Cuphead (D.Goblett & Co 2019)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    polt
    Participant
      @polt

great table! love the layout and what you did with the art.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jopp
      Participant
        @joppnl

Thank you for this beauty: great artwork, lovely play.

With V3 I do encounter a problem, related to the HS table.

First: although I did run V2 before, I deleted the high scoretable in dir user: CUPHEADVPX.txt (actually that was not the first thing I did but to make this story a little more understandable: let’s assume it)….

Now, without this HS.txt file table starts and the yellow sticky HS shows only 1 static HS, 75000 on player AAA, fine I guess.

After gameplay although the score is way lower then 75000 I’m asked to enter initials which I do and the yellow HS shows 5 HS entries: mine as being the #1 (it shows both score and name (this is remarkable) and the other 4 are ‘rolling by’ but score and name are blank.

This is so-far-so-good..but.

If I quit the game and return to it later the game won’t start up anymore: it gives an error “Type-mismatch ‘temp7’ ” in line 2138.

Now…looking into the CUPHEAD.txt HS file it shows that the initials have not been saved:

At this moment it is impossible to get the game started again.

The only thing to do is to delete the CUPHEADVPX.txt file, then it will start as described at the beginning of this story.

That is one thing, the other what I tested  is this:

I took my ‘old’ CUPHEADVPX.txt file and copied it into the user dir.
        It looks like this:
        ABC
        BCD
        CDE
        DEF
        EFG

Now the game will start but it still only show the value 75000 with initials AAA in the HS.
        Also during the first total gameplay it shows only this.

When the game ends and goes back to attract mode it starts showing the correct values and initials and it doesn’t show the 75000 AAA value anymore.

When exiting this game and do a restart it will behave the same, showing only 75000 AAA.

So I think there are 2 problems with the HS: first the not starting up and type mismatch and secondly the not showing of the HS values and replacing it with the fake 75000 AAA value.

Just 2 side-notes: it doesn’t matter if I quit onlythe table or quit table & VPX at all,  same behaviour and 2nd notice: using latest beta (3760)
        3rd: after the first game and putting in initials it IS possible to start a 2nd game. After this 2nd game I can fill in initials and it show them (also the first one),  but if I quit the game and restart it the game won’t start, same error only now the next value which has a type-mismatch (temp8)

Although it’s already a long story I’d like to give my input on 2 other things:

1): sound is great but (at least when using SSF) the flipper-sound is almost not hearable compared to the other sounds coming from ‘under’.  I solved it by exporting the flipper sounds from an other EMtable and re-import them, simple enough and now it’s in balance.

2) for me: it would be nice when the roll-over lights could be moved by pressing a flipper-button, I think it’s very,hard to complete the S-O-U-L lights, even once…

So far for now, thanks for bringing this game to us!

My favorite pinball machine?
        Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion....

Onevox
        Participant
          @rooster

I appreciate the detailed info. I will take a look at this. (I haven’t experienced this in my cab, but not sure I’ve paid as much attention to the HS as you have.)

There is a reason why I used a Loserman76 table/script as the basis for this. Cause I didn’t want to mess with the boilerplate stuff, including how high scores are saved. I may have changed/deleted/added something in the HS scoring process by accident. But all I thought I did between V2 and V3 is add some elasticity to rubbers.

You mention “yellow” sticky, are you not seeing the “From the Desk of King Dice” sticky? (Or was “yellow” just a generic speed up the story term?)

I will also listen to the flipper SFX, I don’t think I changed this from the L76 table I stripped and rebuilt.

Thanks again for the input. I’ll try find to figure out what’s going on this weekend.

If anyone wants to “chime” in, I’d appreciate it.

Pete

Onevox

Jopp
          Participant
            @joppnl

Thanks for having a look.

Yes, what I mean by the “yellow” is that yellow ‘sticky’  paper on the right lower right corner wher the High Scores are displayed.

Thanks!

Onevox
            Participant
              @rooster

I forgot that sticky is still yellow with the King Dice stuff on it. I picture it as being white for some reason.

Onevox

Onevox
              Participant
                @rooster

Well, I’m perplexed and don’t know enough to be helpful. This is my txt file and the next post will have a video of the post it. Seems like it working ok for me. FBDA6E83-087D-49ED-8AD7-DE3A766275E7

Onevox

Onevox
                Participant
                  @rooster

https://vimeo.com/361541397

Onevox

Jopp
                  Participant
                    @joppnl

Ok….

What – if:

– you delete this file (backup it first)

• start the table
                    • only play 1 game 1 player
                    • save the score by entering your initials
                    • exit the table
                    • restart it

Does that work?

Onevox
                    Participant
                      @rooster

It doesn’t. I tried a couple of different scenarios. I’ll see if I can get an answer. I’m not sure what causes the high scores to load on next game.

