FX3 SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) PuP-Packs

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

With each update that comes out for FX3….DOFLinx also needs to be updated as well to match the new FX3 exe.

Update DOFLinx to the latest…I think DDH69 has it working with vol 4 by now.

deaks
      Participant
        @deaks

Cheers terry.. just updated it, LEDS’ work but SSF sound doesnt, is it working for you?

TerryRed
          @terryred

Cheers terry.. just updated it, LEDS’ work but SSF sound doesnt, is it working for you?

I’m far away from home….so I can’t test anytime soon.

DOFLinx has a “fallback” config that kicks in if it can’t use triggers for full feedback / ssf….so you may not be getting full feedback.

deaks
          Participant
            @deaks

Ah interesting, im geting no sound at all with SSF anymore post update, so it requires the physics sounds to be turned back on. Ill poke around on the FB Groups see if this is a common problem… I miss your SSF in the FX3 tables! :-)

OlaP
            Participant
              @olap

Hi all!
              A first try att editing FX3 SSF for WMS Medieval Madness. Unfortunately there are no triggers for ramps, only for the gates leading to the ramps, so no sounds of balls rolling on neither plastic nor wire ramps.
              Cheers,
              Ola

1 user thanked author for this post.
              deaks
              Participant
                @deaks

Hi. There is an error in the naming of the files.

Here’s the fix

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SSFeedback/permalink/2320792184866461/

deaks
                Participant
                  @deaks

Hi Terry, thought I would start to give something back a bit and work on some of the missing pup packs… Heres my first attempt at Alien Isolation.  Ive got the ramps and ball rolling working well I think, let me know what you think so I can try some others……. Im trying to get a view as to how we incorporate’ generic’ ball rolling sounds as the ball sound goes dead without the DOF trigger… any ideas?  Anyway please be kind as its my first :-p

Attachments:
                  TerryRed
                    @terryred

I haven’t had a chance to try this yet…but for ball rolling, or anything else, we can only make use of the triggers I have included in each table’s pup-pack. Those are the only triggers DDH69 has been able to find and use for FX3. It’s not like VP where you have access to the table script.

Some FX3 tables will have ramps or similar triggers that can be used…others not so much.

deaks
                    Participant
                      @deaks

Ah cheers thanks, let me know ive got the jist of things with alien isolation and I’ll begin moving down the other defaults.

IndianaJones
                      Participant
                        @indianajones

I have downloaded the newest DOFLinx 7.04. I am running FX3 and my toys seem to work with DOFLinx.

BUT no mechanical sounds coming through. I assume all I need is the DOFLinx zip file, right. I copied the whole content into the DOF folder.

I must miss something here. Any ideas? Anything I could have forgotten to do?

Thanks for your help

TerryRed
                          @terryred

I have downloaded the newest DOFLinx 7.04. I am running FX3 and my toys seem to work with DOFLinx.

BUT no mechanical sounds coming through. I assume all I need is the DOFLinx zip file, right. I copied the whole content into the DOF folder.

I must miss something here. Any ideas? Anything I could have forgotten to do?

Thanks for your help

Following the instructions on this download and support forum would be the start.

fR33Styler
                          Participant
                            @fr33styler

Hey TerryRed this is so great man – thx!!!

I have 4 items of 2.1 amps use all for left side + subwoofer… so:

Soundcard rear right -> amp #1 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (R) rear right (Flipperfinger R)
                            Soundcard rear left -> amp #2 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (L) rear right (Flipperfinger L)
                            Soundcard side right -> amp #1 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (R) side right
                            Soundcard side left -> amp #2 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (L) side right

It works in Windos very well.. (trigger the right speaker in sound-card test options).

But in FX3 + PinupPlayer -> always plays both sides, when i trigger a Flipperfinger:

trigger left flipper -> sounds on rear right & rear left

Any ideas to split this up (to left and right)?

Best regards

Ralf

TerryRed
                              @terryred

Hey TerryRed this is so great man – thx!!!

I have 4 items of 2.1 amps use all for left side + subwoofer… so:

Soundcard rear right -> amp #1 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (R) rear right (Flipperfinger R)

Soundcard rear left -> amp #2 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (L) rear right (Flipperfinger L)

Soundcard side right -> amp #1 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (R) side right

Soundcard side left -> amp #2 -> shaker (Sub) & exiter (L) side right

It works in Windos very well.. (trigger the right speaker in sound-card test options).

But in FX3 + PinupPlayer -> always plays both sides, when i trigger a Flipperfinger:

trigger left flipper -> sounds on rear right & rear left

Any ideas to split this up (to left and right)?

Best regards

Ralf

PuP SSF is just using Windows for sound positioning.

Be sure Win 10 sound settings aren’t in some kind of “surround” mode which will mix your channels in some apps.

fR33Styler
                              Participant
                                @fr33styler

Thank you so much for answering!!!

I tried:

onboard Sound (Asus) and a Creative X-FI 7.1 PCIe… » same issue :cry:

WIN10: nothing set (no room extentions, even “enhancements disabled: yes”)… just 7.1 without center & subwoofer.

