FX3 SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) PuP-Packs

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

V1.1

-included COMPLETED FX3 SSF PuP-Packs from sebbe1985

-added Eldorado, Epic Quest, Iron Man, Pasha to “Default” and “All Triggers” PuP-Packs

-SSF PuP-Packs for all DOFLinx FX3 Table configs supported by DOFLinx 6.40

Note: My updated *.FX3 files (for PUP SSF) for Eldorado, Epic Quest, Iron Man, and Pasha have been submitted to DDH69 to be included with DOFLinx. Once he adds those into the DOFLinx download, then those tables are good to go for anyone to update the ALL Triggers PuP-Packs to make them COMPLETED.

Yes @sebbe1985 Epic Quest is almost here. Just watch for an update to DOFLinx that notes the PUP SSF config has been included…or if I’m given something from DDH69 in the meantime to share. I’ll keep everyone posted here.

sebbe1985
      Participant
        @sebbe1985

Thanks Terry! Looking forward to play Epic Quest with full SSF support!

TerryRed
          @terryred

Thanks Terry! Looking forward to play Epic Quest with full SSF support!

Here you go…the new *.FX3 files for those tables can be found here on the 2nd post. Make sure you update to DOFLinx 6.40 first, and then copy over those *.FX3 files to your FX3_PUPlayer folder.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40773#entry412137

grendelrt
          Participant
            @grendelrt

Are the ball rolling sounds missing? I have been playing Hercules and in the PUP folder I see Ball Rolling audio files, but I do not hear it during play? Bumpers, flippers, etc all are working awesome =)

TerryRed
              @terryred

Are the ball rolling sounds missing? I have been playing Hercules and in the PUP folder I see Ball Rolling audio files, but I do not hear it during play? Bumpers, flippers, etc all are working awesome =)

1st. You install the DEFAULT PuP-Packs first. These do not have anything extra….just flipper,sling,bumpers,drain,nudge.

Then you can install the COMPLETED PuP-Packs (for what tables are completed) and overwrite the files you installed from the DEFAULT PuP-Packs.

This isn’t like VPX…so you won’t get Ball Rolling for each table,etc… Some of the Completed packs will have it, some won’t. We can only work from whatever triggers are available for the table from DOFLinx.

Hercules has Ball Rolling in the Completed Pack. You may need to lower your other FX3 sounds to hear it,etc..

grendelrt
              Participant
                @grendelrt

Yeah I installed the default first, then the complete packs. I tried lowering all the volume, didn’t realize it was tied to the ramps and alleys, I can hear it now. I was thinking it was more like VPX, but it makes sense since its based on the triggers in the area. Thanks!

sebbe1985
                Participant
                  @sebbe1985

Attached is the complete SSF pack for Epic Quest (Looter)

Attachments:
                  2 users thanked author for this post.
                  TerryRed
                    @terryred

Attached is the complete SSF pack for Epic Quest (Looter)

Thanks!

Now added to the COMPLETED SSF PuP-Packs!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    TerryRed
                      @terryred

NOTE: if you only have SSF on your cabinet and no other hardware, then you will need a copy of directoutputconfig.ini for DOFLinx to use. This is normally generated by DOF Config Tool, but if you don’t have any cabinet hardware for DOF then you can’t generate that file. I have included my own example file for you to use if you need it. Simply copy the “config” folder from the “directoutputconfig (for SSF only users).zip” file to your DirectOutput folder.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

V1.16

– added Williams Vol 1 and Vol 2 (AFM, Black Rose, PartyZone, Fish Tales, Getaway, Junkyard, Medieval Madness), X-Men, Driods, Han Solo, V12 Wild West Rampage, to “Default” and “All Triggers” PuP-Packs

-ALL DOFLinx FX3 Table configs supported by DOFLinx 6.52

– added a directoutputconfig.ini file (needed for DOFLinx) for those who have only SSF in their cabinet, and no DOF hardware for feedback and lighting

Please note: that I just uploaded my updated FX3 cfg files to DDH69 for him to add to DOFLinx. So look out for a newer version (current version is 6.52) to be released shortly that includes those files needed for the newer tables and cfg files. It’s possible they may still work with the default SSF PuP-Pack anyway…but if they don’t…and other tables work fine…then look out for the next version to come out soon.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

How to Add “fake” key/button triggered SSF Flippers to ALL programs via DOFLinx and Pinup Player:

This REQUIRES DOFLinx 6.52 or higher, Pinup Player, and the “FX3_PuP_SSF” PuP-Pack!

