FX3 SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) PuP-Packs

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    topper-2k
    Participant
      @topper-2k

Hey all!

Attached is a PUP Pack for Star Wars StarFighter Assault. It’s a mix of a few sounds captured from the game and samples from other games.

I don’t know what’s common practice, but I find SSF in FX3 works best if you leave some of the physics sounds enabled in FX3. That way SSF supports it, but doesn’t replace it. It also allows you to still hear the ball rolling and other physics sounds that don’t appear to have triggers. That’s what I had in mind when I put this PUP Pack together.

Cheers!

-Topper

Attachments:
      3 users thanked author for this post.
      hlshure
      Participant
        @hlshure

Hey Topper. How do you leave some of the physics sounds enabled in FX3? I thought there was only a volume slider for that in FX3 so it’s either on or off. Is there another setting I’m not aware of!

topper-2k
        Participant
          @topper-2k

Hey Topper. How do you leave some of the physics sounds enabled in FX3? I thought there was only a volume slider for that in FX3 so it’s either on or off. Is there another setting I’m not aware of!

I just don’t turn the physics slider all the way down. You can’t pick and choose which sounds. Having a little of the physics coming from the table and a little from the backglass is a relative compromise to make up for the fact that FX3 doesn’t provide enough triggers for all the table sounds.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Dungo
          Participant
            @dungo

Thank you so much for your work. Can´t play Fx3 without your SSF Pack anymore!!!  :good: :good: :good:

topper-2k
            Participant
              @topper-2k

Hi Terry! Wondering if you (or anyone) has feedback on the SSF pack I built for Star Wars SFA. I’m interested in doing more, but it doesn’t look like the one I built has been incorporated into the FX3 pup pack collection.

I want to be sure the first one works (for people other than me) before I try to build another.

Thanks for all you do for the community!

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/fx3-ssf-surround-sound-feedback-pup-packs/page/6/#post-192608

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

I’ve ben very busy with other projects atm.

Don’t let what you’ve done not being in the completed pack yet stop you. I haven’t even played FX3 on my cabinet for weeks, as I’ve been busy with PinEvent table updates.

Voljega
                Participant
                  @voljega

Hello you might want to add that you must decompress DOFLinx in the DirectOutput folder, otherwise it doesn’t start.

I might not be the only one to not know that and scratch my head.

Now I have another issue, if I launch DOFLinx before PuP, I don’t hear any physics sound …

If I kill and launch it while in PBFX3: I have the following log :

11-nov.-20 16:13:17.912 – Set Debug Privilege = Running as administrator so no action taken
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:18.949 – Found valid process name of ‘Pinball FX3’
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:18.954 – Setting FX3 process ID to :4160
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:20.977 – Activated by process name : ‘Pinball FX3’
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:20.982 – Game name = ‘Forced’
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:20.989 – Named process detected and startup commenced
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.534 – FX3 EXE name=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX3\Pinball FX3.exe Size=11300496 bytes, Dated 22/10/2020 12:57:32
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.539 – Applying memory offsets for FX3 version circa 21/10/20
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.547 – FX3 full link active
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.553 – Using full colour palette
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.558 – 122 colours added to the palette
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.568 – DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as Pinscape #1 with name=Pinscape Controller
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.574 – DOFLinx device:1 Pinscape setup with 22 outputs
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.580 – DOFLinx device: 2 Initializing as LEDWiz #8 with ID=0
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.586 – DOFLinx device:2 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:21.599 – This device is probably a PinScape emulating a LEDWiz, if it is, then it is better to assign toys to the Pinscape device not this one
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.547 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file ALL_PRE.FX3
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.557 – ALL_PRE.FX3 could not be loaded
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.568 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file BallyAttackFromMars.FX3
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.579 – No FX3 file found For ‘BallyAttackFromMars’ attempting to load default FX3
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.590 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file DEFAULT.FX3
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.600 – Default FX3 file could not be loaded
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.611 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file ALL_POST.FX3
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.622 – ALL_POST.FX3 could not be loaded
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.633 – B2S file not found : BallyAttackFromMars
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.661 – Using full colour palette
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.672 – 122 colours added to the palette
                  11-nov.-20 16:13:22.682 – Cabinet Mode = 0 Backglass Mode = 0

My DOFLinx.ini file :

DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG=c:\DirectOutput\Config\directoutputconfig.ini
                  PROCESSES=Pinball FX3
                  FORCE_ACTIVE=1
                  PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\FX3_PUPlayer
                  DEBUG=1

Don’t know what to do …

I guess I have two errors : Pinup doesn’t seem to send anything to DOFLinx

Parameters for Pinball FX3 are not found in DOFLinx

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Hello you might want to add that you must decompress DOFLinx in the DirectOutput folder, otherwise it doesn’t start.

