Guardians Of The Galaxy

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 549 total)
  • Author
    Tonarede
    Participant
      @tonarede

As desktop user, having hard time to setup pop pucks to show everything in one screen…

Any ideas guys? …. Any help apreciatte!!!

BazzaLB
      Participant
        @bazzalb

Wow, that’s a stunner! Anyone know if by chance it’ll work in VR? Haven’t tried installing pup packs yet. Totally understand if it’s desktop or cab only.

Happy to say that it works perfectly fine in VR with pup pack. Hitting the shots isn’t necessarily easy though ;) My version of VPinballX_GL.exe is dated 03-July-2020 which includes the backglass/puppack injection functionality whilst still based on VPX 10.6.

Fantastic effort!! Plays brilliantly (never played the real table).

So, BazzaLB, I’m thinking “has pup pack injection built in,” means I still need to install pinup player first. Is this correct? I’m nervous I’m going to screw something up, as I’ve done many times before! :P Once pinup player is installed, anything else I need to do for Guardians VR functionality beyond downloading table? Thanks so much. Take your time getting back to me.

Well.. :) I have PinupPlayer 1.4.5 installed but I also went through TerryRed’s guide to get puppacks working nicely on a single monitor. I have had to tweak lots of tables getting them to work nicely with puppacks in VR but in this case, the puppack worked out of the box for me. No extra tweaking needed. Install puppack into its proper Video directory in PinupPlayer and you should be good to go. The key is whether or not the real-estate where your puppack displays is free of other “windows”. Mine usually is as the puppack displays in the top left corner of my desktop and I run everything minimised. Just VPX in right hand corner (if I am not using the VR launcher which means everything ends up minimised which is perfect).

Its easy to disable puppacks though.. just rename the video directory, so not sure you are in much danger of screwing things up by trying but I take no responsibility for any disasters :D

Of course I have probably forgotten lots of things I tweaked and changed in the past getting other tables up and running with the puppacks performing properly with relevant Z-order etc, but I think this one should be fairly straight forward for VR.

The only tweak I did to the table was to slightly shift the side blades inwards by a smidge to avoid flickering due to 2 walls being in the exact same position (bug in VR version of VPX I think) and rotate them slightly as they looked out of place in VR.

Good Luck :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
        iDigStuff
        Participant
          @dkane626

thank you

Ben Logan2
          Participant
            @benlogan2

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions, BazzaLB. I look forward to watching Terry’s tutorial. Appreciate the recommendation. Breaking my installation and fixing it is all part of the adventure. With your help above, this might go smoothly!

Thanks to Terry for all his work with pinup player and pup packs. This is new territory for me. Can’t wait to see it in action…

tomate
            Participant
              @tomate

Hi! i need a little help here…

I running fine the table with a directb2s and UltraDMD, but when i try to run the table with a PUP pack recive this error message: Script error Line:11986 (attached)

I have a two monitors configuration, so i used the batch file Option 1.

The PUP pack backglass aparently runs fine but the playfield doesn’t start

Anybody with this issue?

thnxs in advance!

UPDATE: I had to change PuPDMDDriverType=0 (LCD DMD) and works properly

Attachments:
              outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Hi! i need a little help here…
                I running fine the table with a directb2s and UltraDMD, but when i try to run the table with a PUP pack recive this error message: Script error Line:11986 (attached)
                I have a two monitors configuration, so i used the batch file Option 1.
                The PUP pack backglass aparently runs fine but the playfield doesn’t start
                Anybody with this issue?
                thnxs in advance!

I believe I have read more than once where people are having this problem and I believe the solution is in the support topic

daphishbowl
                Participant
                  @daphishbowl

Some modes like Pod Chase don’t have an alternate music in Cleland (unless I missed it) but if you pick Yaka Arrow, Escape Kyln and others you should hear other music tracks for each of the modes.

MydknyteStyrm
                  Participant
                    @mydknytestyrm

I love the music of the movie but I am noticing that Mr. Blue Sky will keep playing under other songs as well as the dialogue from the videos, where it starts to become a cacophony of noise.

daphishbowl
                    Participant
                      @daphishbowl

daphishbowl, does the VolSfx variable affect SSF physics sounds?

Also, could you explain what default volume is?

Const VolBGMusic = 0.9 ‘ Volume for Video Clips [1 is full volume. Value is from 0 to 1]

Const VolMusic1 = 0.9 ‘ Volume for Cleland or Original Gameplay music

Const VolDef = 0.2 ‘ Default volume

Const VolSfx = 0.4 ‘ Volume for table Sound effects

I’m running the small pup pack and am having a lot of trouble getting the sounds balanced.

yeah

VolSfx  should be for SSF sounds

VolDef is for callouts

daphishbowl
                      Participant
                        @daphishbowl

Got a script error hitting the right ramp for 100% Sibling Rivalry.

See screenshot.