Here is a solution to give you simple “key/button” controlled SSF Flippers with DOFLinx and PuP. All this will do is allow for your keys or buttons to trigger the left and right SSF flippers in the “FX3_PUP_SSF” PuP-Pack.

Why would I want this?

When DOFLinx has no DOF support for a program, or it cannot create a link to FP or FX3, then this will give you SSF Flippers each time you press your flipper button / key.

How it works:

(First we will add this “fake” SSF flipper function to DOFLinx.ini)

When you run FX3 or FP (or anything else you configured as wakeup programs for DOFLinx), and DOFLinx cannot establish a LINK (which only works for DOFLinx supported FP tables, or DOFLinx.exe that works with updated FX3.exe)….

Then DOFLinx will timeout and fallback to it’s native “key to output” type of function (which will now include the key/button to SSF Flippers). This will stay active while the “wakeup” program is running. Once that program closes, DOFLinx goes back to sleep.

Keep in mind this “fake key/button controlled SSF flipper” action will also be used even if FP or FX3 supported tables create a LINK…so you will get fake flippers even if you don’t need it in those cases (since the table controls the triggering of SSF).

How to make it work:

Add this to the bottom of your DOFLinx.ini file. (make sure you have a couple of blanks lines) 

DELAY_BETWEEN_KEY_PRESS=50

FF_PUP_INIT=FX3_PUP_SSF

KEY_TO_PUP_EVENT=A0,E101,1,E103,1,X1LS,E101,1,E103,1,A1,E102,1,E104,1,X1RS,E102,1,E104,1

(This can always be disabled later by commenting out the lines in DOFLinx.ini with #)

You WILL need to change the hex key code or gamepad code (on the KEY_TO_PUPEVENT line) to what you use to control your flippers. This above entry example is configured to use Left Shift (A0), Right Shift(A1), XBOX Left Shoulder button, XBOX Right Shoulder button for the PuP-Pack’s SSF Flippers.

The command format and parameters

KEY_TO_PUP_EVENT=Key/Button,(Down)DOF Trigger,(Down)Action,(Up)DOF Trigger,(Up)Action

For KEY_TO_PUP_EVENT, the Action Value must always be 1

Here are some example key/button hex codes you can use for reference. The keyboard hex code for keys is from:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx

*****XBOX GAMEPAD CODES: *****

# PLAYER 1 – GAMEPAD

# CODE | CONTROL
                          # ————————-
                          # X1DU | Dpad Up
                          # X1DD | Dpad Down
                          # X1DL | Dpad Left
                          # X1DR | Dpad Right
                          # X1ST | Start
                          # X1BK | Back
                          # X1LT | Left Thumb
                          # X1RT | Right Thumb
                          # X1LS | Left Shoulder
                          # X1RS | Right Shoulder
                          # X1A | A button
                          # X1B | B button
                          # X1X | X button
                          # X1Y | Y button

# PLAYER 2 – GAMEPAD

# CODE | CONTROL
                          # ————————-
                          # X2DU | Dpad Up
                          # X2DD | Dpad Down
                          # X2DL | Dpad Left
                          # X2DR | Dpad Right
                          # X2ST | Start
                          # X2BK | Back
                          # X2LT | Left Thumb
                          # X2RT | Right Thumb
                          # X2LS | Left Shoulder
                          # X2RS | Right Shoulder
                          # X2A | A button
                          # X2B | B button
                          # X2X | X button
                          # X2Y | Y button

#### KEYBOARD KEY CODES (MAME Default): ####

# PLAYER 1

# CODE | KEY | FUNCTION
                          # ————————————–
                          # 31 | 1 | P1 Start
                          # 35 | 5 | P1 Insert Coin
                          # A2 | Left Ctrl | P1 Button 1
                          # 12 | Alt | P1 Button 2
                          # 20 | Space | P1 Button 3
                          # A0 | Left Shift | P1 Button 4
                          # 5A | Z | P1 Button 5
                          # 58 | X | P1 Button 6
                          # 26 | Arrow Up | P1 Up
                          # 28 | Arrow Down | P1 Down
                          # 25 | Arrow Left | P1 Left
                          # 26 | Arrow Right | P1 Right

# PLAYER 2

# CODE | KEY | FUNCTION
                          # ————————————–
                          # 32 | 2 | P2 Start
                          # 36 | 6 | P2 Insert Coin
                          # 41 | A | P2 Button 1
                          # 53 | S | P2 Button 2
                          # 51 | Q | P2 Button 3
                          # 57 | W | P2 Button 4
                          # 52 | R | P2 Up
                          # 46 | F | P2 Down
                          # 44 | D | P2 Left
                          # 47 | G | P2 Right

TerryRed
                            @terryred

DOFLinx key/button controlled SSF Flippers using a SUP file instead of editing DOFLinx.ini:

…as a follow up to adding key/button controlled SSF Flippers…the other method you could also use, is to NOT have the SSF Flipper commands in DOFLinx.ini, but instead you can have your front-end of choice launch a DOFLinx SUP file (supplementary) that has the SSF commands instead.