I might not be the only one to not know that and scratch my head.

Now I have another issue, if I launch DOFLinx before PuP, I don’t hear any physics sound …

If I kill and launch it while in PBFX3: I have the following log :

11-nov.-20 16:13:17.912 – Set Debug Privilege = Running as administrator so no action taken

11-nov.-20 16:13:18.949 – Found valid process name of ‘Pinball FX3’

11-nov.-20 16:13:18.954 – Setting FX3 process ID to :4160

11-nov.-20 16:13:20.977 – Activated by process name : ‘Pinball FX3’

11-nov.-20 16:13:20.982 – Game name = ‘Forced’

11-nov.-20 16:13:20.989 – Named process detected and startup commenced

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.534 – FX3 EXE name=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pinball FX3\Pinball FX3.exe Size=11300496 bytes, Dated 22/10/2020 12:57:32

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.539 – Applying memory offsets for FX3 version circa 21/10/20

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.547 – FX3 full link active

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.553 – Using full colour palette

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.558 – 122 colours added to the palette

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.568 – DOFLinx device: 1 Initializing as Pinscape #1 with name=Pinscape Controller

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.574 – DOFLinx device:1 Pinscape setup with 22 outputs

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.580 – DOFLinx device: 2 Initializing as LEDWiz #8 with ID=0

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.586 – DOFLinx device:2 LEDWiz setup with 32 outputs

11-nov.-20 16:13:21.599 – This device is probably a PinScape emulating a LEDWiz, if it is, then it is better to assign toys to the Pinscape device not this one

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.547 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file ALL_PRE.FX3

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.557 – ALL_PRE.FX3 could not be loaded

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.568 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file BallyAttackFromMars.FX3

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.579 – No FX3 file found For ‘BallyAttackFromMars’ attempting to load default FX3

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.590 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file DEFAULT.FX3

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.600 – Default FX3 file could not be loaded

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.611 – Failed to find FX3 configuration file ALL_POST.FX3

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.622 – ALL_POST.FX3 could not be loaded

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.633 – B2S file not found : BallyAttackFromMars

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.661 – Using full colour palette

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.672 – 122 colours added to the palette

11-nov.-20 16:13:22.682 – Cabinet Mode = 0 Backglass Mode = 0

My DOFLinx.ini file :

DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG=c:\DirectOutput\Config\directoutputconfig.ini

PROCESSES=Pinball FX3

FORCE_ACTIVE=1

PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\FX3_PUPlayer

DEBUG=1

Don’t know what to do …

I guess I have two errors : Pinup doesn’t seem to send anything to DOFLinx

Parameters for Pinball FX3 are not found in DOFLinx

Wow… you have 1 post, and you are already telling authors what they should do, instead of making sure you setting up everything that is required properly yourself.

Do you expect all table authors to explain how to install VPX, VPinMAME, B2S Server, PuP, etc on all their downloads?

DOFLinx has an install guide that tells you what you need to know.

This post also tells you what you need to know:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/fx3-ssf-surround-sound-feedback-pup-packs/#post-88715

Your debug log also tells you what the problem is. It can’t find your files. You need a slash at the end of your PATH .

PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\FX3_PUPlayer\

Voljega
                    Participant
                      @voljega

Hello TerryRed,

I’m awfully sorry that you took my message that way, it was not my intention.

I don’t expect you to explain everything around pinball emulation, I’m just saying that if like me, you arrive on this subject with a plain SSF pincab, never having used DOF and DOFLinx, you won’t know that you have to put DOFLinx inside DOF folder… It’s no in the instructions nor in the post you linked if I’m not mistaken (but i didn’t watch the videos)

And clearly I followed the instructions and expected it would work like that…

this line is also missing in the instructions : ‘-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat and make sure your PUP’s “Music” screen is set to “Hide Always-Sound Only”’

I’m just saying this small addition might be good for the instructions tab, and avoid clutter questions like mine…

And again sorry…

And thank you a lot now it’s partially working !