In WIN10 during: sound settings -> configure -> test speakers —> it works (all speakers sound only by click them selves)

But still in PFX3 with PUPlayer & DOFLinx:

Push left flipper -> sound rear “left & right” together (but also nothing at front & side speakers)…

So iam close… but still “kind of mono” :unsure:

any other ideas?

Try editing the pup-pack of the table you are trying.

Goto the SSF flipper triggers and try editing the Counter vaules. Those are the “3D position settings” for PUP SFF. they are in this format.

x,z,y

The range for X (left and right) is -10 (left), 0 (center), 10 (right)

z stays at 1

The range for Y (top and bottom) is 0 (top), -5 (center), -10 (bottom)

So try adjusting the left flipper to:

-10,1,-10

Right Flipper:

10,1,-10

Save the pup-pack. See if that works better at all.

If not… then it’s not a pup setting that is the problem.

If it does sound better…then you may need to adjust each pup-pack for more separation for your setup.

I get a little bit of spill over, but that is normal for the actual position of the flippers…. unless I choose to have the flippers at the extreme corner positions like I mention above.

fR33Styler
                                Participant
                                  @fr33styler

thx again. :good:

This also doesn´t help (L -10,1,-10 & R 10,1,-10).
                                  I also tried the soundblaster driver incl. settings and turned off everything.
                                  And i tried to use stereo sound files (just recorded a table in stereo)

Always triggering both sides…. hmmm?!?

Is there anything i can take a look on (config in the back, some settings somewhere)?

In PinUP Player Display i have: music -> Hide always (sound only)… but theres not really more to setup right?

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

thx again. :good:

This also doesn´t help (L -10,1,-10 & R 10,1,-10).

I also tried the soundblaster driver incl. settings and turned off everything.

And i tried to use stereo sound files (just recorded a table in stereo)

Always triggering both sides…. hmmm?!?

Is there anything i can take a look on (config in the back, some settings somewhere)?

In PinUP Player Display i have: music -> Hide always (sound only)… but there’s not really more to setup right?

PUP SSF is totally different from everything else pup related. So it doesn’t use VLC at all for playback.

I just realized you are using an X-Fi? Is that the OLD version of that card?

I have an Audigy 2, 7.1 card…and its a pain to get to work right because of lack of proper sound driver support with Win 10. I can’t use it anymore with my new mobo anyway as its not PCI-E :(

Chances are that card is just not working right because of drivers…or some odd setting that Creative software etc may be using for certain apps.

Nothing else I can help out with here…sorry.

fR33Styler
                                    Participant
                                      @fr33styler

I found it….

with 10,1,-10 and -10,1,-10 it´s completely left and right in your version of the jurrasic world table when i:

set the sampling rate (fixed) to: 441, 16 bit (sorry for german screenshot but i think you know what i mean)

Settings

I tried this driver here

works :yes:

So exited to update my current rpi ambilight cab with pinscape, nudging, ssf, teensy etc.
                                      (ill keep the undercab ambilight and use backglas as undercab MX – btw: i use your DOFLinx effect -> greeeeaaaat job man!)

fR33Styler
                                      Participant
                                        @fr33styler

I play currently a little bit with the sounds (frequency´s, compression, panorama etc.)… (i have a recording studio)… and when iam ready, i can share for testing (if there´s someone interested).

Another question before i proceed: some tables (in FX3_PUPlayer folder) are missing… e.g. 4 of 11 WMS tables (like WMSCirqusVoltaire, WMSMonsterBash etc.)

Where can i find them for my \FX3_PUPlayer folder and \PUPVideos folder (PUP Packs)?

Best regards

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

I play currently a little bit with the sounds (frequency´s, compression, panorama etc.)… (i have a recording studio)… and when iam ready, i can share for testing (if there´s someone interested).

Another question before i proceed: some tables (in FX3_PUPlayer folder) are missing… e.g. 4 of 11 WMS tables (like WMSCirqusVoltaire, WMSMonsterBash etc.)

Where can i find them for my \FX3_PUPlayer folder and \PUPVideos folder (PUP Packs)?

Best regards

They haven’t been added yet for “custom” pup-packs for those tables.

I need to manually update the DOFLinx FX3 configs for PUP SSF for each table, and I’ve had MANY projects coming and going.

That said…ALL tables with fall back to the default “FX3_PUP_SSF” config and pup-pack if there isn’t a custom config for the table available.

Keep in mind…. this isn’t like FP or VPX. There are only basic triggers around the table that DDH69 is able to find / use for DOFLinx. So in many cases, you aren’t getting much more for a specific table for SSF beyond the default:

• flippers
                                          • bumpers
                                          • slings
                                          • drain
                                          • autoplunger
                                          • plunger kicker
                                          • nudge

fR33Styler
                                          Participant
                                            @fr33styler

ah ok, got it.

So if the FX3_PUP_SSF works… iam happy… just wanted to ask if i may help you.

So i´ll focus on the sounds and work on this a little bit the next time :good:

Thx Terry

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 138 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?