Escape from the Lost World (Bally 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    Mlager8
    Participant
      @mlager8

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/escape-from-the-lost-world-bally-1987/

Proud to finally release Bally’s 1987 title, Escape From the Lost World. This table has been an absolute beast to bring to fruition and all started with Tom @armyaviation insisting we take this release over from a french team planning it over at pincabpassion. Tom has been an absolute machine and built the working table from the ground up and helping me all along the way with tons of advice and know-how which I would of never figured out alone, not to mention testing debugging, and troubleshooting.

Next I need to give a TON of credit to Scotty VH @scottt who owns the real table. He has taken literally hundreds and hundreds of photos which we used to create a scan of the table with photogrammetry, and has studiously been testing and reporting issues all along the entire build. With his help I think this table plays as close to the real thing as possible which of course is the ultimate goal.

@32assassin delivered BIG time with all the base code for this table including the VUK’s which were way more complicated than I thought.

@Bord @Thalamus @cyberpez and JPsalas all got us across the finish line with script work, testing, and great advice.

Also I completely lifted code for LUT cycling from flupper @philippe

There’s also a few members who supplied photography that I can’t remember since I’ve lost my message history, so sorry if I forgot to mention you.

I’d like to mention there are a few table options in the script:
      The Alt Bridge and Alt Ramp textures have less green GI light contribution and are probably a little closer to reality, but I shamelessly like the embellished versions that are default.

The cabinet glass is off by default because I think it’s distracting, but it’s included because this table is unique in that it’s the only machine to ever have artwork silk-screened right onto the glass. Give it a try for a truer representation of the real table.

Lastly I’ve added Fluppers LUT cycling code which can by cycled with the right magnasave button.  To some the table seemed way to dark in areas while others had no discernible issues, I believe it’s due to color space issues across tvs/monitors so 3 LUT’s are included that should serve most circumstances.

This has been an awesome learning experience and taken many months of work, so please do NOT mod without permission. Thanks all, I hope you enjoy!

Total of 84 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      DeathInc
      Participant
        @deathincclan

I have been waiting on this table.  Quietly watching the progress.  It looks great.  Nice job and Thank you!!!!

Shannon
        Participant
          @shannon1

I have been waiting for this pin since I first started this hobby, as I have never played the real table before. Thanks to the whole team for bringing us this table!

Mlager8
          Participant
            @mlager8

Thanks guys, I know it took forever. Hopefully lives up to the expectations!

4 users thanked author for this post.
            Joey Beaulieu
            Participant
              @godisnothere

:yahoo: :yahoo:   Great work!!! THis is soo beautiful..I never even saw this coming! Im soo exited! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

The Overlayer Slayer

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

Matt @mlager8, you have truly amazed me over the last few months taking this table to a whole new level.  Amazing job on this and it has truly been a pleasure working with you.

This was a really fun but horribly frustrating table.  There is a subway system built in for the accurate ball rolling sounds and feel.  The main level wasn’t that bad but adding in the second level and the third back ramp level, along with all the paths behind the table made it challenging to get it working.

I personally want to thank @32assassin for all of his help and help with all of my other scripting.  I have learned alot from him and all the other guys here.

Lastly, this table has a special place for me, we got some of the artwork and images from a guy named Ron in South Carolina.  He is an 80+ year old retired pin nut that i met on pinside who actually bought this table for $900 in Georgia when i passed up on it…ugh he sold it for $1900.  He has become a close friend that I talk to weekly now and he has since asked me to help him build a virtual pin because of this table.

Enjoy!! and please hit the like and thanks for Matt!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
                JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Got this up tonight just in time!  Now I have reason to pop open another beer.  Thanks guys.  Really looking forward to this.

sheltemke
                  Participant
                    @sheltemke

Mlager8 and Tom! Just tried now, going to work so i needed to hurry…but man what have you done? One of the most beautiful tables ever made in vpx i’m sure….

Oh god this will be a long day before i get home again and play this beauty.

Thank you so so much for your hard work guys!

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

call in sick @sheltemke.

irondragoon
                      Participant
                        @irondragoon

This looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it. Thank you for all the hard work!

I know the gray ramp to the upper left flipper is true to form. With the PC graphics it looks a little…artificial, like too perfect in color form.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks once again!

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

I’m not familiar with this table at all but if you haven’t found it yet @irondragoon  there’s an adjustment in the script for that bridge – line 13  and I like the alternate bronze option.

Crazy as heck table guys!!  Thanks for pulling this all together Matt and all the time you and your team spent.  Wow.  This is going to be fun learning.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          irondragoon
                          Participant
                            @irondragoon

Obvioulsy, I haven’t downloaded it yet. It really does look amazing!

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

I’m not familiar with this table at all but if you haven’t found it yet @irondragoon there’s an adjustment in the script for that bridge – line 13 and I like the alternate bronze option.

Crazy as heck table guys!! Thanks for pulling this all together Matt and all the time you and your team spent. Wow. This is going to be fun learning.

You’re correct JR, (and irondragoon) the bronze alt-bridge texture is way closer to what it actually looks like according to scotty vh who has the real table and supplied all the reference. I was just stubborn in liking my render and made it the default texture :)
                              It can easily be changed in the script options though as you’ve mentioned

4 users thanked author for this post.
                              makmak
                              Participant
                                @makmak

Grrr, how can I stand waiting until lunch,  i have to go work now??? Looks awesome guys, you are nuts, giving so much effort for underground(!) things ;-)

Thank you for giving us the chance to play this table!

edit: (ten minutes later) who cares, I am late today , just one game ;-)

makmak
                                Participant
                                  @makmak

five more minutes later: as, expected, this plays and looks fabulous!, great layout Bally created here and top simulation you did, as far as I can say after one game.

Is it intended? I have two balls, one after each other, coming back from the left outlane all the time. (Sry, I dont know the table)

– dudes, now I have to call my boss that I am sick for today…

Mlager8
                                  Participant
                                    @mlager8

five more minutes later: as, expected, this plays and looks fabulous!, great layout Bally created here and top simulation you did, as far as I can say after one game.

Is it intended? I have two balls, one after each other, coming back from the left outlane all the time. (Sry, I dont know the table)

– dudes, now I have to call my boss that I am sick for today…

Haha fuck it, sick day… yes the outlane launches a 2 ball multiball. You can also earn multiball through the rear VUK/dino door under the upper playfield

Rawnei
                                    Participant
                                      @rawn303

This looks really cool! Love the graphics on this table.

Zedixair
                                      Participant
                                        @zedixair

Fantastic work, thank you to all people involved in this release !

STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

Hey Guys, thanks for this super Table,
                                          Matt, Tom, 32assassin, Scotty, bord, Thalamus, JP, cyberpez … :good:

I only located one 8K Image, what i resized ;-) … and i prefer the “Bronce” Ramp :good:

German Players, don’t Forget, there is also a German ROM available, but just the Text, not Audio.

IMG_20200526_101533 IMG_20200526_101712

ebor
                                          Participant
                                            @ebor

Hi,
                                            First of all, congratulations to the authors of this magnificent table. A gameplay totally different from what we usually see on others :yes:
                                            I’ve played a few games and I have a bug. I couldn’t make a screenshot but the ball got stuck above the top red bumper. I couldn’t even move the pinball machine to get out of it. At the same time there was a continuous sound, as if the bumper was making a continuous noise. :scratch:
                                            I had to leave the table with ALT+F4.
                                            I don’t know if it’s an exceptional problem or not.

Attachments:
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 153 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?