• It doesn’t work when launching DOFLinx before Pinup then a PBFX table (nothing appears in the log regading PBFX3)
                      • It works when I kill DOFLinx while in the PBDX table and relaunch it, the table is then correctly detected by DOFLinx and I see the loading of the soudn files in the log

Guess I need to work on my Pinup config somewhere something is missing

Voljega
                      Participant
                        @voljega

OK I checked the following :

• useDOF = true in GlobalConfig / Script System in Pinup Configuration
                        • removed “launch as administrator” on PinballFX3

and I still can’t seem to make it work in any of these circomstances…

• Launch DOFLinx, then Pinup, launch PBFX3 Table from Pinup -> PBFX3 Process Id is not detected by DOFLinx, SSF doesn’t work
                        • Launch DOFLINX, then PBFX3 standadone -> PBFX3 Process Id is not detected by DOFLinx, SSF doesn’t work
                        • Launch Pinup, launch PBFX3 Table from Pinup, launch DOFLinx after PBFX3 from PBFX3 emulator launchd script -> PBFX3 Process Id is not detected by DOFLinx, SSF doesn’t work

the following work :

• Launch Pinup, launch PBFX3 Table from Pinup, when ingame launch DOFLinx manually -> PBFX3 Process Id is detected by DOFLinx, SSF works
                        • With Pinup off, launch PBFX3 standalone, launch PBFX3 Table from Pinup, when ingame launch DOFLinx manually -> PBFX3 Process Id is detected by DOFLinx, SSF works

The last part seems especially strange to me as I don’t know how PBFX3 standalone / DOFLinx makes the link with POPVideos if Pinup is not launched ??

Well that’s it for now, seems I’m not the only one with this issue though, did anyone find a solution ?

topper-2k
                        Participant
                          @topper-2k

Voljega, honestly I can’t follow what you’re trying to do here.

On my cab, DOFLinx runs at startup and stays on. I also don’t recall having any control over the order that things load like you describe.

And when you say “pinup” do you mean Popper or the Pinup Player? You don’t ever launch Pinup Player. I don’t pretend to know how it works, but it just launches on its own when it needs to. I *think* whether and when you open Popper shouldn’t matter.

It sounds like you need to take a couple steps back and make sure that:

1 – DOFLinx is installed correctly and running in the background all the time

2 – Pinup Player (not Popper) is installed and that when you play VPX tables with PUP packs they work as they should

Then come back to this. Of course I’m assuming that your SSF is installed and working correctly too. Since you didn’t mention it, I assume it is running and working on VPX tables as it should.

Best of luck.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

@voljega

Page 2 of the DOFLinx Guide

I don’t expect you to explain everything around pinball emulation, I’m just saying that if like me, you arrive on this subject with a plain SSF pincab, never having used DOF and DOFLinx, you won’t know that you have to put DOFLinx inside DOF folder… It’s no in the instructions nor in the post you linked if I’m not mistaken (but i didn’t watch the videos)

This is the default setting when you set up Pinup Player  ( I don’t believe that has anything to do with DOFLinx )

this line is also missing in the instructions : ‘-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat and make sure your PUP’s “Music” screen is set to “Hide Always-Sound Only”’

Try this  ->   There should be no need to run any Pinball Related Software As Administrator (Admin)

Voljega
                            Participant
                              @voljega

@outhere Well on the pincab forum I used to buid my Pincab, DOFLinx was not part of the default Pinup setup…. DOFLinx didn’t come included with the recommanded installation / tutorial of Pinup.

It comes after, but as I said, I have no use at all for DOF and DOFLinx outside of the SSF for PBFX3 so i’m not familiar with it at all

(My pincab is a mini 24′ one, no toys at all except SSF exciters)

One thing I seem to have missed is I didn’t register the DOF Com component, so I’m gonna try that next and then removing admin rights on Pinup

Now as @topper-2k said (And when you say “pinup” do you mean Popper or the Pinup Player?) there might be a confusion on my side on what Pinup means.

For me it means the frontend I use to launch VPX and PBFX3 tables, I’m not using any part of it ingame or anything. So maybe I’m refering to Pinup Menu ?

And I’m not even using the frontend for anything more than simple BG videos and PF videos, besides PBFX3 I’m not using any PupPacks at all

So I guess I have everything installed but maybe not rightly configured on the DOFLinx / Pinup Player / Pinup Popper

@topper-2k
                              Well I too want to launch DOFLinx at startup it just doesn’t work for now, I tried all the solution I described manually to try and debug the issue….

