      Participant
                        @rooster

Thalamus, you would have tipped the scales in favor of laser beam. (Maybe I’ll quietly sneak it back in on 1.2) Actually, I understood people’s concerns after playing about 15 games to test song randomness. I tried to lower the volume and change pitch a little but it lost it “Casbah” sound.

Onevox

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

Just a suggestion but I think one of the VPM devs on VPUniverse may add customs roms.  You may want to check with I think CarneyPriest over there?  That way people can still keep the rock encore rom as is and still add your table to the mix.

I have to say I’m not the biggest Clash fan but you did a great job with this table, the graphic touches seems perfect and the music suits it well.  Very well done!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Zagatto
                          Participant
                            @zagatto

Loving The Clash 3 wheel image you included with the final package.
                            Thank you again.

Dhaphaos
                            Participant
                              @dhaphaos

Thank you, thank you, thank you Onevox!! The Clash was a staple growing up in the 80’s. If I wanted to add a few of my personal favorite Clash tracks could I just rename them “CLSH19 , CLSH20” etc? How does the table randomize the song list?

Onevox
                              Participant
                                @rooster

Daphalos, There’s some sort of formula that Xenonph added to the script, and I’m not sure how it works, but it does. In the script you’ll see two sections that control songs. Just add lines (copy and paste the CLSH18 line) to both sections and change the song name to your new file. Then change the multiplier in the formula at the beginning of each section. So, if you add two songs, the multiplier goes from up by two. Remember that event “0” is song 1. Sorry, I’m not at my cab so I’m going by memory.

You also could just replace some of the songs in the music folder with your favorites, just use the same file name.

BTW: Deciding on songs was not easy. There were about 6 more I wanted in the rotation. (Kangaroo Court, Version City, Up in Heaven, Julie’s Been Working, Hateful, Armagideon Time, and Beautiful People. I still want Armagideon Time!) … But at 18 now, you would have to play 6 games to hear them all if the song selector doesn’t repeat. That feels like plenty to me. But it does repeat. I played 15 games to test and still didn’t hear 5 of the songs. But if you’re planning a marathon The Clash binge, add on!

Onevox

energumeno
                                Participant
                                  @energumeno

nice work. joe strummer now are playing this pinball.

MisterKai
                                  Participant
                                    @mrkai

This table is a gift. I am a HUUUUGE fan of TheClash, for decades…

Since you asked, I don’t see any scores on my real dmd with your modified rom. I will they it with the original and let you know.

This is the only table I’ve ever seen this on tho (latest dmddevice dlls out there, pindmd3)

toxie
                                    Participant
                                      @toxie
                                      VP DEVMember

Just a suggestion but I think one of the VPM devs on VPUniverse may add customs roms. You may want to check with I think CarneyPriest over there? That way people can still keep the rock encore rom as is and still add your table to the mix.

I will add the rom as a new set/clone named ‘clash’.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Onevox
                                      Participant
                                        @rooster

Awesome. Thanks. Let me know when I should change the ROM on my downloads.

Onevox

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

On the next Carny release it should be available.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

@rooster : http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=41003

So, that means clash.zip is official. Congratulations. And thanks Toxie and Carny.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 97 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?