Thanks for the screenshot.  It really helps squash these quick

Fixed for next release.

Hitting right ramp on sibling rivalry 2 causes a crash.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        daphishbowl
                        Participant
                          @daphishbowl

Thoroughly impressed with the level of gameplay you achieved. Feels just like the real table! I am having an audio issue though, and hopefully anyone can recommend a fix.

The music is playting perfect and lopud, but I cant hear the dialogue on the DMD screen. It sounds muffled at a low volume. Also I cant hear many of the sounds as well. I am not using SSF, just a regular 2.1 speaker system. Any ideas on what I can try? Thanks again for making this weekend a lot more fun!

You can adjust volumes with these variable at the top of script

Const VolBGMusic = 0.9 ‘ Volume for Video Clips [1 is full volume. Value is from 0 to 1]
                          Const VolDef = 0.2 ‘ Default volume for callouts

ukexpat71
                          Participant
                            @ukexpat71

Hi,

First a Shout out to Daphishbowl and Mr H for this amazing table and Pup Pack and I have it all working perfect .

just a quick mention about the GOTG Pup Pack.
                            Option 3 shows PupOverlay1 screen which displays the credits as well as the Mode select. Option 1 and 2 are missing this overlay so you cannot see the Mode your selecting.
                            Is it possible to add to the others?

I cant even find the images in the Pup pack?

Thanks,

Webster

He Who Laughs Lasts
                            Participant
                              @binoictoothpick

The table looks beautiful, but I haven’t played it yet because I want to have the backglass pup  working. I use FSS, portrait mode…if I run in a non full screen window the PuP pack looks great, but if I run with full screen windowed desktop it’s just in the background with no focus. I have used PuP packs with HP, ST, and WoZ, and other OrbitalFramework tables. Any ideas?

Adding these lines to pupinit.bat has resolved the issue.:

start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 6 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 7 0
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 7 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 8 1
                              start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 10 0

To my

Attachments:
                              TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Looks beautiful and plays great.

Only issue I am having is playing on desktop the DMD info is huge.

elvinu
                                Participant
                                  @elvinu

Any ideas on what I can try?

I have to put some delays (and other stuff) in that batch file since I think it takes time for my Popper to set things up:

start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 6 1
                                  start “” pupwinpos.exe “Form1” -1 7 0
                                  start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -1 7 1
                                  start “” pupwinpos.exe “Visual Pinball Player” -2 8 1
                                  start “” pupwinpos.exe “PUPSCREEN*” -2 10 0

DGPG35
                                  Participant
                                    @dgpg35

Thank you for the incredible table, the PuP interaction is amazing!

I had the ball lock into the right catch with the four colored lights above it and would not drop no matter what button I hit after selecting the mode (of course this just had to happen on the final ball of my best game so far :-( ). * Figured this one out, use plunger button for Stern key. ;)

The physics feel a wee bit off but then I have never played the real table so take that as you will. ;-)

The bass that hit with the right RED “Asleep for the Danger…” was intense, my whole cab felt like it was going to move across the floor (large transducer). LOVED IT !!! :good:

I have issues with the Audio levels, the music is really loud and many of the voices can barely be heard, I’ll look into the suggestions posted and see if I can balance it out.

Thanks again for the amazing work, truly appreciated. :yahoo:

Nate
                                    Participant
                                      @nkachelmeyer

You can adjust volumes with these variable at the top of script

Const VolDef = 0.2 ‘ Default volume for callouts

Anyone else having issues with the video audio? I have played with these #s and even put all others to 0 and the videos to 1 (full) and it does not seem to make a difference. Some are better than others, but all are pretty low audio. Especially the Star-Lord scenes. Can barely hear what they are saying. I tried playing the Star-Lord scene video on its own in VLC (ver 2.2.8) and it’s like it starts in slow motion.

Love this table. Can’t believe this is a first try. Amazing!

3 screen mini-cab 23", 19", 10" - Win10(64bit) i7 2600 3.4ghz, 8GB Ram, GTX 1060 6GB
                                      force exclusive fullscreen mode in 1080p

elvinu
                                      Participant
                                        @elvinu

Only issue I am having is playing on desktop the DMD info is huge.

I had the same problem.  Had to set Apron/FullDMD to a smaller size to get it into the upper left corner.

Capture

djinfinity907
                                        Participant
                                          @djinfinity907

this is nice, however I cant get the dmd or puppack going.  I tested pupdmd in popper doctor and it works. do you need the b2s file for the pup pack to work?

bietekwiet
                                          Participant
                                            @bietekwiet

The flippers are fine. A real table was used for the setup

I only played the real table once before Covid and I remember it being a tough mother to play with all the shots having very tight entrances (ramps, catch, orbits…) so it is not surprising that the VPX table plays hard as well.
                                            Really tough to get some kind of flow but hey, that’s what makes us come back to play it even more!

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 549 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?