Onevox

boslaw
                      Participant
                        @boslaw

Great job with this table. The layout and artwork is very well done. I got on a great run tonight (over 148k points) but I noticed a few bugs:

1. I played one ball all the way through one song. The song did not repeat (I did follow the instructions on changing the time in the script). After about 15 more seconds, a new song started (still same ball). Then, I drained the ball and never got another song through the rest of my remaining balls.

2. A few times the ball jumped from the left side of the table all the way into the launch ball lane – I have no idea how it happened.

I’m running vpx10.6 beta 3760 on Win 7

Thanks again for a great table.

Onevox
                        Participant
                          @rooster

So cool that you got that high on the score. For the ball, I’ve never seen anything close to that. But I’m not sure I’m on the latest vpx version either. I can’t imagine how it would happen.

On the sound, I would guess it’s related to the song length calculations added to the script. IMPORTANT NOTE: My original “intervals” may not be correct when YOU add a song because I edited out some of the intros of songs to get to the fast parts quicker. The intervals on your songs need to be recalculated.

So in the case of my example in the OP: Case 1:PlayMusic”CupMusic2.mp3″:m02.enabled=true:m02.interval=230700

The “interval” determines when the song is over (in millisconds), not when the actual mp3 finishes playing. I’d check you intervals to make sure they match you actual song length. If you’d like to send me a link to your sound files, and your interval calculations, I’d be happy to check. So if I cut 15 seconds off the beginning of the song and you used my interval lengths, what you describe would make sense.

Glad you’re enjoying it. Fun to hear your score. I’m no where close.  Pete

Onevox

boslaw
                          Participant
                            @boslaw

Thanks for the reply. I made my own choices of songs from the soundtrack and calculated the intervals per your instructions (don’t have details with me at work). I did check to see how much blank space was in each mp3 after the song plays – it was minimal, so I didn’t worry about it. Everything seemed fine until I played a ball through a song, and then the music just stopped for the rest of the game. It was strange. I have no idea how to troubleshoot table scripts but if I can play long enough to trigger this to happen again I’ll try to look for causes.

Thanks again for posting this. I’ll be playing some more tonight   :good:

Onevox
                            Participant
                              @rooster

@jopp  I think I figured it out. Open table in edit view. There are three timers on the lower left PF (under the “apron”) next to a leftover “J” shaped wall. Click the middle one, should be “HighScoreTimer”  … click the “enabled” checkbox, and save. Close, open and launch game, and see if the high scores now save.

Onevox

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

20190929_232138

For the guy that doesn’t need anything…his GF gets him a Cuphead cup and…socks for bday.  Love it!!     and Mugman gets some props on the back of that cup.  Thanks again for this weird journey into Cuphead land Vox!

Jopp
                                Participant
                                  @joppnl

@jopp  I think I figured it out. Open table in edit view. There are three timers on the lower left PF (under the “apron”) next to a leftover “J” shaped wall. Click the middle one, should be “HighScoreTimer”  … click the “enabled” checkbox, and save. Close, open and launch game, and see if the high scores now save.

Hi Pete,

tried it this morning and I do think it’s a lot better….as long as you DO have a highscore txt file.

First time users will run into problems that the table gives the error I described earlier as with the argument invalid thing.

But as I came from V1.0 to 2.0 and now 3.0 I do have the cuphead.txt file correct and with the timer enabled it works way better.

For the final solution I think it’s in the script but so far it works for me, thanks for your concern and given solution!

Onevox
                                  Participant
                                    @rooster

Hi Pete,

tried it this morning and I do think it’s a lot better….as long as you DO have a highscore txt file.

First time users will run into problems that the table gives the error I described earlier as with the argument invalid thing.

But as I came from V1.0 to 2.0 and now 3.0 I do have the cuphead.txt file correct and with the timer enabled it works way better.

For the final solution I think it’s in the script but so far it works for me, thanks for your concern and given solution!

Wow. Sounds like a great GF. I see a Funko Pop collection in your future.

Onevox

Onevox
                                    Participant
                                      @rooster

@joppnl

I think I found the issue. Please try this version before I post it (ha! get it?) on vpinball. (Delete old txt file in user folder.) I also fixed the issue of the AAA 75000 displaying first when game loads.

I changed the default names so they’re more fun. And they let you know you can do more than initials.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lQ7M_FFx3Y13Yn0I4zm1OEDN8G0swXNS

Let me know if it solves the issue you were seeing. (When I delete the Cuphead  .txt file in my user folder, it creates a new one. I don’t see issues with the txt file not being re-created.)

Pete

Onevox

Jopp
                                      Participant
                                        @joppnl

Thank you for the update Pete!

Tested and PM sent  :good:

Shawn
                                        Participant
                                          @shawn

Ty it looks awesome !

shamauk
                                          Participant
                                            @shamauk

music ? no music in download? and game wont play without it.,

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?