For your two points :

• Maybe my DOFLinx is not installed correctly or entirely, surely even, I’ll have to find this installation doc TerryRed was speaking about
                              • Not using any PupPack on VPX so I’m sure at all what I’m missing on that side in terms of configuration and installation
                              Voljega
                              Participant
                                @voljega

Well seems I verified everything, Pinup Player was installed then Pinup Poper according to the tutorial I followed. (which is essentially the same as this one https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide)

Read the DOFLinx Guide here: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/doflinx-guide-by-terryred/ don’t seem there is anything I didn’t do

Deblocked the exe and DLLS of DOF/DOFLinx in case it was the problem

Guide doesn’t say to register the COM object actually but I did anyway, as admin

Removed launch as admin on PinMenu.exe

Tried Popper Doctor ans I can launch and stop DOF right

Then I did a retest :

launch DOFLinx
                                launch PinMenu
                                Select a PBFX3 from Pinup and launch it
                                PBFX3 SSF doesn’t work
                                Alt+tab and close DOFLinx
                                log of DOFLinx as that point is the following : https://pastebin.com/ZJp7pMNQ
                                Restarted DOFLinx (PBRFX3 is still running in the background)
                                Alt+tab to PBFX3, SSF kicks in after 5/10s
                                log of DOFLinx is now : https://pastebin.com/TxT1BJV9
                                So clearly PBFX3 is not detected at first, I need to close DOFLinx while PBFX3 is on for this to happen :

12-nov.-20 18:28:09.689 – Found valid process name of ‘Pinball FX3’
                                12-nov.-20 18:28:09.694 – Setting FX3 process ID to :5404
                                12-nov.-20 18:28:11.720 – Activated by process name : ‘Pinball FX3’
                                12-nov.-20 18:28:11.725 – Game name = ‘Forced’
                                12-nov.-20 18:28:11.732 – Named process detected and startup commenced

So I’m only left with this to try : https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Not sure what you are doing with Popper, but….

Try this.

You should be able to simply startup your PC without Popper running…. then run DOFLinx… then start FX3… then choose a table.

Once the table starts up, you should have pup SSF. (note that pup ssf volume can be low compared to the game’s volume).

If that works… then you have something not setup right with Popper.

If you still get no SSF…. manually test a FX3 SSF pup-pack using the pup-pack editor. You can load a fx3 ssf pup-pack, start it, then try to FIRE some triggers. This will at least verify you don’t have a problem with your SSF and pup.

Voljega
                                  Participant
                                    @voljega

@terryred

OK here what I have done :

• Started the pincab
                                    • Launched DOFLinx
                                    • Launched PBFX3, entered table
                                    • No SSF sounds… (they are pretty high in my cab so I hear them fine when they are here)
                                    • alt + tab to DOFLinx, exit it
                                    • relaunch it
                                    • alt + tab to PBFX3
                                    • SSF is here… see the two pastebins in my previous message, where you can clearly see some triggers logged in the second one (after quitting + relaunching DOFLinx while in game) and nothing in the first one (before quitting DOFLinx while in game)

Now on to PinUpPackEditor.exe (not launched in admin mode), I can see the PupPack for my PBFX3 table, load it, go to the triggers tab, however when I click on Fire Event or a soon as I select one of the trigger lines, the Fire Event button becomes disabled and nothing seems to happen, no sound

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

You need to “start” the pup-pack first (not just load it).. then do triggers. Then close it from the editor when done.

That said…. if you have SSF working with FX3 (though with the method you mentioned)… the problem is coming from DOFLinx not picking up / detecting FX3 for whatever reason on your system.

I’d pass on what info you have to DDH69 at vpforums so he can see what is goin on. Its easier to test without a front-end, so stick with that for now until you resolve it.

Voljega
                                      Participant
                                        @voljega

@TerryRed OK I managed to test the PupPack in PupPackEditor and I can here the sounds all right when I press any trigger.

Thank you for your help, and if you need anything regarding trying to debug it or testing a beta version or something, I’ll be available.

Thank you again

Bert Toni
                                        Participant
                                          @berttoni

Hello, I have problem with my SSF on FX3.  My Cab is running VPX10.6 with PUP Packs and SSF without any problems. But on FX3 i got no SSF sound.  But the Activ Backglass in FX3 is runnig without any problems. The F3 Puppacks are in PUPVideos under Pinup….copied , DOF is installed and DOFlinx is running… I use the latest Versions of the software.  Under Fx3 i disable the mechanical Sounds. I start doflinx as admin. I looked into the log file of Doflinx but no error….  Can someone help me to solve this and get SSF on F3…  or where could be the error…. ?

topper-2k
                                          Participant
                                            @topper-2k

Try running DOFLinx in normal (not Admin) mode. You shouldn’t have to run any pinball software in admin mode. There are a few setup bat files that need to be run as admin when installing, but in normal day to day operations, admin mode will usually only cause problems.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 138 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?