Why would I want this instead of adding the commands to DOFLinx.ini?

This may be preferred if you only want the SSF Flippers for a specific program…or under specific conditions depending on the specific game,etc.

A DOFLinx SUP file can contain almost any configuration additions or changes to DOFLinx that you want. It can be a very handy and powerful tool.

I have attached a SUP file for you guys to use! (extract it from the zip archive)

Our SUP file is called “PuP_SSF_Flippers_SUP.ini”. It has all of the commands in the above post that is needed. You must make any of the changes needed (for whatever key/buttons you use) in that file.

You need to have your SUP file in a folder, preferably where DOFLinx is installed. So lets have it in “DirectOutput\SSF_Flippers”

Now that you have your SUP file edited for your cabinet’s key/button setup, and it’s in a convenient folder…we need our front end to tell DOFLinx to use the SUP file BEFORE the Emulator / Table is launched. This is done by sending a message to DOFLinx with the doflinxmsg.exe program.

For Pinup Popper, this is as simple as adding the command to our Launch script for your Emulator. We just make sure we change to our DOFLinx location, and then run the command. Add this example to the beginning of the Emulator’s Launch script (before your other entries. Change the folder location to where you put your files):

c:

cd c:\directoutput

start /min "" "doflinxmsg.exe" "sup_ini=SSF_Flippers\PuP_SSF_Flippers_SUP"

….and that’s it. So every time your Emulator launches, it first will Message DOFLinx the SUP file with the SSF Flipper commands. When the Emulator starts, DOFLinx “wakes up” and will use your SUP files’s commands. Easy!

The difference with using a SUP file, as opposed to adding commands in DOFLinx.ini, is that when you exit your Emulator…. DOFLinx will no longer use the commands from that SUP file…unless you launch that emulator and SUP file again. This allows you to have direct control over when the SSF Flippers will be used.

Now ANY program can have SSF flippers!

TerryRed
                              @terryred

DOFLinx 6.53 now available…includes my updated FX3 cfg files for PUP SSF!

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

stampedem
                              Participant
                                @stampedem

So to clarify, unless we intend to go into each of the ALL TRIGGERS pup_packs and edit one by one, then don’t install those packs, just use the default packs only? At this moment I don’t have the time to go into each pup_pack and tweak, perhaps when I get other things done in life.  I dropped the ALL TRIGGERS packs in already, and now that I read a bit more closely I think I may have to go in and remove them if what i wrote above is the case, if you don’t mind clarifying for me.  Thank you!

EDIT: I apologize.  I’ve read even closer now.  The COMPLETED packs have already been worked on by the community.  The ALL FILES still need the work to get them to the point that they could be included in the completed folder.  So yeah, I understand now.  Otherwise, I need to just stick with the default packs until I have more availability to work on the unfinished one. Thanks.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Yes…. from scratch:

Install the Default Triggers Pack First. All tables will work with the basics.

Install the Completed..which has the tables with the extra triggers and table-specific positioning and sounds.

ALL Triggers need to have the extra triggers completed before being used for normal gameplay.

Shadow
                                  Participant
                                    @shadowshd

I’ve just tried and wow, it brings PBFX3 to a new level :)

Thanks for your hard work and contributions Terry  :good:

stampedem
                                    Participant
                                      @stampedem

I’m not finding Western and V12 packs in the default download? The 1.16 pack? You mentioned on December 7 that these were added, but at least teh downloads available now don’t have them?

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

I’m not finding Western and V12 packs in the default download? The 1.16 pack? You mentioned on December 7 that these were added, but at least teh downloads available now don’t have them?

DOH! Your right…they were missing!

I added the missing Western and V12 “Default” packs to version 1.16.1

Thanks for catching that!

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@terryred thanks for the update!

********************************************************
                                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

stampedem
                                          Participant
                                            @stampedem

I missed something too.  Not sure that X-Men or Han Solo are in there either, but the December 7 update of Droids is, so that’s good.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 138 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?