Cross Town (Gottlieb 1966)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=132334

The last Gottlieb to feature a manual ball lift, Cross Town has great art and some fun features such as a scoring ladder that lights awards and a sliding subway door on the backglass.

Because this is a one player game, all five (or three) game balls are loaded into the ball lift trough at once. We worked really hard to get the trough and ball lift working as realistically as possible.

@Scottacus did all the scripting, menu and sound with his usual excellence and attention to accuracy. He went the extra mile to make sure “random” awards were lighting on the correct score reel position for each game variable. Changing number of balls and conservative/liberal post settings gives you real time results on the playfield. Really cool stuff.

Thanks to everyone who beta tested this project and to the Pinsiders that provided PF scans and tested features on a real Cross Town to ensure accuracy.

Requires 10.6 or higher. B2S included in the zip.

JR
      Participant
        @jfr1

Ha.  I had asked L-man about this a couple weeks ago.  I find the artwork reminiscent of Diner.  Very cool.  Thanks Bord and crew!!

ashleyb
        Participant
          @ashleyb

Yet another absolutely first class EM table from Bord.  Love the ball loading mech.  Thanks Bord, appreciated as always.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Wow again bord! Top notch build and another small flipper table to show off on the cab. Thank you!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

This is a very nice looking recreation @bord and @scottacus. Of course never played it in the wild and I don’t expect to be so lucky either. From what I expect this machine to play like, you’ve done a fantastic job. I noticed a small sound issue. It seems to me that only on a few of the balls, the chimes is actually working. I don’t have chimes in my cab so I run with dof off. It is often on the third ball that they kick in, but not always. I’ve swapped around a bit between 3 and 5 balls because the damn highscore is hard to beat ;) – Maybe it is related to that ?

Adolfo
              Participant
                @scorpion

Thank you Bord,

I am old and you make me very happy with  good old 50-60 pinballs

Scorpion

:yahoo:

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

thanks

Cross Town (Gottlieb 1966)

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Herweh
                  Participant
                    @herweh
                    vipMemberContributor

Wow, Bord, your tables are looking and playing so awesome. I love all of them!

Scottacus
                    Participant
                      @scottacus
                      MembervipContributor

Bord, thanks for letting me work on this one with you, always a pleasure.  This table wouldn’t be as accurate as it is if Bord didn’t fork out the cash to buy me a schematic for the table so that I could figure out all of the “random” outputs from the stepper units.  I really like the 3d ball trough that he put into this table.  I set up some sound routines for the ball rolls and drops in the trough that I think turned out pretty cool.  I also hid an easter egg in the table  B-)

@Thalamus
                      that is really a strange problem that you mention, This table has two bells in it, a small one in the head and a larger one in the cab far back left side.  There should be two bell sound files in the table that are called by the scoring routines.  I’ve not seen this issue on my cab and none of the testers did either.  Any idea what is going on?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Yeah. I can understand that this one is confusing. I’ll have a closer look later on and see if I can figure out why. But, just played 3 x 5 balls games. Not “extra” sound. Then a couple of 3 ball games and only on the last ball did I have the “extra” sound. And why do I quote “extra” ? I need to see if that is in fact the chimes or some other sound. But, I expect it to be. My setting is coin play, 3 or 5 balls, ball shadow on, difficult layout, chime unit off and surround sound.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

LOL. Thanks for the easter egg guys – gave me a small shock as I’ve turned the sound all the way up :)

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

@Scottacus : Sorry to alarm you. I was wrong. The chimes are working just fine. The issue is that chime1000 sound very different from a chime10. The chime10 is kind of muffled but the 1000 is clear as day. Just played a game where on the third ball the 1000 chimes became enabled and then it became clear at least to what is happening. Maybe the 10 sound just doesn’t come out very well on exciters ?! Is there any reason why the last ball should give me 1000 chimes and not the previous 2 ? Often last ball has double scoring on EM’s so – maybe that is it ?! But, that doesn’t rime either. I must have played near 30 games by now.

Update : Just have a couple of games where the 1000 chime is very active on only ball 2. I guess I have to look at the code more closely.

Oldschool4
                            Participant
                              @oldschool4

Thankyou Bord,@Scottacus and Beta testers. :good:

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

Nice one… thanks, guys.  This is one of those EM’s that always hangs about on the top 10 list at IPDB.  Really nice to have a good vpx version.    :good:

3rdaxis
                                Participant
                                  @3rdaxis
                                  MemberContributor

Beautiful table guys. I can’t want to give this table a go. Top shelf.  :good:

3rdaxis
                                  Participant
                                    @3rdaxis
                                    MemberContributor

Is this right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZiOqRfHAo&feature=youtu.be

Scottacus
                                    Participant
                                      @scottacus
                                      MembervipContributor

Interesting video 3rdaxis!

I’m running VP 10.6 Rev3684 32bit and all of the lane scoring works perfectly on my machine with the 1.0 version of Cross Town for both 50/5 for lit and unlit on the top targets as well as 50/10 for the out lanes.  Perhaps it has something to do with the version of VP you are running?

Gwen
                                      Participant
                                        @gwen

Beautiful work Bord!  Your tables are consistently amazing.

One question- is the backglass subway scene intentionally dark?

Gwen
                                        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

bord
                                          @bord

@3rdaxis, thanks for sharing. Can’t imagine what is going on there. Works fine on my system with the newest 10.6 beta.

bord
                                            @bord

Thanks, @gwen. The B2S is darker than normal for two reasons. I pushed it darker than normal since it has that lighted back plate that I wanted to highlight and also disguise the weak resolution of the image. The second reason is that I built it remotely and didn’t test on a calibrated monitor and it came out darker than I wanted. The thought of redoing all the snippets, including the door animation, made me want to throw my computer out the window so I left it. I really hate making EM backglasses.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?